• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I need it and i need it now

athanasia29

Greenlighter
I used to be addicted to benzos and dabbled with opiates like vicodin and oxycodone, but benzos became boring and after being sober for a couple of months, my parents lock up all the prescription drugs, I found a bag on the kitchen counter with assorted pills, mostly for heart disease, but in it was about 30 or so 5mg oxycodones. I figured it was leftover from my deceased grandmother's house as we were cleaning it out, and I took all the oxys. Well, a week as gone by and all have been snorted and I am left high and dry. What the hell do I do? I don't know anyone who sells pills and my dealer only has weed and coke. I've never done coke, but for $100 a gram is it worth buying to keep from going over the edge? Edit: I was guessing around 30 pills but I was taking between 25-45mg a day with alcohol also I mean over the edge in that I have bipolar disorder and my meds don't work but pills make me feel less suicidal

Last edited:
You took 150mg over a week. How much was your daily dose? And coke, probably not a great idea.

Cole will pretty much only make cravings worse and hamper your decision making even more and as it was only 150mgs you won't be going through pretty much any withdrawals at all except for drug cravings and anxiety. Also coming down from come will lead you to have even more anxiety.

Are you planning on staying sober?

?? Going over the edge? You took, as kittycat says, 150 mg. over 7 days. That's less than 25 mg/day average. Why would you "go over the edge?" You have no previous opiate dependency, so you're not going to go through some killer opiate withdrawal. Maybe you'll feel a bit cranky and down for a day or two. But you'll be ok, you're not going to be curled up in a ball in wd hell

Coke? That's the complete opposite of opiates. People use opiates to come down from coke. Not the other way around. All coke is going to do is exacerbate the mild symptoms of stopping opiates. You would feel amped but then paranoid/jumpy/edgy. Not a great way to replace an opiate feeling.

Best thing? Stay hydrated, get some rest, a little caffeine if you are sleepy. You won't need more, you haven't taken much or for long

I would just buy some weed if you want something and leave the opiates alone. You might really want some now but you arent dependent and won't have withdrawls after small doses over one week. What do you mean going over the edge exactly?

Coke is like the complete opposite of opiates so you'll have fun but not feel anywhere near where you have and you'll come down from that quickly and want more.

Smoke some weed and stay away from the opiates unless you want to end up addicted, they don't stay fun/nice for long.

coke defiantly will make it harder to stop, you cant trade an addiction for an addiction, ya know?

The OP is referring to going "over the edge", with his/her suicidal tendencies with bipolar.. If your meds aren't working, tell you doctor about it, they dont call it practicing medicine for nothing.

- Hopeless 7nos

I don't understand whether your desperate because your depressed or because you're now going through opiate withdrawal? Either way, cocaine is a horrible idea. One of the worst experiences of my life was taking a huge hit of crack when I was withdrawing from heroin. Actually I did that several times, but the point is that I always regretted it to the point where I think I'd now rather die then have to feel that shitty again. I'm going to move this to BDD, although it seems this might be more suitable for MH or a blog post...

You are fine! Just stop! Not like you will withdraw. Suck it up. Game over

Now you've edited it makes more sense. I would go and see your dr asap and sort out your meds. I know it seems so much easier / more attractive to self medicate but it always ends up badly for me. I am ALWAYS suicidal whilst detoxing, don't let yourself go there. And coming down from coke or any upper is only just going mess with your head even more.

So easy for me to say when i self medicated for years and still do, but I lost that opiate feeling years ago and I am stuck on a large dose of suboxone, benzos no longer work, I nearly lost everything.

My psych meds never worked either and it was way easier to self medicate than keep chasing up the drs but I wish I had gotten my mental health sorted out a long time ago with both therapy and the right medication. Good luck to you.

Do yourself a massive favour and get away from opiate dependency now, while you can.
There is quite possibly a world of hell awaiting you if you don't, so just consider yourself as having dodged a bullet.

Coke will not improve your mental health, more likely it will exacerbate your problems, or create a whole load of new problems, so don't go there.

You can then focus on your mental health by sorting out the right medication for you, through a good doctor.

This is the best and safest advice I can offer you - be good to yourself and get the right help you need to live a life you can enjoy without risking the misery of addiction.

If you have a pretty addicting personality, and it sounds like you do (since you took 120 mg in a week and are so intent on getting more that you're asking the internet), then I would look into kratom. Legal in most countries, and its a relatively soft drug that can have some of those hard effects you're looking for. As a disclaimer, I will say, kratom addiction can get pretty serious, physically and mentally. But hey, pick the lesser of two evils. I would love to say "don't bother tracking down/looking for a dealer," but I know from experience that you're not going to listen to anyone. Check out kratom.