• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment I really want to start a helpline/email type of setup

exjunky

Greenlighter
I've been trying to come up with a way to start a type of help line but by email mainly and more than likely only. The idea is basically for a listing to be created of emails for people recovering or trying to recover to contact if they need someone to talk to or help in non life threatening/non emergency situations. If anybody has any ideas I'd really appreciate hearing any thoughts on the idea (and right now that's all it is)

Yea thats basically what they give people on their first meetings.

Having done residential, php, and 2nd round of iop (3rd ever) i was thinking of making a thread with my "weekly assignments" so people can see what it entails, follow along, try their shit themselves on the threads.

I've been trying to come up with a way to start a type of help line but by email mainly and more than likely only. The idea is basically for a listing to be created of emails for people recovering or trying to recover to contact if they need someone to talk to or help in non life threatening/non emergency situations. If anybody has any ideas I'd really appreciate hearing any thoughts on the idea (and right now that's all it is)

Why not gain some experience volunteering for a warm/help line somewhere? They should have multiple ones in every major city.

Finding one in your area and signing up. They are pretty easy to find :)

I'm sure there are many in Vegas, and I'm sure they'd all appreciate a volunteer.

Only thing is, places will probably be looking for some kind of commitment (which is actually good for you and them both), so expect to do it regularly (since it's just the phone they can redirect it to your number so it's not like office work or whatever).

Duckduckgo (or google) "warm line" and the name of your city together and you should get useful results.