• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Careers IM SO SERIOUS ABOUT THIS

gypsiejunkie

Bluelighter
Hey! Idk if this is the correct place to post this but I think it'll work. I have come up with yet another life plan and I need to know if I am being at all realistic or if you guys have any advice..

I live in a shit town in a shit state. it really is quite awful here. I work min wage jobs and I have somewhat of a reputation because I have been so erratic and crazy my whole life. point being, I've basically run out of options here.

good news is my kids are about grown and I've been considering the possibility that maybe I don't have to be stuck here my whole life??

now I've got about 2.5 years until my daughter is 18 and 4.5 years until my son is 18. in 2.5 years I'm making my escape. I'm pretty set on it. I'll get my last round of taxes and I'm taking my son if he wants to go (I told him if he wanted to stay he could with family) and I'm moving the fuck on. I really have no support here and I've tried as hard as I can to succeed to no avail.

my plan?? this I am so serious about ok? don't laugh at me. I want to become a burlesque dancer in New Orleans. I don't even think this is an unattainable goal actually?? I took 15 years of dance growing up and I am a musician and have performed my entire life albeit on a small scale but enough to know i love performing.

does anyone here live in New Orleans? any advice? I'm pretty much just trying to get by until i leave, get off probation etc etc but I mean why not? I'm only 33 rn and I still have plenty of life to live. I just can't deal with being trapped in this cesspool my entire life.

I really think I could make it on some level I just don't know how to go about moving across country, finding a job, etc.

any advice at all is welcome.