• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment I need some advice on my taper

wolf359loki

Bluelighter
Hello.
So I have been reading stuff here for the past few weeks and using a lot of it to build my plan and gather what I will need to detox and get off opiods in January.

What I would like to know is what would the best RX to use for a taper? I currently am using dilaudid and am at 4 x 4mg a day or so. This has been a hard process and I have been feeling some WD dropping to this level. I want the best chance to get past the WD and I need to know what other people have used. This

Thank you for your advice

In terms of any Rx?

Buprenorphine or methadone is your best bet. One of those (NOT both) and clonidine (0.2mg 2x/day), gabapentin (800mg 3-4x/day), diazepam (10mg 2x/day) and some non-habit forming sleeping aid that you can keep using after the acute withdrawal is over.

Acute withdrawal from hydromorphone should only last about a week, so if you're just interested in detoxing the above meds are what you'd benefit from in terms of prescriptions.

Thank you very much. Yes I was looking for the best possible Rx to use. That is a lot of medicine to ask my Dr for. I have never been given anything close to that sort of things. Do you know if there are online pharmacies I might be able to get those?

The strongest sleeping aide I have ever been perecribe was some imovaine. Those were good but they sucked when you try and not take them. The insomnia from even a 3 day script is tough. Anyway I had to start my detoxing today as I ran out of pills and have told my guys who I buy from that I am going to try and quit the daily shit show. They also have a line on some suboxone so I hope by the time I am deep into the WD they should come through for me. I hope so at least.

It is tough to get the suboxone on the street because everyone who is on it must take it at the pharmacy every day. So the most some can get are a single take home dose. This means the guys who sell it only have partial dosage to sell for a premium of course. I wish they had put more of the naloxone in them so people couldn't get high from them. Make it a lot easier for someone who wants to quite a bit of a chance.

Anyway I have managed to get down to only 3 x 4mg dilly. That was tough to to be honest. I hope this time I can make it 6 months of being clean and sober. I never did much in the way of drugs growing up. Not even booze was interesting to me. So this habit is tough to get over it.

I know I can do difficult things so now this is my best challenge in life to get past.

I will be here lots over the next few days. To keep my mind busy and hope for the best.

Thanks for the help.

Gl man, I'm pulling for ya. You've got to really, really want it. No matter which route you take, it's not an easy path, but taking sub for 3-5 days will make the crawling on the floor part of it, not happen. After the acute stage, it's building up strength, taking vitamins, protein shakes, L- tyrosine, and most importantly exercising/walks. I did 8mg (split into two doses) on day 1, 2.5mg on day 2, 1.25 on day 3, then i jumped. I probably should of taken .5mg on day 4, but at the time i didn't think i needed it, i felt ok and wanted this over with. Whichever route you take, stick to it, there is light at the end of the tunnel, gl.

So I am getting close to the 48 hour mark. I am not positive that the Suboxone is making this pretty east compared to previous WD. So far it is insomnia as the biggest pain.

I have been sticking to my plan too. My son is with grandma for a few days and I hope to stick this out.
I haven't had tomicromuch of it, but I am using every trick I could find to increase the Bio availability. The alcohol mouth rinses has been great.

The first step was to wait as long as I could before my first dose. I broke up my 10 pills and carefully weighted it out and split the suboxone up. It was about 2am I took about half the tablet and surprisingly it wasn't that bad of a taste. It took a bit of time but that old familiar feeling of you WD moving away. Except not as much as normally get.

The next thig I did was take a nice long and hot shower. That helped lots. After an hour or so part two of my plan went into effect. Like I mentioned before I made some gelatin capsules of various thing. Mostly health stuff like vitamins and stuff. Nothing but OTC. It also contained 4 blotters of LSD. I was not sure how that was going to go, but wow. It has made all the bordem go away. Also time started to fly. Might also be the reason I am still awake. Hahahaha.

LSD is not something to be taken lightly. I have used it a lot in my 20 (nearly 50 now). And after that maybe once or twice a year. I don't mind the hallucinations and wow. I was tripping wonderfully.

I am going to try to sleep soon. I have some more special capsules for the weekend. A few more with micro dose that I may use next week if necessary. Also got some Magic mushrooms too. Those are great to make your body feel better too.

I will check in again later or in the morning.

Thanks everyone