• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine I preferred the “Cocaine I thought I was getting

Hitman1977

Bluelighter
Back in 2002 was when it started for me . Until then cocaine never interested me , I was just into alcohol .
anyway I met the wife and thought I’d give it a go . I used to love picking up my 3 halves on a Friday night and coming home to a full fridge of alcohol .

we’d have a few beers first then indulge in the first line , that first line of a session ... wow . I loved the openness that came In conversations about sex and fantasies , this cocaine went on every other week for a year .
Anyway a few years later and my mate started knocking coke out , this coke was flake , pure fish scale . This cocaine made me more chilled out and gone was the none stop talking about utter shite ...

I think I preferred the more danced on stuff which woke me up and made me talk utter bollocks ... is anyone with me on this. ?

The thing with coke is you never get back to the first few highs no matter how long you quit or how much better your product is, that's my experience anyway.

The thing with coke is you never get back to the first few highs no matter how long you quit or how much better your product is, that's my experience anyway.
Replenish your neurotransmitters with the use of L-Tyrosine and 5-HTP. Repair your downregulated receptors using secondary messenger supplement's like Myo-Inositol. Take natural NMDA antagonists everyday (Magnesium, Zinc..... etc). Exercise and eat a healthy balanced diet.

It can take up to 2 years for the brain to replace synaptic systems that are beyond repair. But they'll do a far better job of replacing them if you take care of yourself within that time period.

Some people kick the habit for a couple of years... live like complete crap. Then wonder why they didn't get that initial feeling back again when they go back to it.

The brain will always attempt to repair or replace the damage. But the actions you take throughout that time will influence just how well it repairs or replaces the damage. The more you do to aid it throughout that time, the more likely you are to get that first time feeling again.

I'm not totally sure about the viability of this as a true Harm Reduction thread. It's more just a matter of opinion and nobody is in imminent danger. I think it might be worth discussing some of the differences between cut and more pure Cocaine, so we can leave it open!

That doesn't even mean anything
Receptors don't need to be burnt out permanently. They can be rebuilt and reinforced. The misery a person experiences for the rest of their life after quitting a long term stimulant habit, doesn't have to last the rest of their lives. All synaptic systems eventually die off and are replaced, drug use or not. They simply die off quicker than the brain can replace them with drug abuse. But you can greatly speed up the replacement process if you know what you're doing.

The brain you have right now is 100% different to the one you had a decade ago. Right down to every last cell.

Receptors don't need to be burnt out permanently.
Yes, because receptors don't get "burnt out", because that doesn't mean anything.
With the exception of potential neurotoxicity (which btw, IS permanent), drug use/fast food/masturbation/whatever doesn't "burn out" receptor, it downregulates the amount of them. Stop spreading oversimplified pseudoscientific misinformation

Yes, because receptors don't get "burnt out", because that doesn't mean anything.
With the exception of potential neurotoxicity (which btw, IS permanent), drug use/fast food/masturbation/whatever doesn't "burn out" receptor, it downregulates the amount of them. Stop spreading oversimplified pseudoscientific misinformation
But hold on. You told me that repairing downregulated receptors doesn't mean anything. So were you just making a joke? Or is "upregulation" a term you've yet to come across?

And you're incorrect. Receptors can and do get "burnt out". A burnt out receptor isn't the same as a downregulated one. You can think of a receptor like a light bulb with different dimmer settings. A downregulated receptor is like a dimmed light bulb. It still works, but it's not lighting up as brightly as it's capable of. It becomes de-sensitized to the binding neurotransmitters. A burnt out receptor is a light bulb that's completely blown, due to excess activation. Like when you turn a light bulb on and off over and over again in excess. Causing it to blow far sooner than it's estimated life expectancy. And just like with all light bulbs, all receptors have a limited life span and blow out eventually. The average life span of a healthy non-illicit drug activated receptor (funnily enough) is about 2 years, as you would expect from an average light bulb. And just like when a light bulb blows, it has to be replaced and that's what the brain does. But under normal circumstances, it takes the brain around 2 years to generate new receptors, because that's how long the brain expects them to last. If you burn out receptors too quickly however, you don't have to wait for them to be replaced this long. There are supplement's that act as secondary messenger systems between neuron cells. It helps them to communicate with one another far more effectively. If you take these supplement's and a post-synaptic neuron cell has burnt out receptors on it's outer membrane, a healthy functioning post-synaptic neuron will communicate with the damaged neuron, then alert the brains own natural repair system of the damage, thus calling it into action to replace the damaged post-synaptic neuron cell far sooner than it otherwise would have done, without this boost in communication between the cells.

Also, neurotoxicity is shown to be temporary in approximately 60% of all cases. Although I see no reason for it's persistence to be necessary in the other 40% of cases when the brain is completely capable of replacing the damaged cells through the use of cell communication boosters.

But hold on. You told me that repairing downregulated receptors doesn't mean anything. So were you just making a joke? Or is "upregulation" a term you've yet to come across?
No, but there isn't a need to "do" anything, since the brain upregulates those receptors to an amount set by genetics on its own, no need to "repair" anything.

As for your lightbulb analogy, well, just because you can say "receptors are like lightbulbs", that doesn't mean that they are. And BTW, receptor efficacy is not mediated by any inherent "quality" of the receptor, but by the agonist which binds to it.
There are supplement's that act as secondary messenger systems between neuron cells
Yeah sure there are, if you wanna buy 25mg of cAMP on for 40 bucks on SigmaAldrich. Oh, you mean some essential oil-type shit? No thanks.
thus calling it into action to replace the damaged post-synaptic neuron cell far sooner than it otherwise would have done, without this boost in communication between the cells.
But even assuming that there would be something you could take that would work, do you have any sources for this?

Also, neurotoxicity is shown to be temporary in approximately 60% of all cases.
Sources?