• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos If I add more PG to make a weaker Solution that was 40ML and is now 36ML roughly do I add the same amount as if it was 40ML to begin with?

Drag2019

Bluelighter
I made a 40ML Norflurazepam solution and I used some of the solution do I need to do the math again if I want to make the solution weaker. I wanted to add another 1ML of PG but not sure if re-shaking and heating it again will make the solution far more weaker than desired compared to as if I added 41ML to begin with?

Volume x Concentration = Volume(2) x Concentration(2)

Assuming your solution has a concentration of 1mg/mL, you now have 36mL which contains 36mg of norflurazepam. If you add another mL of PG you'll have a new concentration of 0.97mg/mL.
IF your initial solution contained 40mg in 41mL then the concentration would be identical (40/41= 0.97).

Just mix it well. If you want to be sure just calculate how many mg of norflurazepam are left in those 36mL and then divide it by the final volume of PG.

^

That's what I was asking if the strength I wanted was originally 40ML/(X) MG and needs 41ML/(X) MG Strength so even if there ends up being 30ML when I decide to add another 1ML it shou;d be no different than adding 1ML extra to create a weaker 41ML/(X) MG instead of 40ML to begin with.

It's just a hard question to explain.

No, the concentrations will be different.
Thanks for the reply but I think I may have messed up somehow and need advice.

From what I read once it's clear it's good or is it possible I've ruined this solution? I basically didn't shake it very much only slightly I put the solution in a bit of warm water and it's completely clear very quickly I assumed because it's very pure easily 99+% is it possible I didn't shake the solution enough?

I'm not great at math... I don't know if I should add more or leave it the way it is since the scale said it was 417mg and then moving the tray a bit said it was 420mg and I was aiming for 10MG per 1ML.

It seems weaker than the solutions with 10mg/ml I made that I had shaken and had in warm water for a lot longer than this batch. I seem to be feeling slight withdrawal symptoms and that would make no sense as it should be slightly stronger than my previous solutions and be roughly 11mg if my math is correct? I don't know but I'm scared and worried and don't know what to do now.

To start I need help with this question: I was making a 309mg solution I realized adding powder to liquid will increase the volume. It is not possible to measure the final amount accurately so I used the weight of the solution to figure out the accurate dosage.

1ml propylene glycol weighs .965g

Powder used weighs .309g

For solution of 5mg/ml I put .309g powder into 62ml propylene glycol

Weight is .309g powder + 59.8g propylene glycol (62x.965) or total weight of 60.109g

So actual volume of solution in mls is 60.109g ÷ .965g = 62.29ml (powder upped volume by .29ml)

So adjusted dosage of my solution is 309mg powder ÷ 62.29m. = 4.96mg/ml

Can someone help verify if my math's correct? If it's correct would it be okay to add less propylene glycol into my solution to get it at 5MG ml?

I hope somebody has tips to help make my solutions more accurate. I’m experiencing slight (strong enough) withdrawal each time I mix a new solution. I decided to use norflurazepam due to a longer half-life. I think it could be a lot more potent than expected when used daily.

I'm now using lab-grade beakers with proper plastic seals. I can’t stir it enough before my wrist starts to hurt, I shake the solution it’s a lot easier. I was using mason jars with a seal that I think might have been absorbing the solution each time making a new one. I thought if I made the same potency of solution each time I won't have to worry about it being absorbed since it's same strength solution so I doubt that's causing my slight withdrawal switching to each new solution.

I think maybe I'm leaving it on a hot plate too long (hours) when I fall asleep without shaking. Possibly it's too hot for too long but most benzos don't degrade in heat for hours I think???

Is Norflurazepam more sensitive to heat is leaving it on a hot plate for hours lowering solution potency?

Midazolam and diazepam experienced minimal degradation throughout 120 days of EMS deployment in high-heat environments. Lorazepam experienced significant degradation over 120 days and appeared especially sensitive to higher MKT exposure.Feb. 18, 2014

I get all the powder off the scale tray into the liquid vial. I make sure my scale is on a perfectly leveled surface in a closet corner away from all electronics. I warm up the scale for 1 min + calibrating it before weighing each powder for each new solution using the propylene glycol.

How else do I make a more accurate dose if heat isn't the problem? I don't got money for a more accurate expensive scale as that seems to be the only solution to my problem unless heating for too long is the problem???

Last edited: