I would like to apply for a patent

fasteddie

Bluelighter
There are few things more depressing than seeing an idea you had patented by somebody else.

I had this happen, not long ago. SHIT.

I've got some other projects going on...is there any way of doing this, without using an attorney? Like some kind of template you fill in?

have you googles 'filing a patent'?

turns up lots of info on the matter.. do you live in the us?

yes it can be done- it is not a simple process. My father was a private engineer involved in the oil industry has 26 patents to his name, and has never used an attorney. However, each one was a very lengthy process, and almost always the first application of each patent would be sent back "denied" with the patent office stating some pre-existing patent. Then my father would have to file a disagreement and point out the differences between existing patents and his new one. At which point they could approve or deny again... etc...

There were a few of his patents where the back-and-forth exchange would go on for years. It can be very discouraging to the average person. My father had sort of a leg up in the fact that since he was an engineer and a draftsman, he could easily draw up his own technical drawings, and could write a book on the designs, specs, and differences from existing designs.

It can be done, but be prepared to do your own research and spend time dealing with the red tape.

I googled "Patent Template."

I hoped that there'd be some kind of "fill in the blanks" template available, that would make the process as painless as possible.

I thought perhaps I'd just throw it out and see what BL'ers could say off the top of their heads that might be helpful. I wasn't disappointed.

Thanks.:)

motorcyclist said:
yes it can be done- it is not a simple process. My father was a private engineer involved in the oil industry has 26 patents to his name, and has never used an attorney. However, each one was a very lengthy process, and almost always the first application of each patent would be sent back "denied" with the patent office stating some pre-existing patent. Then my father would have to file a disagreement and point out the differences between existing patents and his new one. At which point they could approve or deny again... etc...

There were a few of his patents where the back-and-forth exchange would go on for years. It can be very discouraging to the average person. My father had sort of a leg up in the fact that since he was an engineer and a draftsman, he could easily draw up his own technical drawings, and could write a book on the designs, specs, and differences from existing designs.

It can be done, but be prepared to do your own research and spend time dealing with the red tape.

Thank you, that is extremely helpful.

Last edited:
send me the info on what your wanting patened and ill take care of it