• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Insomnia Advice

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey,

Didn't know to put this under benzos or opioids or what but hope people can relate. 1-3 days a week I cannot sleep. Even the Temazepam does not turn my brain off. If I sleep good like I did yesterday, it is a sign I will not sleep again.

I find that my medications work better after 24 hours of no sleep but 36+ it gets weird sometimes. Right now, no huge deal but awake 18 hours. Weird time, 4AM about. I try not to take first Oxycodone until 12PM but days like this sometimes I take it at 8AM, 6AM, etc. I deal with the pain until i can't but lack of sleep worsens it.

What do I do to manage my dose now? 40MG for pain throughout the day sucks as is but days like this idk what to do. 6MG Klonopin is fine, never need it all so a long day is fine. Celexa was making my pain medication ineffective so I take that at night now. Idk why I'm telling you this but I just don't know what to do. What can I do to occupy my mind for hours now and how to spread out the dose of pain medication? Sorry if a useless thread just confused

Took 20MG Oxy and 1MG Klonopin at 7AM, an hour ago. Hoping today isn't agony, never understood why sometimes sleep is a literal impossibility. Going to take Black Seed Oil in about 30 minutes to hopefully extend pain relief

Hey Future,

I am sorry to hear this.
Have you tried sleepy time tea extra (with valerian) and listening to guided meditations?
That really helps me. Give that a try my friend.

Diphenhydramine is also something you could try just on the nights where you are really struggling. Otherwise, your body gets used to it and it doesn’t help sleep as effectively.

here is a link to a 16 minute meditation that works good for me.

❤️

There is also something about the combination of paracetamol and diphenhydramine, doxylamine, or phenyltoloxamine that makes it a more than the sum of its parts. I suspect it could the drop in body temperature, and/or stopping any mild pain you may have anywhere.

Maybe some more hypnotic benzos, clonazepam is an anxyolitic, here you have from the ashton manual which one is a(anti-anxyolitic) h (hypnotic) and the other category anti convulsants.

The equivalency is regarding diazepam

I appreciate all the replies seriously guys. I wish I had access to DHC but I am prescribed 30MG Temazepam and I don't know if it's the PTSD or what but once or twice a week even doubling the dose plus the Clonazepam I just cannot turn my brain off. When the thoughts get too invasive I decide I must call it a day and i take a shower and just start it. Thank you guys again

I do understand. I actually messaged Nico a few days ago to ask him if there was anything that he knew of that would just shut dreams off completely. The constant vivid dreaming is so messed up! I suffer it also.

I was actually awake when you posted this in the middle of the night but my head hurt too bad to respond.

Yeah that helps sometimes Shady‘s Fox. But makes the headaches worse sometimes too.
Good advise though. It can help sometimes.

I second the sleepy time extra (w/ valerian) and some strong indica weed. Knocks my ass out no problem.

You guys are all awesome and kind and I appreciate it. I never heard this sleepy time tea, thisbisbthe actual name? I now have been up little shy 48 hours but my BL family I have problems. I have Medical card and the cartridges aid in sleep many times but sometimes the Indica even keeps me up no matter what. I had to take 1 extra Oxycodone but am happy I made it with that. I feel wired still and don't know why. A friend who practiced occultism for years believes I have something following me but I think it's just combination of pain and trauma. After 3 days awakenthough I question many things. Tonight I hope I sleep but if not ah man it gets rough very similar to Ambien just confusion and I cant force sledp

Magnesium glycinate. Or another good magnesium version ( not the kind from the normal drugstore) is worth looking into. mag deficiency is common and can cause all sorts of insomnia and tension. I’m generally not a believer in “natural” remedies but was amazed how calm and sleepy this made me. Worth investigating.

Sleepy time tea extra, yes that is the actual name and you can get it at any grocery store. Go pick some up and while you are there get some Epsom salts (for magnesium). That is an excellent idea Karamazov!
Take a nice bath with a handful of Epsom salts mixed in there and drink the sleepy time tea and you should be nice and relaxed.
Good sleep is on its way Future.

Don’t let anyone start freaking you out about something following you. That is what loss of sleep starts making you feel like and that is BS. You are surrounded by Love. No worries.

Listen to that meditation I sent you if you are not asleep after the tea and Epsom salt bath.
(The Dr. Teals Epsom salt bath soak with lavender is amazing. The smell of lavender is soothing and is supposed to help sleep.)

Good night. Sleep well.
❤️

You mentioned cartridges. Are you willing/able health wise and living situation wise to smoke flowers in a pipe or joint or something? Vaping thc distillate cartridges (or even dry herb vaporizers sometimes) often just make me alert and in a good mood regardless of indica/sativa.

Mayor of Chicago

-=
Hoep
Electro agonist especially for string instrments &cthe shoot an arrow though the window of the house, apparently not fowl play at all, it was an arrow which files like drunken sailors are piloting a tiny sub with hyoscine and morphine one

You guys are all awesome and kind and I appreciate it. I never heard this sleepy time tea, thisbisbthe actual name? I now have been up little shy 48 hours but my BL family I have problems. I have Medical card and the cartridges aid in sleep many times but sometimes the Indica even keeps me up no matter what. I had to take 1 extra Oxycodone but am happy I made it with that. I feel wired still and don't know why. A friend who practiced occultism for years believes I have something following me but I think it's just combination of pain and trauma. After 3 days awake though I question many things. Tonight I hope I sleep but if not ah man it gets rough very similar to Ambien just confusion and I cant force sledp

Opium dumpling soup mmmm-mmm-mm for good!

Last edited:
Hey Future,

Just wondering if you were able to get some sleep yet? I sure do hope so!
Let us know how you are doing.

❤️

1-3 days a week I cannot sleep. Even the Temazepam does not turn my brain off. If I sleep good like I did yesterday, it is a sign I will not sleep again.
If I am dosing some "good" opis along with benzos and opi or benos run out the sleep deprivation is always there. I have 32mg amitriptyline (old) and after not taking it (1/4 = ~8mg) it does in fact help me sleep nicely... but one may get used to it (the sleepless nights) and it becomes a payment for the many really good nights/days of sleep. Rinse repeat.
Guess what I'm saying is; I have found nothing to overcome 1-3 days (or weeks) of no sleep upon cessation of either... it sucks. Its part and parcel. I personally couldn't afford it and got irate when shit ran amok. Fucking anxiety playing tricks on me and all is become doom. Literal madness. Cannot "live" there.
There is a love/hate relationship with society and am blessed/cursed with wanting to stay social on a daily basis. Well, most of the time. Sometimes I will not go out for a few days. Love that time as it affords time to fucking process all the shit being fed to me from every angle... maybe i can find a few gold nuggets in the piles of poop strewn about.
The only way I can combat this type of *insomnia is not to use these combos (or either) on a regular basis.
Lucky that I found an alternative that is effective and cheap. It barely controls pain/anxiety but it does.
Guess someone posted about gabas (pregabalin optimally) but also gabapentin. This may or may not work for you. Didn't work much for me... only more of what created the insanity would bring it under control.

Last edited:
Hey further are you able to get mirtazepine it's a anti depressant but is supposed to be great BV for sleep 😴

You sound like me :(
Insomnia sucks
Temaz does bugger all for me unless I’ve been up for 3 days and then it still only gives me a few hours sleep because it’s short lasting.

Oxy or codeine sometimes relaxes me enough to put me out for the night but that’s hit and miss

Can’t get Val? If I double or even triple the prescribed dose it’ll give me a solid 8 hours.

Sorry if this was already said, I should have read first but I’m coming down and a bit scattered