• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids I need ideas about pain management and dependence management

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
Here’s my situation:
Two years ago, Kratom pulled me out of the early addiction cycle of running out early and looking for more medicine early and thankfully the medical community didn’t catch on because I get honest migraines as well so they figured my issues were migraine management related. I have cerebral palsy and use a wheelchair. I have a hip out of place hence the pain killers. Now, I am moving from Santa Barbara to Riverside ( although I have actually lived in Riverside since 2018 but I am officially moving all of my medical stuff over now because I am no longer taking enough credits to be an official student and leave my official address at dad’s house. Also mom just retired and I lost her insurance as did she. So, I only have medi-cal and SSI with an SSA application in the mix.
They say it takes 45 days from when they receive the request to switch counties for the switch to kick in. I’m on my last Rx of Percocet now and I have been out ( nearly I have 2 pills left) and on Kratom only for a week and I have another week before I am supposed to be out. The major issues are: Kratom is not dealing with the hip pain ( barely good for withdrawals) and I’m fairly certain that it’s been triggering daily migraines. Oh and only God knows when Medi-cal will get around to changing my managed plan to Riverside county so I can pick a PCP over here( I know when I sent the request but 45 days after they get it... could be Christmas of 2030 for all I know). I can’t keep getting these daily headaches and I can’t keep having sleep issues because of hip pain. I’m literally not functioning right now. Like nothing has gotten done on my 2 independent study classes, I didn’t do my own grocery shopping this week, I even skipped online church last Sunday.
My options as I see them are:
1. Wait until the 20th when my medicine is due and try going to ER which I have not been in since September of 2018.
2. Try to find a doctor here who will see me as a cash patient after my medicine is due since I don’t have anything but emergency insurance for this county.
3. Go to a methadone clinic and just say what they want to hear to get away from the Kratom and the headaches it’s causing.
4. Not really an option because my wheelchair doesn’t fit into my parents house and I then have a very painful experience of crawling on their floor like the small child I am not, but I could go to dad’s house and go to an assigned dr who I have never seen before and hope they are nice but if they aren’t I just went through a huge trip home, and leaving my chair in the backyard etc for nothing. It worked when I was a kid but leaving the chair on the patio and spending a night crawling around and pulling up on things now... torture. True I put up with it for two years to keep my dr but now she doesn’t take my insurance and my hip is worse every day almost.
Am I missing an options? Note: I didn’t say trying the ER early. Only trying it when it would be on time and only because I’m waiting for my insurance to switch Medi-cal HMOs and because when I asked the staff at my previous drs about being a cash patient they said “ she doesn’t do that try the ER if you need to “ ( and they knew the context was refilling my meds)

Go ahead and try the ER if you need to.

Looks like insurance issues is making it impossible for you to do anything other than that right now.

hope you feel better soon.
❤️