• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Inflamation of the stomach after covid (unaccinated)

Bare_head

Bluelighter
Hey guys. Currently just got discharged from hospital after another horrible stomach inflammation after getting covid. Im on day 26 so not infectious anymore as far as i am aware but the symptoms i am having are as follows:

Day 2-4 Started off as a flu type feeling. Insane hot and cold sweats of a night. Temperature seemed normal though when checked.

Day 5-14- completely zapped off energy. Dont really have any cough but nose is dripping slightly and its strange to taste. Pretty much bed for 16+ hours a day. Headache and some aches followed by some serious gi discomfort (poop looked yellow when passing stool) one episode in middle of night where my stomach felt inflamed like someone had tied a band around my stomach or a rock was inside my stomach . Fingers feel numb of the left hand mainly and other extremities as well as heart rate is around 110bpm resting. Rang out of hours doc. He perscribed prednisone? And told me to take them daily which i stupidly didnt take but did pick them up. My heart felt bad and wasnt sure it would help.. he also told me vitamin c and zinc which i began taking.

Day 14-26 - my lethargy is much better but still have some disconcerting feelings in my chest and the numbness is my extremities. Felt like i was making some recovery until the past day or two. I still have this disconcerting feeling in.left chest like my heart and my second finger in from my pinky is still quite numb. Then this morning when getting into bed i had alarmling gi discomfort. Felt it was indegestion but then soon as i turned to get up my stomach just began excruciating pain in the higher abdomen. It was hard. I couldnt stand straight, breathing felt hard but was talking so obvioisly could breathe.. the pain just wouldnt go. 2 hours in and i began shaking and throwing up clear water? I guess the water i was intaking was rejecting.

I go up to a and e cause the pain was debilitating and i thought it might be it for me for some time. The pain subsided when they give me some I.V omneprazole and anti sickness drug and fluids helped

They done blood tests. The doctor said something about there being some anomaly but the fluids should help with that? Didnt tell me quite what and when came back told me that he spoke to his senior and no extra blood needed to be taken. Ecg they said was fine. They diagnosed me with inflammation of the stomach and give me some anti biotics (clarimythcin) to help with the possible infection? Idk exactly why. Back home feeling a bit sore in the stomach.. told to take omneprazole daily aswell

Sorry for my rant. Im on the autistic sprectrum.

Going forward i will listen to the doctors. This novel virus we know so little about has made me realise health is so precious and when its gone its in an instant..

So what i would like to know what i can do going forward for my full recovery. Take my antibitotcs i guess is the first.

Second i probably would like to think about getting vaccinated. Im scared of needles but i had a canular in today it wasnt that bad :).

Should i continue with my zinc and vitamin c? Any advice on what to do next if i dont get better? Arghhh i hate my anxiety, you can probably sense this through my post.

Thanks for listening.

sorry you've been having such a shit time of it, glad you've been discharged from hospital though, hopefully means you're on the mend. try not to catastrophise. i'd continue taking your vitamin supplements until you feel better. i don't think those ones can harm you. get some live yoghurt in you to try and help your gut microbiome recover from the antibiotics.

its not clear from your post that drs confirmed the stomach issues were directly caused by covid. not sure if it matters though.

take your antibiotics and omeprazole and keep following drs orders.

i did get some of the symptoms you reported from covid, they have resolved. i was triple vaccinated so the whole thing was over in just over a week thank fuck.

stomach issues are a fucker. my entire digestive system is basically fucked cos i didn't care for it. so please do everything you can. avoid alcohol. don't go ridiculous lengths of time without eating. get a decent fibre intake. all that shit people tell you to do, i found out the hard way.... i.e. ignoring it for years, that they tell you for a reason!!

Oh man these symptoms just keep feeling in waves its crazy for me nothing really like a cold 32 days in

Its like a terrible research chemical with no positives a whole load of scary symptoms. I dont think i will leave the house until im in a body bag.

Headache. Stomach hard, arteries keep pulsing, these strange stabbing pains all over my body. Siblings who are vaxxed over it in 10 days or so...