• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I should have posted this here. Stimulant help please.

ZombieBlood1982

Bluelighter
Hey everyone hope you are all as well as possible when reading this. I have GAD, Depression as well as chronic fatigue syndrome.
I am also a substance abused hence dual diagnosed.
I was doing so well with my mental health and recovery. I do wake up though with anxiety. It goes away and out of know where during the day I just close my eyes and crash out. Like I said I was doing so well. Anxiety as well as recovery. Starting to exercise and feel so much better. Things I haven’t done for years. Basic shiz like walking around the block and hitting up the treadmill. I relapsed and started taking Modafinil. I caught myself and that’s when I started feeling great. I was off everything accept what is prescribed and took it as directed. Realized the Modafinil even taken as prescribed is not right for me to do considering I abused it and would still want another even though I didn’t take it. Got rid of them. As far as my chronic fatigue ( that’s what the Modafinil was prescribed for ) figure it was safer then the Adderall I abused for years.

Recently I started looking up natural supplements for anxiety. Went to a couple vitamin stores and I tried some natural energy supplements. No luck as far as my chronic fatigue. Again I was doing well and nothing I was taking was hurting me.
I started looking up nootropics. I found phenylpiracetam. I figure considering it worked it was the answer. I’ve been taking it on and off for about a month now. Within this last month my anxiety has became horrible again. I have stopped working out when I was on a roll, I began isolating.

Everything I’ve read about this stuff says it’s safe and it helps anxiety. Etc. I took and have been taking more then directed. Then wait for more & repeat. In a month as my anxiety has gotten worse it’s the same timeline as I started taking this nootropic. I have nothing bad to say as far as it for people who can take it as directed, but would you say it’s safe to say that this is what has brought my anxiety back out and made it really bad again ? I’ve obviously decided to not take it anymore. I really feel daft because although I was taking more then prescribed I wasn’t taking it for recreational use. I’m just trying to make sure my assumption is right. I should not be taking a stimulant even if it’s legal, with an anxiety disorder that’s made me file for disability as well as a substance abuse problem. I’m finished taking it. Can I assume it’s these pills ? Regardless of how it’s so talked up everywhere you look ?

It does sort of sound like stimulants are going to be an issue for you. It is good that you recognize this and are willing to do something about it.

Anxiety sucks. Ever taken kratom or kava?
I actually take Bali. It’s never given me any recreational feelings. Just has pretty much alleviated so much anxiety. At first it would work immediately. Now it isn’t affective. Tried different strains etc. It’s not my tolerance either. All of a sudden it’s like it works 50% instead of 100. I’ll sort this out. I just know there’s more I can do. Just not sure what.

I sound like a broken record, but I got a hold on my nasty anxiety through diet and to a lesser extent exercise. I’d still probably be living in my parents house or on the street if I hadn’t figured it out. Sugar was what fucked me up, once I cut it out I got a lot better very quickly. Just cutting it out isn’t easy and you gotta read labels religiously.

-GC

This is where I have no excuse for even complaining. As far as the routine I have been procrastinating for so long on. I started cardio and it actually stopped once my anxiety got really bad with these nootropics. Part of my plan though. Structure and Cardio, ( diet too )
Every response is helping me with a huge decision as far as this nootropic. I’m debating on if I take it as directed will it help or make things worse. Haven’t taken as directed. ( it’s a legal drug ) not hard to throw away or decide how much you want to take. I know too much brought back my anxiety. Not sure if phenylpiracetam will be a blessing in disguise or something that will not help. I have my delivery today and it’s either throw me away or take as directed. Didn’t try taking as directed. Thank you though.

I sound like a broken record, but I got a hold on my nasty anxiety through diet and to a lesser extent exercise. I’d still probably be living in my parents house or on the street if I hadn’t figured it out. Sugar was what fucked me up, once I cut it out I got a lot better very quickly. Just cutting it out isn’t easy and you gotta read labels religiously.

-GC
Yeah I completely cut out sugar. Basically my anxiety was under control. I am tired all day almost. Naps on and off. It’s me deciding if I should try a potentially helpful medication as directed and see if it helps or get rid of it completely. I wasn’t taking them as prescribed. I was taking them like skittles. The high dose helps me 700mgs but I would keep taking them. Doesn’t give anymore benefits if I take 6 or 600. So I’m confused it I should give it a go ( I mean 100% as the label says ) or just get rid of my delivery. I wish I’d have just taken them as prescribed from the beginning, but that’s the addict part of me that came out. Totally capable of taking them as labeled though. i do procrastinate big time. I was just moving forward until I had this little relapse I guess I can call it.

if your anxiety symptoms are tracking your use of this nootropic then you're probably bang on. i'm not sure what sort of sites sell these (and am not asking lol) but i don't know how you'd tell if you even got what you thought you did, might have been something entirely different. taking more than directed won't be helping either.

i personally am wary of reaching for an unresearched drug to treat and chronic problem. its better to try things like suggested in this thread, diet and exercise and meditation. i do take meds for a chronic mental health problem so i'm not saying never do it, i couldn't function without mine, but its supervised by a doctor and sertraline is not addictive/has no abuse potential.

I get what you’re saying. It’s considered a smart drug called phenylpiracetam. I’ve ordered it multiple times. It was on Amazon for a while. I know your not asking I’m just saying maybe someone has heard of it. Immediately the day It came, I took more then directed. Considering it’s not a bad comedown like when I was abusing Adderall and Stimulants it was pure hell when I came down. I’d do anything to kill time and continuously feel guild. Remorse and the anxiety. I don’t know how I continued using it for so long knowing that was going to happen.
Now I’m doing whatever it takes to become healthy and never live a lifestyle like that again. It’s just insane how something legal in every state ( USA ) even Kratom is banned in a lot of areas. I just didn’t ( as much as this sounds like an excuse) I didn’t out the pieces to the puzzle together. It was just switching to something legal and abusing it. All over the internet it’s so hard for me to find anything negative about it. I mean literally it claims to help with anxiety and depression. I’m sure it does if it’s not abused. My last shipment came today. I plan to maybe take it as directed ( no urges like the addys ) to take more etc. So maybe it will help granted I take the right directions on it. If I’m not better in a few days anxiety wise then I’m going to just get rid of the rest. I got rid of some earlier.
Time to focus on getting healthy. I want to live. I’m going to start learning a lot more about what I’m taking. Serotonin and Dopamine are just 2 out of 40 neurotransmitters I want to become familiar with. I don’t know the rules here or if I can post a link. I found some great information on dual diagnosis dot something today.
I think earlier I was in the state of panic writing this considering I really didn’t know or put 2 and 2 together as far as the timeline. I should have realized I was messing with my dopamine. I didn’t take it every day. I’m sure it fluctuated. I still believe there are safe nootropics that can help with keeping me awake and not euphoric as well as nootropics BESIDES Phenibut ( quitting Phenibut is like reading a horror story on Reddit ) I won’t even mess with that. A year ago today I’d have ordered it to try it. Kratom is honestly a miracle. The positives outweigh the negatives. This so called smart drug only time will tell.
thank you guys for the feedback and I’m not going to stop fighting until I’m dead.

Cardio is the best option, along with an improved diet and drinking lots of water. Since you are seeing a doctor, if anxiety is debilitating to the point you cannot function in daily life, I would go for benzos or atypical antipsychotics like Seroquel first. Kratom, outside of being illegal, is addictive, impossible to dose, and is not studied particularly well. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it is adulterated with fentanyl. If you're going to jump on the addiction train, I'd rather it be Valium from the pharmacy. 60 years of clinical research is hard to beat. Seroquel also helps quite a bit with the place preference problems of long-term methamphetamine abuse. If you were buying black market Adderall, chances are it was methamphetamine. Adderall was specifically designed to reduce abuse potential by including levoamphetamine, which causes anxiety at all doses, but which is intolerable at high doses. It's a very difficult drug to abuse long-term.

I would avoid all supplements, other than vitamins. Remember that moving on from stimulants isn't just about the addiction, by the cardiovascular problems that can often be reversed with lifestyle changes and abstinence. Introduction of black or gray market drugs/supplements/nootropics is a bad idea. Modafanil is a popular choice for stimulant recovery. If that isn't working for you, prescription tranquilizers are probably best.

Hey everyone hope you are all as well as possible when reading this. I have GAD, Depression as well as chronic fatigue syndrome.
I am also a substance abused hence dual diagnosed.
I was doing so well with my mental health and recovery. I do wake up though with anxiety. It goes away and out of know where during the day I just close my eyes and crash out. Like I said I was doing so well. Anxiety as well as recovery. Starting to exercise and feel so much better. Things I haven’t done for years. Basic shiz like walking around the block and hitting up the treadmill. I relapsed and started taking Modafinil. I caught myself and that’s when I started feeling great. I was off everything accept what is prescribed and took it as directed. Realized the Modafinil even taken as prescribed is not right for me to do considering I abused it and would still want another even though I didn’t take it. Got rid of them. As far as my chronic fatigue ( that’s what the Modafinil was prescribed for ) figure it was safer then the Adderall I abused for years.

Recently I started looking up natural supplements for anxiety. Went to a couple vitamin stores and I tried some natural energy supplements. No luck as far as my chronic fatigue. Again I was doing well and nothing I was taking was hurting me.
I started looking up nootropics. I found phenylpiracetam. I figure considering it worked it was the answer. I’ve been taking it on and off for about a month now. Within this last month my anxiety has became horrible again. I have stopped working out when I was on a roll, I began isolating.

Everything I’ve read about this stuff says it’s safe and it helps anxiety. Etc. I took and have been taking more then directed. Then wait for more & repeat. In a month as my anxiety has gotten worse it’s the same timeline as I started taking this nootropic. I have nothing bad to say as far as it for people who can take it as directed, but would you say it’s safe to say that this is what has brought my anxiety back out and made it really bad again ? I’ve obviously decided to not take it anymore. I really feel daft because although I was taking more then prescribed I wasn’t taking it for recreational use. I’m just trying to make sure my assumption is right. I should not be taking a stimulant even if it’s legal, with an anxiety disorder that’s made me file for disability as well as a substance abuse problem. I’m finished taking it. Can I assume it’s these pills ? Regardless of how it’s so talked up everywhere you look ?
Taking anything like stimulants that raise your heart rate and blood pressure is never good for someone with anxiety. Its really a lose lose because you have chronic fatigue but the meds you take for it increase your anxiety and anything you take for anxiety will make you sleepy, It sucks....i know because im in the same boat :(

Learning about stuff you find interesting helps with anxiety

Mmm... Idk, knowing load your mind, for instance knowing what's going on with the world can be stressfull... Ignorance is blessed and unforgivable..
It's only stressful for sheeps that can't put their smartphone down for more than 5 minutes

For real though I was mostly referring to myself

I love learning about technology, software, & hacktivism. Helps keep me busy and avoid consuming abusive amounts of GABA drugs until I develop epilepsy