View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Indonesian president backs drug war

poledriver

Bluelighter
Indonesian president backs drug war

IndoPresident-Joko-Widodo-drugs800X1037-494x640.jpg

Indonesian President Joko Widodo puts a bag of narcotics into an incinerator during a drugs destruction event in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Indonesian President Joko Widodo has helped burn bags of meth, marijuana and hypnotic chemical pills in Jakarta, only months after the national anti-narcotics unit called to enact a Philippines-style drug war in the country.

Accompanied by former military general and current top security advisor Wiranto, Widodo handled packages of hallucinogenic erimin pills, examined piles of ecstasy tablets and tossed a bag of crystal methamphetamine into an incinerator under the media spotlight at an event hosted by the National Narcotics Agency (BNN) at Monas Square.

‘When I see stuff like this, we must again declare a major war against drugs,’ said Widodo at the event in which 445 kilograms of methamphetamine, 190,840 ecstasy pills, 422 kg of dried marijuana, and 323,000 pills of erimin five seized in raids were destroyed, according to an official statement by the BNN.

The event comes amid calls by the BNN to step up the war against illegal drugs and drug trafficking, with the BNN chief calling on the Indonesian administration to emulate the strategy of Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte, who has sanctioned extrajudicial killings of drug dealers in an attempt to clean up the black market trade.

‘If such a policy were implemented in Indonesia, we believe that the number of drug traffickers and users in our beloved country would drop drastically,’ BNN head Budi Waseso told media in September, referring to the drug war in the Philippines where thousands of people have been found murdered in the streets since July.

Indonesia has already sentenced 25 people to death over drugs crimes this year and last year witnessed eight executions that prompted international outrage.

Following the killings of two Australian citizens in April 2015, Australia threatened to cut off all diplomatic ties and even temporarily withdrew its ambassador to Indonesia.

But Widodo continues to stand strong on the country’s anti-drugs policy and after meeting with Duterte in September has shown signs of backing the BNN with an even tougher stance.

‘Fifteen thousand young people die every year because of drugs. How many dealers… die each year? This is a question for the head of BNN. Please give the bottom line,’ Widodo said at the event.

http://www.echo.net.au/2016/12/indonesian-president-backs-drug-war/

No worries. Pretty weird these presidents get so worked up over illegal drugs when smoking in Indonesia is apparently killing between 300,000 - 400,000 people there per year and addicting young children.

According to an official spokesman of a special commission set up to protect children's rights (KPAI) and evolve regulations to prevent children getting addicted to smoking, "The future of 80 million Indonesian children is at stake as the cigarette producers were intentionally aiming children as their future market through massive TV advertisements and sponsorships on activities in which teenagers involved the most."[5]

More than 30% of Indonesian children reportedly smoke a cigarette before the age of 10.[6] In 2010, a two-year-old boy from Sumatra, Ardi Rizal, made global headlines for having a 40-a-day cigarette habit.[6]

In 2003, cigarette advertising and promotion in Indonesia was valued at $250 million.[7] It is thus one of the most distinctive tobacco manufacturing hubs in the world. Smoking Kretek is said to be "an ingrained part of Indonesian culture". An all pervading scent of kretek smoke is distinctly discerned in Indonesia.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_in_Indonesia#cite_note-Republika-13

These tough on (certain) drug idiots are power tripping corrupt assholes.

Hey when mass murders team up does it impact the international laws we can prosecute them under.. lets give them a name.. anyone have a good name for these conspiring murderers?

Countries like The Phillipines, Malaysia and Indonesia are just about the most ass backwards in the entire world when it comes to drugs.

I'm not exactly sure why sociologically speaking this region of the world is so anti-drug, but these countries' anti-drug propaganda is about as dangerous as it gets: all I ever think about is movies like Return to Paradise with Vince Vaughn and Joechim Phoenix where the latter gets hung for hash.

These are real 3rd world countries whose morals are in stuck somewhere back around 200 years ago or god knows when, thinking that if you so much as use marijuanna you should be hung.

I believe that even if or once the U.S. legalizes weed and starts having more progressive attitudes towards other drugs these countries will not have shifted a bit.

They are throughly decadent in the worst ways, immoral to the point of insanity, especially in the Phillipines where their president believes murder is ok but drug use is not.

It makes me sick just thinking about it.

The worst thing about it IMO is that these people have ZERO idea that what they are doing is wrong or recognize that the rest of the world's outrage at what they are doing means anything at all.

Lets face it, I hate to be (what's the word for thinking one country is better than another?) but the U.S. and first world are just plain ahead of countries like The Phillipines, Malaysia and Indonesia in almost every possible way and those countries ought to follow suit in AT LEAST not fucking executing people for drugs.

But NO...I think something to do with radical Islam or some backwards traditional thinking has raped their minds.

These are the sorts of people who won't shift their opinions in 1,000 years.

Shame as I've heard some of these countries are beautiful but I wouldn't go there in a million years, aside from the fact I wouldn't dream of using a drug in these countries, even if I quit all drugs forever I wouldn't step foot on their soil out of principal.

That's the one and only act I can take to fight against their hypocrisy: that I'm one American who will not consider their country worth my visitation due to their policies, and there are others like me so they should be wary of their effect on the outside world.

Last edited:
No worries. Pretty weird these presidents get so worked up over illegal drugs when smoking in Indonesia is apparently killing between 300,000 - 400,000 people there per year and addicting young children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_in_Indonesia#cite_note-Republika-13

These tough on (certain) drug idiots are power tripping corrupt assholes.

Indonesia, The Phillipines and Malaysia are clearly some of the most corrupt countries in the word.

I consider them beyond contempt.

Ermin 5 is one of the brand name of Nimetazepam in Indonesia and southeast asia that being favorite and have such a mass of fans. usually they consume it for partying, but as i know the real and the right usage are for medical treatment for Insomnia patient and it has feeling of freshness when u woke up in the morning. somebody tried this kind of Nimetazepam??