• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment I think heroin killed my Testosterone

wirkdy

Bluelighter
So I've been taking heroin (snorted) and opioids for almost 2 years, I stopped since like almost a month, I'm heavely debilitated, very low energy, I stay on the couch all day, actually I started doing some exercises but that's it, I believe that long-lasting depression and heroin killed my testosterone which maybe wasn't high even before all this.

What can I do in thise case? Would taking a light cycle of the right steroids (which ones?) help? What else could I do? thx

You can get your T tested, and while it may be that your H use has contributed to lowering your Testosterone, if you discontinue using it, it may just be a problem that takes care of itself. But I would see a PCP, discuss why you believe there may be a T related issue going on (and obviously you don't have to mention H unless you feel you want/need to), and he can send you to a lab to get your T levels checked. Opiate use can certainly suppress/limit libido as well, which may not be related to your T numbers. It is not uncommon for regular users of opiates to have a radically reduced sex drive. I know that's not all the question is about, but worth noting.

yeah I know about the libido, was nice when it was absent during heroin use, that's not the issue now though.

Many drugs also result in an increase in kappa opioid (dynorphin) signaling. Kappa agonist produces anhedonia as well as mu antagonism

Removal of a long sustained mu agonist that was adapted to is similar to mu antagonism in that there is less mu signaling

Lol it's ever single one of us has had this issue. Right at first opioids, stimulants, alcohol, they can intensify sexual gratification. But everyone around the two year mark loses your libido.

So most human brains are trained to interpret cues of pleasure and reward. Using drugs to short circuit pleasure receptors to release endorphins unnaturally over time hurts the brains ability to release endorphins naturally through command prompts like, eating, sex, sleep.

Also phisical side effects like chronic low blood pressure, low blood sugar, vitamin deficiency can effectively dissolve any sex drive as well.

It's kinda like we all get depressed after long time drug use. The only way to reset those connectors is to stop use for a long time.

You will return to normal, but it may take a while to rest your mind. You used for a couple years. Might take that long to return to normal.

I was back to normal after about 2 years of being clean from a 6 year binge.

So I've been taking heroin (snorted) and opioids for almost 2 years, I stopped since like almost a month, I'm heavely debilitated, very low energy, I stay on the couch all day, actually I started doing some exercises but that's it, I believe that long-lasting depression and heroin killed my testosterone which maybe wasn't high even before all this.

What can I do in thise case? Would taking a light cycle of the right steroids (which ones?) help? What else could I do? thx

Get bloods done if you think this. Do NOT hop on juice thinking that will help or your just setting yourself up for a steroid addiction which will likely effect your long term health.

Are you eating and sleeping properly? Anytime i relapse even now it takes me a week to get back to any exercise at all and probably a month to regain any kind of fitness. If you are still experiencing any withdrawal effect you won't be able to train and make progress anyway, as things like appetite and sleep will still be off.

I feel weed does this to me but I use other substances on binges with it simply getting sloshed definitely lowers it need to find the balance like then I spike it and don't stay up there just go bananas and it drops off like a rollercoaster

It is great you stopped I can recommend He Shou Wu to build testosterone naturally among other herbs there's one to check out for starters also supports dopamine