• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Incarseration rate skyrockets and employment rate plummets during American Drug War

FunctionalOlfactio

Bluelighter
Washington Post said:
imrs.php

Source:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../?Post+generic=?tid=sm_twitter_washingtonpost

The drug war officially began in 1971. Do you notice any trends?

Obviously justified from the success of Americas social policies we have spread our shadow imperialisms to Afghanistan and now Iraq. Syria is next on the list to receive a big glass full of American social problems, no I meant freedom, that still isn't right. Whatever you call it Syria is next on the list to receive whatever America is spreading.

I would say it's also whatever "capitalism" or more specifically a culture of mass consumption is spreading.

But as far as this article in the WP goes, is this really what goes for breaking news? Incarceration rates have long been "skyrocketing" for non-whites while employment rates have been plummeting... Not like I'm against this material being covered - it absolutely NEEDS to be, as communities most affected by incarceration as also those without much of a voice.

Then again, many if not most people probably wouldn't act surprised to learn this stuff though. They'd probably just argue it's because "black commit more crime." Derr... :\