• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Idiosyncratic Reactions With Benzodiazepines

TheBlackPirate

Bluelighter
Most sources list Klonopin and Xanax as similar potency and different duration. Could I have an idsoyncratic reaction with Xanax and normal reaction with Klonopin? Specifically, if I took and indiviual dose of .25mg of Xanax with zero tollerance could I get stronger effects than if I took 1mg of Klonopin with zero tollerance?

Could you elaborate on what you mean by an "idiosyncratic" reaction. What I think you are asking is: could your metabolism of benzodiazepines differ from the statistical norm, in that you are either more or less sensitive to a certain benzodiazepine than the majority of the population? If so, than yes, it's definitely possible. Everybody's metabolism is going to vary in regards to different substances, some people have very noticeable differences.

If you are saying that in your personal experience .25mg of alprazolam = ~1mg of clonazepam, than that's considerably different than the generally encountered conversion ratio of the two drugs, but it's not that surprising. Although, clonazepam and alprazolam are equipotent, their subjective potency can be difficult to estimate due to their significantly different half-lives/onset and duration of effects.

So, basically, a lower equivalent dose of alprazolam has the potential to feel as strong or stronger than clonazepam because of its comparably fast onset and peak of effects, but a 400% difference such as what you are indicating is pretty unusual. If I somehow misunderstood your question, let me know and we can go from there.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by an "idiosyncratic" reaction.

Gladly. I occasionally use legal pharmaceutical Klonopin in non-recreational situations. I only require this medication once or twice each month. I am familiar with the effects of this medication without any tolerance. ~.6mg resolves insomnia with almost no cognitive deficits. I have done this recently and am familiar with my sensitivity. I respond well.

Recently I had an opportunity I could experiment with purported "Alprazolam" from the black market. I consumed an allergy test I personally dosed volumetrically. The dose was ~.25mg sublingually. Within 10 minutes I began feeling effects and within 20 minutes I realized I had overdosed. I began keeping tack of the experience in my journal. Within an hour I was strongly euphoric and amnesic. This had the feel of benzodiaepines except much stronger than I had previously experienced. The ataxia was significant enough normal chores were challenging. At T+60 minutes my journal entries stop and I lost consciousness. I regained consciousness about 12 hours later with continuing ataxia and extreme sedation. I can't comment much on the peak effects because I was asleep. I vaguely remember waking in the middle of the peak and rummaging through my mostly empty fridge. I obviously couldn't find much food. At T +24 hours I was mostly sober. At T+36 hours I was feeling rebound/hangover symptoms of achyness, anxiety, nausea, and twitching. At T+60 hours the hangover is fading as well.

I think I received misrepresented Flubromazolam or Clonazolam. How possible is this claim?

Last edited:
very possible.

there is no way 0.25 mg of alprazolam will knock you out for 12 hours , clonazolam put me right to sleep for 8 hours at just 0.5 mg over the therapeutic dose.

OP, unfortunately when your dealing with any substance from the black market, confidence in the purity of said substance becomes non-existent. You could've easily received a more potent substance misrepresented as alprazolam.

So is this the first time you've ever used alprazolam otherwise?

How did you measure 0.25 mg, which is 250 MCG or two strong doses of LSD crystal weight smaller than a grain of sand, as that requires quite a scale or volumetric measuring..... I hope you didn't take 0.25 grams!
He did use volumetric dosing;
I consumed an allergy test I personally dosed volumetrically.
- and a damn good thing you did an allergy test too.
RC HR 101

TheBlackPirate said:
I think I received misrepresented Flubromazolam or Clonazolam. How possible is this claim?
While there is obviously no way we can varify this for you, it seems like a sound hypothesis to me.
The dosages are about right (for flubromazolam anyway; i never had c-lam).
Be careful with that stuff - those two chemicals are incredibly dangerous.

Last edited:
Different benzos have different CYP profiles, an individual could be a fast metabolizer of one and slow of another. Brussel sprouts and cigerette smoking increase diazapam metabolism. Also diazapam has a biphasic half life of sorts because it has an active metabolite that gives a second peak later on.

Responses to different benzos varies a lot, among individuals and sometimes even the same person can have varied responses to the same dose of the same drug at different times.

"How did you measure 0.25 mg, which is 250 MCG or two strong doses of LSD crystal weight smaller than a grain of sand, as that requires quite a scale or volumetric measuring..... I hope you didn't take 0.25 grams!"

*Accidentally deleted*

I missed that post.... On phone that also delete every time I edit