• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I need help. Let's get back to normal.

Just a friendly tip, diet soda can spike insulin all the same cuz simply eating something sweet begins production whether it’s actually sugar or not. Plus the side effects of artificial sweeteners, I’ve watched a lot of folks try to lose weight and fail thinking diet soda would help them. I don’t want you to be one of them.

To really lose weight, soda and all sugary drinks need to be dropped, diet or not. If you have to taper off use fresh fruit juices for awhile but in the long run even those can only be had infrequently.

That one small change could be huge for your weight loss. The amount of sugar in one can (just a can) is usually around 40g which is max sugar intake for day depending who you ask. (Some say you should hit 20g, which I agree.)

-GC
Good points. Diet sodas are probably worse than the real thing variety of reasons. However I have a question for you what do you think of stevia

It is quite possible to be within the BMI normal weight range but be out of shape. I’m a good example. I can walk quite a while on flat ground, but I huff and puff on the hills.

Good points. Diet sodas are probably worse than the real thing variety of reasons. However I have a question for you what do you think of stevia

Stevia unfortunately has effects on hormones, it was actually used as birth control by natives since it supposedly raises estrogen. Allulose is probably the best “sugar alternative” but in the end the best way to go is eat minimal amounts of real sugars in foods with fats and other stuff so you feel more satiated and eat less.

Also sweetening stuff with fruit will keep the glycemic index way lower. I use dates and bananas to sweeten most things, if I need more concentrated there’s honey, date syrup, coconut palm sugar, maple syrup, just note that their indexs are still much higher than fructose in fruit but still better than sucrose (table sugar.)

-GC

Stevia unfortunately has effects on hormones, it was actually used as birth control by natives since it supposedly raises estrogen. Allulose is probably the best “sugar alternative” but in the end the best way to go is eat minimal amounts of real sugars in foods with fats and other stuff so you feel more satiated and eat less.

Also sweetening stuff with fruit will keep the glycemic index way lower. I use dates and bananas to sweeten most things, if I need more concentrated there’s honey, date syrup, coconut palm sugar, maple syrup, just note that their indexs are still much higher than fructose in fruit but still better than sucrose (table sugar.)

-GC
Thanks! I'll add to your list of good things brown rice syrup. available at health food stores. And barley malt, main ingredient in beer brewing. Best eaten straight out of the jar with a spoon. Your family members will never know

Last edited:
Pay attention to your calories while you're at it. Don't go over the recommended amount...

I read about Stevia benefits but I didn't know it has effects on hormones. I wonder if a doctor can prescribe it for this purpose.

“In studies on female animals, Stevia was shown to reduce fertility by 57-79%, similar to the results on male studies. The effects on female infertility lasted for months after intake of Stevia was ceased. Stevia has this contraceptive effect as it impacts your hormones and hormone receptors on cells.”

So while it’s not going to be effective enough alone, it combined with other similar substances could potentially make a decent contraceptive.

-GC

“In studies on female animals, Stevia was shown to reduce fertility by 57-79%, similar to the results on male studies. The effects on female infertility lasted for months after intake of Stevia was ceased. Stevia has this contraceptive effect as it impacts your hormones and hormone receptors on cells.”

So while it’s not going to be effective enough alone, it combined with other similar substances could potentially make a decent contraceptive.

-GC
I'm beginning to think that some good old saccharine is the shit Sweet and Low get me a Fresca or do they still make Tab

I'm beginning to think that some good old saccharine is the shit Sweet and Low get me a Fresca or do they still make Tab

When I was a kid I drank Fresca like it was water.. Makes me sick to think about now.

-GC

When I was a kid I drank Fresca like it was water.. Makes me sick to think about now.

-GC
Yeah well makes me sick to think that stevia is the reason why they're not a lot of little darvocets running around