• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Insights to "Life" after coming off Heroin?

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
I feel no real need to say this but just incase people don't know I began using way back in 2001, I am UK based & we get good Afghan #3 (Smoking heroin but can also be banged) & had a habit since 2004, when I say Habit I mean getting sick if I didn't get it.

I'm now clean, well I am no longer in need of Heroin to function like everyone else does, I have had a bit of gear here & there but it has been very sporadic in my use, I really don't get what I used to from it & the last bit I had was a very "sludgy" feeling high, I just had an itch & everything was "flat" in that typical Heroin mind state.

Since stopping the "street heroin life" & living in a Heroin haze I am starting to really "see" the world again in a whole new way with a kind of "Acid clarity" I am getting an insight into "Life" I missed out on for several decades, it feels in a way like being a new born baby.

I'm curious what insights have you gained since getting clean?

Had my first bag of gear yesterday in 13 days & the effect was horrific, the high was equal to DXM mixed with Datura.

i’ve also gained this insight here recently… like a post-nut clarity just with an abandoned needle instead.

yeah… describing it as like an LSD afterglow does feel really accurate. i think it’s our brains healing.. connections being made, us appreciating things like a rainy day or dropping you kid off at school or writing music or taking a photo of something. it’s the tiny bits & drops of gratitude for me. the confidence my intellectualism is coming back, my expression, the light in my eyes.

without sounding too much like a grass rat, we move ❤️

big hugs <3

I feel no real need to say this but just incase people don't know I began using way back in 2001, I am UK based & we get good Afghan #3 (Smoking heroin but can also be banged) & had a habit since 2004, when I say Habit I mean getting sick if I didn't get it.

I'm now clean, well I am no longer in need of Heroin to function like everyone else does, I have had a bit of gear here & there but it has been very sporadic in my use, I really don't get what I used to from it & the last bit I had was a very "sludgy" feeling high, I just had an itch & everything was "flat" in that typical Heroin mind state.

Since stopping the "street heroin life" & living in a Heroin haze I am starting to really "see" the world again in a whole new way with a kind of "Acid clarity" I am getting an insight into "Life" I missed out on for several decades, it feels in a way like being a new born baby.

I'm curious what insights have you gained since getting clean?
Feel proud of u, brother.
I know uve probably heard this a ton of times at different points, but "drugs are not what they used to be"(especially heroin's quality in the past few years has gone downfuckinghill). And you're in the UK, I can't even imagine the H situation in the States.
So I think it was about time for you to quit, too much drugs gets tiresome.
Keep going bro. 💯

i think it’s our brains healing.. connections being made, us appreciating things like a rainy day or dropping you kid off at school or writing music or taking a photo of something. it’s the tiny bits & drops of gratitude for me. the confidence my intellectualism is coming back, my expression, the light in my eyes.
QFT <3 <3

I know uve probably heard this a ton of times at different points, but "drugs are not what they used to be"(especially heroin's quality in the past few years has gone downfuckinghill). And you're in the UK, I can't even imagine the H situation in the States.
I said that a few days ago, the USA is all Fent due to Mexican Cartels.
A whole generation are using stuff they think is Heroin but it isn't & all they know is a nasty Fent high.

I am sure if most folks in the USA tasted proper Afghan #3 they would say what they just smoked wasn't Heroin

I said that a few days ago, the USA is all Fent due to Mexican Cartels.
A whole generation are using stuff they think is Heroin but it isn't & all they know is a nasty Fent high.

I am sure if most folks in the USA tasted proper Afghan #3 they would say what they just smoked wasn't Heroin
It was actually 🇨🇳 who started the whole shit, but yeah they eventually teamed up with the cartels and now the 🇺🇸 is royally fucked up.
Since the taliban took power over 🇦🇫 and destroyed most of the poppy fields, there's also been a reduction in the global supply on #3 and the quality ofc is affected by this too.
Man, these are other times. The world is mad right now and the good drugs are either garbage or expensive. So better stay away from em(at least for now :😜.
Ps. Yeah, gringos don't know what real heroin is, at least the gen z ones. I don't think they deserve good heroin either. Their country Is fking falling apart. Xd

Yeah, gringos don't know what real heroin is, at least the gen z ones. I don't think they deserve good heroin either. Their country Is fking falling apart.
AjarDependentBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

1. I'm basically unfit to cope with existence.

2. Life is brighter and more fulfilling, if also more painful, when you remove the comfort blanket. Blankets can smother you, the escape route lead to a dead end, the safe refuge become a prison.

3. Heroin didn't ruin my life. I ruined my life with heroin.

4. I might earn quite a lot of money with a book of outrageously true reminiscences which I'd call 'Tales from the Traphouse' if I could get myself organised enough to write it.

5. I really bloody like heroin.

I question that, you are smart & taught me a few things.
When I was younger, and when I got off heroin 11 years ago, I also felt "good" when I got sober, both psychologically and physically. Hopeful, motivated, palpable clarity.

But these days it isn't so peachy. I feel empty, broken and depressed when I get sober. It doesn't seem to wane with more sober time. The inevitable buoyancy of all the emotions I've drowned pulls it right back to the surface. All of my shortcomings due to poor choices barrels toward me like an unstoppable train. It's terrifying.

Why is it different now? Is this a neurological effect of alcoholism? Or is it because I'm getting older, making consequences more dire and unforgiving?

Is it actually different, or is this all in my mind?

I haven't meditated in a long time. No bueno.

I'm basically unfit to cope with existence.
You are born for a reason, you are here to learn something then move on at death. We all feel that way but it's not true.
I might earn quite a lot of money with a book of outrageously true reminiscences which I'd call 'Tales from the Traphouse' if I could get myself organised enough to write it.
lol
Same here too, I have wanted to write it for years. It will be called "Score: Tales From An Unrepentant Heroin Addict"
I really bloody like heroin
So did I, I promise you that. You cannot live the rest of your life that way though.

Well after a decade of being heavily dependent on opioids of some fashion or another, I definitely still haven't gotten my full motivation back. I still physically have low energy, but I have to factor in that I recently had some medication changes too, so I'm still kind of early into it. I can't for the life of me remember, but I think the last zubsolv I took was nearly a month at this point.