• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Insomnia after a month of sobriety

Sobrietysucks2019

Greenlighter
I was on Meth for a year. I'd binge on a teener of high quality ice over 2 to 3 days. The year before I was using about an 8 of cut up bad coke over the course of a weekend. Before that I was a social coke user. I'm at the one month point of sobriety and haven't been sleeping. Other than smoking cigarettes I haven't been using any stimulants. I've been hyperactive and acting crazy like I'm using. Has anyone else gone through this? Any remedies? I can't use Marajuana because I just got my job back. Thank you in advance.

You're sober but acting hyperactive? It could be that you were self-medicating with stimulants.

Have you thought about a diagnosis so you can get something less addictive as a medication for this behavioral issue?

It might also be a short-term effect of quitting; try to get another month or two under your belt. Take care and I am sorry MMJ is not an option.

Yes, I'm sober from meth and c. I have drank some alcohol. When I was using meth, I stopped drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes. It's so unhealthy, but smoking cigarettes like a chimney helped me get through this month. I've read these forums for years and I've never heard of insomnia and hyperactivity during meth withdrawal.

Its pretty common. Tryto get some sleep meds. I use mirtazepine which works well.

I gotta say that the first month of recovery is just when you start to begin to heal. Month two is where the magic starts.

^ its different for everyone, mine was a hell ride until month 5. though it did thankfully follow a generally improving trajectory, with periods of a few days of feeling good here and there, up til then otherwise i wouldn't have made it that long.

well done OP on getting a month in.