• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If the Bible has been edited, then why leave in the bad bits about God?

But unlike Islam, at least Christianity doesn't still fight "holy wars". I find it a bit hard to take someone seriously who sees more sense in that. But still, the grass is always greener (or more exotic) on the other side, and that's a main problem for Christianity.

What's the problem for Christianity?

Organized Christianity has always been more bad then good, thanks largely to things like it being taught in Latin, which was gibberish to most. A lot of people's lives have been made better by the personal quest, mine included. I practice my own brand of mystical Christianity, guided by the Holy Spirit and the Gospel of Thomas. But fuck a church, fuck a preacher, and fuck most of the edited Bible.

But unlike Islam, at least Christianity doesn't still fight "holy wars".

The sociopolitical climate in Christian countries has changed.
Like I said, Islam isn't as old as Christianity.

If you wait 600-650 years, then you can make a direct comparison.
Otherwise, it is meaningless.

But unlike Islam, at least Christianity doesn't still fight "holy wars". I find it a bit hard to take someone seriously who sees more sense in that. But still, the grass is always greener (or more exotic) on the other side, and that's a main problem for Christianity.
Um... Really? Read a newspaper lately? watched TV?

Christian neo-cons are demonising Muslims daily in our media - the last time this happened at this scale it was about Germans and the world went to war. Now it is Christians versus Muslims.

Looked at what the American-supported Jews are doing to Palestine? Do you realise there are more Palestinians with Israelite blood than there are Jews with the same? Have you looked into the racism involved in the Ashkenazi inhabitants of modern day Israel bombing the people who actually DO have roots in that area?

The Christians LOVE the battle. The American Govt are bought and slavishly follow what their Zionist masters tell them and NONE of them have any rights to either Israel or Jerusalem... but hey... it's those evil Muslim bastards who are causing the problems. The Sephardic Jews ahve not much more claim to Israel than the Ashkenazi but still, we back the invaders as they use modern warfare against people who are barely above crackers as a defence.

Christianity has NEVER stopped fighting Holy wars ever since Paul developed the ultimate control mechanism for people who wonder about things spiritual.