• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Im on methadone maintenance, will tramadol induce withdrawals?

Blindtortuga

Greenlighter
Hi there. Im in Mexico at the end of a two week trip to see my girlfriend. I am on 68 mgs a day of methadone and I was given take home bottles for my trip. There was an accident and i have lost 4 of my doses.
I have only one dose left that I split in two. I dont leave until monday back to America and I cant dose again until Wednesday.
Tramadol is sold without prescription here but I am afraid it will trigger withdrawal like suboxone does while on methadone.
I googled and searched the forums but there isnt must in way of actual user experience to draw from.
If tramadol is a bad idea then is there any alternative? Everyone says i can get opiates by just talking to a pharmacist here but ive run all around and that absolutely has not happened for me. I know people personally who have gotten oxy here without prescription but i guess I am unlucky.
I really dont want to travel sick on a plane shitting and shaking.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tramadol is actually used for methadone withdrawal sometimes. Just don't take more than 300mg at a time. I would suggest actually taking 100mg first to see how you feel . It takes about an hr to feel it , so please promise you won't take more until you give it time. Tramadol at high doses can cause seizures or serotonin syndrome. It supposed to be bad to drink on it too. Be careful

Thank you for the reply. i just want my withdrawal symptoms gone. I will only take what is necessary.
Ive been clean for 400 days except for weed and my methadone.
But what happens if there is still methadone in my system? As of right now I have very light withdrawals. I know tramadol is for treating methadone addiction but what about taking tramadol as an opiate addict and hving traces of methadone still in my system?
Some sources say you can percipitate withdrawals while others say otherwise.

Tramadol will not cause withdrawal. I took it while on methadone and it did not cause any withdrawal. If your without methadone it'll help you feel better . Now it's not gonna get you highafter the methadone is gone , but it will help some . I actually took it for methadone withdrawal a month ago and it did help mask most of the symptoms ( diarrhea, insomnia, rls) . I still had some symptoms, but it helped . It has no antagonistic effects on opiates. Hope this helps. I was in Cancun last January and was scared to death I would get busted at the airport with it even though I had a script.

Last edited:
Tramadol is definitely not placebo and it will not cause precipitated withdrawals. You do have to be careful though, the maximum daily dose of tramadol is 300-400mg before you start having a serious risk of having a seizure. Tramadol is known to cause seizures whether people are prone to them or not, so try not to go over that 400mg limit.