I.V vs I.M vs Subq administration of hydroxocobalamin

GrymReefer

Bluelight Crew
I'm about to head into work, but I wanted to put this thread up as a reminder to finish what I was working on. I'm interested in the nature of intravenous injection vs intramuscular vs subcutaneous with hydroxocobalamin and the associated bioavailability that is left once it is converted to methylcobalamin for metabolism. I wouldn't have an issue with daily or weekly I.V administration especially if I could find other vitamins that also have success with that ROA. I could just make myself my own little personal blend that could take the place of the useless daily multi-vitamin that I take out of habit.

I hope it does not require an uncomfortable gauge in terms of the needle because I'm not exactly looking forward to injections with a 16G needle.

Last edited:
I'm about to head into work, but I wanted to put this thread up as a reminder to finish what I was working on. I'm interested in the nature of intravenous injection vs intramuscular vs subcutaneous with hydroxocobalamin and the associated bioavailability that is left once it is converted to methylcobalamin for metabolism. I wouldn't have an issue with daily or weekly I.V administration especially if I could find other vitamins that also have success with that ROA. I could just make myself my own little personal blend that could take the place of the useless daily multi-vitamin that I take out of habit.

I hope it does not require an uncomfortable gauge in terms of the needle because I'm not exactly looking forward to injections with a 16G needle.

Apart from never advising IV administration of anything, you're looking for a depot administration so you can maintain a relatively stable blood level. When you IV, levels will drop precipitously from an absolute peak. For depot administration, I'd assume bioavailability would ultimately be higher on IM vs SubQ, however SubQ is likely to reduce the frequency of administration due to slower and more stable pharmacokinetics, hence SubQ being the generally preferred method.

Having said all that, I haven't looked into any specific research (of which undoubtedly there will be some) so I could be wrong!

If iv'ing anything, it should be thin as water/water based so it should flow through a 31g pin (it's what I used as a junkie). Otherwise you risk clogging capillaries and causing tissue necrosis like seen in the krokodil users in eastern Europe.

Just got off work. Let me compile everything and try to gather it up.

From my discoveries it is completely painless and requires no BA or solvent to facilitate the ease of intravenous administration. <--- That statement is referring to adenosylcobalamin. I actually did not know about this form and it is what methylcobalamin would convert to once metabolized.

Edit: I know it sounds crazy, but if it was possible I would IM, IV, SubQ every supplement I ever take or plan to take. I've mixed my HCG with hydroxocobalamin during cycle to get two birds stoned at once.

Last edited:
^^ I can't understand your rationale for contemplating IVing it though? Don't you want a steady phased release throughout the day?

^^ I can't understand your rationale for contemplating IVing it though? Don't you want a steady phased release throughout the day?
The rush of aspirating and seeing the scarlet plume rush into the barrel resembling a beautiful rose in bloom. Then watching it wilt in front of your eyes as you push the plunger... #junkiefantasy

The rush of aspirating and seeing the scarlet plume rush into the barrel resembling a beautiful rose in bloom. Then watching it wilt in front of your eyes as you push the plunger... #junkiefantasy

LOL. Gettin high on B12 =D

LOL. Gettin high on B12 =D
It's not the beautiful amber color of diamorphine lol. If I get terminal cancer I'm definitely moving to the UK lol.

I do agree with you CFC. Rapid peak and trough is not optimal for long lasting compounds.

Lol.

Actually having bothered to do a little reading, it has a 6-day half-life, so plasma levels would be relatively stable.

Lol.

Actually having bothered to do a little reading, it has a 6-day half-life, so plasma levels would be relatively stable.
So one could get away with once weekly injection? But what's its active life? Lots of drugs have long half lives but the effects/benefits aren't optimal during that entire time. From experience buprenorphine comes to mind. I believe it's a 72hr half life but I'd begin experiencing withdrawal within 24 hours. With Iv the onset of withdrawal was more rapid.

I'll leave Grym to answer that, he's been doing quite a bit of research. I'm almost a B12 virgin in comparison lol.

And I've had no carbs in 2 days... so reading is beyond me now LOL

Think of it like this also in terms of bio availbility and the prevention of inactivity due to various complex mechanisms.....

Cyanocobalamin is the least friendly analogue of B12. Conversion equation.. cyanocoblamin>methylcobalamin>adenosylcobalamin Everytime that metabolic conversion occured there was a percentage of the original threshold administered lost to inactivity/malabsorption/degredation.

Hydroxocobalamin is similar to cyanocobalamin in the conversion process (hydroxocobalamin>methylcobalamin>adenosylcobalamin) It is generally more positive than cyano due to its protein complex and the extended half life. Cyanocobalamin and hydroxocobalamin are both inactive until the enzymatic alteration occur.

Methylcobalamin is considered biologically active and is immediately working upon ingestion. However further down the line and a few chemical reactions later it contributes methionine which even fuuuurther down the line it contributes a methyl group to the equation and this leads to adensoyl. This leads you to adensoylcobalamin.

Adensoylcobalamin is a biologically active form and will no longer undergo any ezymatic processes associated with further structural alterations. It is the key contributor in the metabolic pathways associated with ATP production.

Food for thought if your like me and love to read anything slightly educational.....
http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/scdocs/doc/ans_ej815_vitamin_B12_op_en,0.pdf?ssbinary=true

So picking a analogue that has a more simplistic pharmacokinetics would be the smartest decision in intravenous administration of B12.

Also don't think of B12 as an esterized hormone or something that will inevitably reach its useless mark. The initial spike and subsequent stable serums are only one component. Your body stores B12 as well. The average adult can roughly hold 2mg-5mg of B12. At the most minimalist point of view it could theoretically provide a few years abet the last little bit isn't going to be pleasant!

Last edited:
I am still in the process of trying to acquire some of the mentioned analogues and I am going to try this experiment out. Maybe even look into a folic acid contribution as well seeing how they have been mentioned as a synergistic couple.

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT AN INTRAVENOUS INJECTION OF JUST ANY B12. IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS SUBJECT THEN INTRAMUSCULAR/SUBCUTANEOUS INJECTIONS CAN DO JUSTICE AS WELL. DON'T START SHOOTING RANDOM VITAMINS.

if you don't know anything about self administration besides sticking something in your mouth then your local physician generally provides the shots for you if you contact in advance. I wouldn't recommend oral administration. You would literally need 20x-30x the amount orally to match the active amount that was injected. This is due to the loss of potency and poor absorption due to the G.I tract and your body's first pass of digestion.

Last edited:
What's the consensus on vet grade injectable b complex? I can get it at local tractor supply/rural king for cheap

What's the consensus on vet grade injectable b complex? I can get it at local tractor supply/rural king for cheap

A complex refers to a blend of the eight B vitamins. B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12. I haven't done enough research to safely say injection via intravenous would be remotely safe. Also the dosages for the individual vitamins are usually not within the range that many would desire in terms of performance enhancing nutrition.

However if it states on the packaging that its used for IM/subq injections on animals then you can use your own discretion and tell us how it goes! I know there are B complex injectables out there, but haven't made an effort to acquire them. I'm always at an impasse when it comes to vet grade pharmaceuticals. I mean yea they are created in a legitimate lab that had legitimate instruments, but is it really the same? Then again I've injected plenty of ketamine and technically that was "vet grade".

Last edited:
It says "sterile for injection. Veterinary use only". Hell I don't want to be human anyway, I wanna be an animal! It's intended for IM in horses the kind that's available for me. My ex was studying vet. Medicine but said she wouldn't write me scripts for my horse for Winstrol or boldenone :( deal breaker. Probably would help if I had a horse too lol. Though if I would've stayed with her and she did become a dvm, she said she'd do my blood work for free lol.

Ahhh the classic "Well my pet gerbil needs a order written for 120 finaplix-H tablets! What do you mean that seems a little unnecessary?"

If I were you I would rekindle that flame and begin a rescue farm for horses with "holistic" needs. Perfect front.

Last edited:
FINALLY found something that could possibly correlate to the original theoretical premise of a cocktail of nutrients that were biologically viable for intravenous usage. IV nutrient Therapy It is a little old, but still an example that I'm not the only nutbag thinking that using IV ROA is just soo crazy i couldn't believe it wouldn't work. However what I don't like is the reference to using a 25G butterfly needle and administering the dose over a period of 5-15 minutes. It is a IV bag besides using a 3CC needle or smaller. I guess you could load your most desired substances into 2-3 different 1ml needles and IV in different locations. What I don't know completely is the threshold for too much piercing of the vascular system. Even if sterility was maintained perfectly would a collapse be inevitable?

I'm thinking of what I mentioned in a earlier thread about oxandrolone injections. If you were to make an oil based depot for IM and besides injecting the whole volume into one section split the dosage amongst 3-4 locations. This would maximize the interaction with cells for absorption. You still run into a fixed rate at the areas, but 3-4 areas all within the same rate will administer the compound faster.

The study though did remind me slightly of a snake medicine-esque trials. I don't know, but I was merely looking towards the fact the someone else has also thought of blending multiple compounds together. Did you guys catch that vibe at all?

"Some women experience a sensation of sexual pleasure
association with the vaginal warmth; on rare
<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Because of my duty as a clandestine researcher I have to test the validity of that statement. A side effect being a spontaneous orgasm?
occasions, an orgasm may occur during an IV infusion." Definitely a convincing argument to go ahead with the experiment..

Last edited: