PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Inducing a breakthrough experience

Trex_Echoes

Greenlighter
Hi friends,

I'll begin with a trip report.

Around three to four years ago, I came across some blotter tabs for sale. Prior to this I've only tripped on tabs (never tested any of the tabs I got, so I can't confirm if they're legitimate LSD) given to me by a friend of mine, and back then he rarely if ever exceeded one full tab. Because of this, psychedelics were kind of a let down, and those mystical trip reports I've read about all seemed to be an extreme exaggeration, but I still believed there existed the potential to trip harder. So by purchasing my own tabs I'm really excited that I would be able to push the limits of a psychedelic experience as well as be able to trip alone for once.

Since I had a limited quantity of tabs, I only took two. At around the two hour mark, I again, was disappointed at the strength of the tabs and decided to walk around my house, maybe chill with my sister. When I told her how disappointed I was, she recommended I smoke some cannabis to intensify the trip. I took her advice, went to my room and smoked one of my joints.

While I was smoking, I was just spacing out, staring in the direction of a table lamp I had in my room. I wasn't really looking at the lamp as I was kind of spaced out in a day dream state, but the longer I stared I kind of imagined, not willingly, a little pink idol of Ganesh. The longer I thought or imagined the idol, the more formed or fuller it got, becoming more and more real, as if it was actually there in front of the table lamp. This both shocked and excited me, as the most I've ever experienced on what I assume to be LSD was the basic breathing environments, swirls of colors, and tracers.

I got really excited and started trying to force myself to see things with great success. I read somewhere once that to really have success with the visuals of psychedelics, you need to stare at things that aren't in motion, so that's what I did.

It got dark, and I never bothered to turn on the lights as I was distracted tripping. Eventually I began spacing out again and fell or moved forward into a vortex of kaleidoscope lights and colors. At some point I decided I wanted to stop and do something else, but then realized I couldn't as I didn't really exist. It was a question of go back to what? I was only what I was seeing and hearing. I panicked for a slight second but then felt an extreme, constant feeling of euphoria as if I had ascended to a higher state beyond everything I once knew.

After that I can't really remember much details as it was an overload of visual information beyond my understanding. But ever since I've always been able to recreate the setting, and induce a breakthrough experience.

To do this, I would sit in a dark room, take some LSD (amount depends on strength of the tabs - again, I've never tested), smoke 1-2 joints, and just defocus my eyes, stare out into the dark nothingness, and eventually be overwhelmed by a psychedelic trip that seems DMT-like, including meeting or seeing entities that do interact with me, and traveling to places not of our dimension.

Anyways, after this experience I would try to convince any willing potential psychonaut to attempt to trip the way I do, following the guidelines I discovered. Unfortunately, I have never been able to recreate the experience for anyone else.

My question is, does anyone have any input or idea about how I am able to reach this state consistently, and is it even possible to teach someone to breakthrough the way I have?

Many thanks!

try to observe your physical body and mental contents more closely during your process.
write reports later ,recording how your body sensations were perceived and shifted through the session, and
how your mental contents appeared and shifted during your energy direction exercise which brings you to your "break through"

I think your instruction may be too skimpy, even though you are a natural at altered state manipulation (to some extent) you have
too little awareness of what is going on in your own crucible to advise other psychonautic-alchemists.

My best most profound trips involve taking a psychedelic and a dissociative in a dark room. I regularly have deep spiritual trips this way.

I find on even very low doses of psychedelics, nitrous can induce a breakthrough experience. You sort of have to, "learn" how to do it, but once you do you can initiate it pretty consistently.

try to observe your physical body and mental contents more closely during your process.
write reports later ,recording how your body sensations were perceived and shifted through the session, and
how your mental contents appeared and shifted during your energy direction exercise which brings you to your "break through"

I think your instruction may be too skimpy, even though you are a natural at altered state manipulation (to some extent) you have
too little awareness of what is going on in your own crucible to advise other psychonautic-alchemists.

It's true that I'm not completely aware. I don't exactly know how to pinpoint the particulars of how I manage to reproduce and achieve this state, but it's possibly due to how naturally it comes to me.

I will definitely attempt to keep track of whatever I can during my next trip so that it can be more informative.

Thank you!

Unfortunately both deprivation tanks and nitrous oxide are not readily available, but I will definitely keep an eye out.

As for dissociatives, what can anyone recommend (substance, dosage, procedure, etc.). I can acquire the basic pharmaceutical dissociatives such as; DXM, and Memantine, but can't think of anything else that could be available.

Assuming I only had LSD and cannabis available, would any of you recommend any tips to reach a breakthrough state? I personally find low dose LSD, or LSD without cannabis to be kind of boring to be honest. Regardless of how many tabs I've taken, without cannabis, I always feel the headspace and visuals to be strangely sober. I love not being in control and super confused, as weird as that sounds.

If you're so determined, I'm sure some large bong rips and a hefty dose of LSD would put you quite out there lol.

If you're so determined, I'm sure some large bong rips and a hefty dose of LSD would put you quite out there lol.

Agreed. I'll recommend higher doses and more cannabis. My only concern is, from my understanding not everyone is capable of handling the intensity.

Patience is key. I'll slowly build up the one remaining friend who wants to experience ego death and breakthrough towards higher doses.

Baby steps are key.

Thank you for your tips!

Agreed. I'll recommend higher doses and more cannabis. My only concern is, from my understanding not everyone is capable of handling the intensity.

Patience is key. I'll slowly build up the one remaining friend who wants to experience ego death and breakthrough towards higher doses.

Baby steps are key.

Thank you for your tips!

Ah and thats why things like DMT or nitrous are so useful. They are incredibly brief, they allow you to go pretty deep, but not for a prolonged time.

Taking a high dose of LSD, and then smoking a ton of weed on top of it, could certainly induce a "breakthrough" experience, but this intense state could last hours and this lends itself to more difficult experiences (feelings of being stuck/trapped come to mind)

Love those closed eye visualizations in a dark room on DXM, even though they are quite random. Unfortunately, you must take high doses of DXM to "break on through to the other side." I know at high doses, for instance, 4oz of Robitussin on an empty stomach (8 hours so prepare). Once I begin to sense the first bottle (about an hour) I take a large bottle of Delsym (12 hour polistirex time release) and another large bottle of delsym 2 hours later in order for the time release DXM to alternate. This keeps me at a psychedelic peak for a long period of time. You must prepare yourself because you may have a jarring, profound breakthrough since DXM trips are at times unpredictable.