• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I'm already well aware (living with pain)

RUC4

Bluelighter
I'm already well aware

Pain News Network
By Mia Maysack
14 June 2023

Excerpts:
If I did not cling to my optimism for dear life, I'd scoff at the concept of an awareness month such as June being nationally recognized as Migraine & Headache Awareness Month. That’s due to the fact I am someone who has lived with a daily reminder of intractable pain for over two decades. It isn’t those of us who can directly relate to the pain experience that are in need of awareness.
There have been some who have thought of my claims about illness are disingenuous. But the reality is that I actually learned to “fake” wellness, in an effort to create a sense of fulfillment and meaning in my life, despite the hand I’ve been dealt. Others claim those of us who live with pain should be able to “fix” ourselves, once we acknowledge things like a childhood trauma; or that if we adopt “sufficient water intake” and “sleep hygiene” for example, all will be well.

This article caught my eye because anyone who has chronic pain can relate. For chronic pain sufferers, pain is the norm. I can so much relate to, "There have been some who have thought of my claims about illness are disingenuous." I don't express pain in a 'normal' way I guess, and I think this is common.
Chronic pain sufferers make up some percentage of addicts (although I think the term Dependant is better than Addicted). Everyone is looking to numb pain, whether it's physical or emotional.

Last edited:
It’s almost universal for families to doubt invisible pain (meaning no outward injury). Mine did. The only variation is regarding how much they question it. It’s also almost universal for the one in pain to be deeply offended by their confusion and questions.

Forgiveness is super helpful. Praying for their good for example. And recognizing their doubts are totally normal (I know, we don’t want to admit that, but they are more than normal but almost universal as mentioned).

I’ve had chronic pain for 20+ years. Doctors have never identified any underlying cause.

I cling to the theory that it can be cured by resolving emotional issues (because it gives me hope that there is a cure.)

Now I beat myself up about resolving emotional issues and it’s really frustrating.

I’ve had chronic pain for 20+ years. Doctors have never identified any underlying cause.

I cling to the theory that it can be cured by resolving emotional issues (because it gives me hope that there is a cure.)

Now I beat myself up about resolving emotional issues and it’s really frustrating.
Be kind & gentle with yourself, you are doing the best that you can. I understand pain a lot, I have multiple injuries from domestic violence & a murder attempt …. then also I guess what you could call invisible pain stuff as well … like migraine, headaches & fibromyalgia. We can only do what we can do, unfortunately people in pain get in the habit of apologizing to everyone for being in pain & beating ourselves up. It’s okay sometimes to have to say I can’t do this today & just take care of you.
You got this, one moment at a time, you’ll get there when ya get there. Never give up
Hope any of that made sense
Many blessings 💜

Wish I could write more to help you. For starters I suggest checking out Dr. Chris Knobbe on youtube. There are others who support his conclusions. It’s also behind a lot of pain too. But write more if you want. Live alone? You may have seen my comment just above about invisible pain and forgiveness.

Last edited:

Wow I can totally relate to your name. It also may be relevant to bring up something like daniel adams deliverances, also on youtube. Such helped get me staring into The Light. (Sometimes, more often eg) Finally, as a fellow sufferer, I believe you about being in physical pain.

One more comment; might be relevant if you watch any of that stuff:

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

ketamine-treatment-for-crps.jpg

PSYCHEDELIC MEDICINE | CHRONIC PAIN +80 articles

🙏

Yeah, having to explain to people who do not live with chronic pain often just isn't worth the effort IMO. I have hEDS and I can sprain joints by sitting up, getting out of bed, walking on the pavement. My back just slipped a disk cause I got up from taking a piss.

I started using codeine as a teenager due to scoliosis. And even now it's not managed at all. Hope everyone here is doing okay.