I want to close and delete my account but do not know how

Tryptamine*Dreamer

Ex-Bluelighter
Can someone please tell me how to do this? I looked in the FAQs and Wiki but could not find the answer.

try PMing a senior moderator and ask how to become an ex-bluelighter. Doubt you can delete your old posts. take care of yourself T*D

you can delete posts as long as the thread has not been closed.

of course - deleting 5,300 posts one by one would be torturous

BLUA said:
For personal reasons I need to cease all contact with the site and never return. How do I leave Bluelight?
Go to Settings (link in the top menu bar) and modify your profile to remove all personal details. While changing your profile, choose "No" to receiving all types of email messages. Review your thread subscriptions and be sure to unsubscribe from everything. That way you will not be contacted again about anything relating to Bluelight. Be sure to log out and remove all Bluelight-related bookmarks from your computer. Congratulations, you are no longer a Bluelighter.

But what about my posts? Can the administrators delete all of my posts for me?

No, we will not delete all of your posts. Everyone is free to manually delete or edit their own posts. It is the user's responsibility to take care of their own business. Do not expect the administrators to solve your problems for you. (In rare circumstances we will delete posts in closed threads, because you are unable to delete them yourself. But only if those posts are potentially incriminating or dangerous for you. And please, ask nicely; we're doing you a favour).

Why won't you delete my account for me?

Again, this is the user's responsibility. No one forced you to register and no one is forcing you to leave.

No, but you don't understand! This is an emergency!

Our experience has shown that most of these requests come in the middle of some, possibly drug-induced, moment of paranoia. If you're worried about what you've posted here, take some time away from the computer. Maybe it will seem like less of a problem the next day.