• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I need some advice

Iwantmylifeback22

Greenlighter
I don?t need anyone lecturing me or telling me that I need to take Suboxone longer. I have an 8mg Suboxone pill and I plan on using just the 8mg pill to come off Oxycodone. I only used 2mg last time to make it through the withdrawals, but I was an idiot and went back to doing Oxycodone. This time I have a good support group around me and let everyone know what I?m about to do. My brother even quit doing Oxycodone 4 days ago and together were going to make it through this. I?ve gotten to 90-120mg of Oxycodone a day and I have used Suboxone before to get off of Oxycodone. My question is, is that I?ve taken 2mg of a Suboxone pill before 14 hours after my last dose of Oxycodone and I never went into precipitated w/d. I was taking the same exact dosage of 90-120mg too when I did it. If I were to do the same thing and wait 14 hours after my last dose of Oxycodone and take a 2mg Suboxone will it work like the last time I did it? Or will it send me into precipitated w/d?

Iwant:

i doubt youll get any lectures about about staying on suboxone longer around here. I have no experience with subs but no doubt someone will come along shortly to give you first hand knowledge. I’ve read many success stories where people have gotten off of short acting opiates with a surprisingly small amount of subs.

I would think that that if you were able to induct (is that the right word for it?) 14 hours after taking oxy last time, the same thing should work again. That being said, have you checked out the COWS scale? That helps you determine where you are at based on how you feel.

Best of Luck!

- VE

Vast:

Thanks for the reply! And yeah blue light is usually good about not lecturing, but it?s like you have to address it, because there?s always some people. And yeah that?s what I thought with short acting opiates. I feel like with my metabolism I go through withdrawals so quick. Like even 8 hours after my last dose I start feeling effects. I have heard of the COWS scale and last time I wasn?t even close to a 26 on the scale and took it. I was maybe at an 18-20. I had just got to the point where I was about to get serious chills and I took it. I had chills, but they weren?t really bad. I?ll try and go a little longer this time and stick it out just a little more. I did have a slight headache after taking the sub. But that was it. I felt normal again after taking it. As if I were never on opiates at all in my life. I took my last dose of oxy like 2 hours ago so I?ll go to sleep and then wake up and it?ll already be at the 11 hour mark. Then I?ll just tough it out until the chills get bad and take it. I was just so scared from hearing all the stories people say about precipitated w/d. Again thanks for the feedback.

As a general rule, people seem to do better utilizing an extended detox (six months of ORT) than just using it to help manage an acute detox.

Have you ever tied formal treatment OP? What is keeping you from utilizing ORT?

With precipitated withdrawal, we can't really tell you precisely if X amount of time will be enough to avoid it. The best way to manage it is to wait until you're in full-blown withdrawal (relying on physiological symptoms over psychological ones to gauge this) and then induct. For a short acting full agonist like oxycodone, this is around about 24hrs (some people can get away with inducting sooner, others have to wait longer).