• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I need a help!I made a couple of mistakes with the concerta(methylphenidate) and now I am very sorry :( will tolerance stabilize?

babilonko

Greenlighter
I finally found a place where I can talk about my problem
the first mistake I made with the concerta was that I started with a dose of 54mg so I had a hard time falling asleep at night ... but in the morning I would feel the concerta work and my concentration was better during the day and I was calmer... after a few days I made a big mistake... I drank 54mg in the morning ,after a few hours I wanted to achieve euphoria with the concerta so I took a 36mg tablet and cut it into 8 pieces to release the whole dose at once... I felt a kind of euphoria for an hour and a half -2... then I drank diazepam of 10mg... then again I cut a 36 milligram pill into eight pices and drank ... and another 10 misligrams of diazepam... after half an hour I started to feel stupid( there was no euphoria and it was not a good feeling) so that day I drank 54 + 36 + 36 -126mg( it was the highest dose I had taken in one day)... I made the same mistake 3-4 times but without diazepam(and I did not feel positive euphoria) next morning I got up and drank only 54mg... my hands were shaking a little and my heart was pounding badly( I felt as like my nervous system was irritated) I realized I had made big mistakes when I cut a 36mg concerta into 8 pieces with a knife to release the medicine right away(I am so sorry now and angry at myself) I am so worried that I have raised my tolerance on concerta in just a few days of taking a concerta in wrong way... I hope that's not true and I hope everything will be fine ... I hope to meet people here who understand me and who will want to talk to me about my problem... I started drinking at the concerta 1 month ago ... after the mistakes I made i felt like my 54mg was too little for me... so I increased it to 72mg but I was still not happy with the effect ,than 4 days I drank 90mg and last 3days I drank 108 mg... I finally felt the effect of the concerta(108mg)(initial effect after 30-45min after taking the concerta)... I am afraid to further increase the dose because I haven’t seen a lot of people drink more than 108mg... I am also worried about reducing the dose to 72mg... will my tolerance to the drug stabilize ??? can i expect 72mg or 54mg to be enough for me?can tolerance to the drug can be impaired in just a few days of taking it incorrectly ???

indeed, welcome to BL :)

the first mistake I made with the concerta was that I started with a dose of 54mg so I had a hard time falling asleep at night ... but in the morning I would feel the concerta work and my concentration was better during the day and I was calmer... after a few days I made a big mistake... I drank 54mg in the morning ,after a few hours I wanted to achieve euphoria with the concerta so I took a 36mg tablet
54mg? 36mg tablets? I do not believe they make methylphenidrate in these doses that sounds highly irregular.
cut it into 8 pieces to release the whole dose at once...
Chewing the tablet in your mouth and swallowing is less effort and just as, if not more, efficient
I felt a kind of euphoria for an hour and a half -2... then I drank diazepam of 10mg... then again I cut a 36 milligram pill into eight pices and drank ... and another 10 misligrams of diazepam... after half an hour I started to feel stupid( there was no euphoria and it was not a good feeling)
Yes, what you're essentially doing is called a speedball. Combining potent stimulants and benzos will certainly leave you feeling "stupid". You're probably getting higher than you think you are.

Even if these drugs are prescribed by a doctor you need to realize you are taking some very potent hardcore drugs here.

I drank 54 + 36 + 36 -126mg( it was the highest dose I had taken in one day)... I made the same mistake 3-4 times but without diazepam(and I did not feel positive euphoria) next morning I got up and drank only 54mg... my hands were shaking a little and my heart was pounding badly( I felt as like my nervous system was irritated) I realized I had made big mistakes when I cut a 36mg concerta into 8 pieces with a knife to release the medicine right away(I am so sorry now and angry at myself) I am so worried that I have raised my tolerance on concerta in just a few days of taking a concerta in wrong way... I hope that's not true and I hope everything will be fine ... I hope to meet people here who understand me and who will want to talk to me about my problem... I started drinking at the concerta 1 month ago ... after the mistakes I made i felt like my 54mg was too little for me... so I increased it to 72mg but I was still not happy with the effect ,than 4 days I drank 90mg and last 3days I drank 108 mg... I finally felt the effect of the concerta(108mg)(initial effect after 30-45min after taking the concerta)... I am afraid to further increase the dose because I haven’t seen a lot of people drink more than 108mg... I am also worried about reducing the dose to 72mg... will my tolerance to the drug stabilize ??? can i expect 72mg or 54mg to be enough for me?can tolerance to the drug can be impaired in just a few days of taking it incorrectly ???

Hey I'm really glad you're here friend. We understand you.

You are taking very, very high doses of a potent stimulant. How much are you prescribed per day?

You are likely experiencing stimulant psychosis and/or something similar, possibly latent mental health, but it's the drug thats the issue.

Nobody here is going to judge you, but I'm going to tell you right off the bat that taking that much ritalin is likely causing you some psychosis or other issues.

Your issue is not that you have tolerance - it's that you are likely taking too much in general.

When is the last time you've slept? How much do you usually sleep? How long have you been off the benzos? Do you eat enough nutritious food and stay hydrated? Are you on any other medications?

54mg? 36mg tablets? I do not believe they make methylphenidrate in these doses that sounds highly irregular.

Chewing the tablet in your mouth and swallowing is less effort and just as, if not more, efficient

Yes, what you're essentially doing is called a speedball. Combining potent stimulants and benzos will certainly leave you feeling "stupid". You're probably getting higher than you think you are.

You are taking very, very high doses of a potent stimulant. How much are you prescribed per day?

You are likely experiencing stimulant psychosis and/or something similar, possibly latent mental health, but it's the drug thats the issue.

Nobody here is going to judge you, but I'm going to tell you right off the bat that taking that much ritalin is likely causing you some psychosis or other issues.

Your issue is not that you have tolerance - it's that you are likely taking too much in general.

When is the last time you've slept? How much do you usually sleep? How long have you been off the benzos?
Excellent post.

you did not fuck up your tolerance in any lasting manner. 54mgs is not too little for you.

you’re chasing a high. from a drug that doesn’t have much of a high. go back to taking 54mgs and you’ll be fine. even if you feel a bit dull for a couple days.

the first mistake I made with the concerta was that I started with a dose of 54mg so I had a hard time falling asleep at night ... but in the morning I would feel the concerta work and my concentration was better during the day and I was calmer... after a few days I made a big mistake... I drank 54mg in the morning ,after a few hours I wanted to achieve euphoria with the concerta so I took a 36mg tablet and cut it into 8 pieces to release the whole dose at once... I felt a kind of euphoria for an hour and a half -2... then I drank diazepam of 10mg... then again I cut a 36 milligram pill into eight pices and drank ... and another 10 misligrams of diazepam... after half an hour I started to feel stupid( there was no euphoria and it was not a good feeling) so that day I drank 54 + 36 + 36 -126mg( it was the highest dose I had taken in one day)... I made the same mistake 3-4 times but without diazepam(and I did not feel positive euphoria) next morning I got up and drank only 54mg... my hands were shaking a little and my heart was pounding badly( I felt as like my nervous system was irritated) I realized I had made big mistakes when I cut a 36mg concerta into 8 pieces with a knife to release the medicine right away(I am so sorry now and angry at myself) I am so worried that I have raised my tolerance on concerta in just a few days of taking a concerta in wrong way... I hope that's not true and I hope everything will be fine ... I hope to meet people here who understand me and who will want to talk to me about my problem... I started drinking at the concerta 1 month ago ... after the mistakes I made i felt like my 54mg was too little for me... so I increased it to 72mg but I was still not happy with the effect ,than 4 days I drank 90mg and last 3days I drank 108 mg... I finally felt the effect of the concerta(108mg)(initial effect after 30-45min after taking the concerta)... I am afraid to further increase the dose because I haven’t seen a lot of people drink more than 108mg... I am also worried about reducing the dose to 72mg... will my tolerance to the drug stabilize ??? can i expect 72mg or 54mg to be enough for me?can tolerance to the drug can be impaired in just a few days of taking it incorrectly ???
If you are looking to experience any positive effects from concerta, increasing the dose isn't going to do it. Methylphenidate tends to produce more side-effects than anything at the doses you're talking about.

Take a break for a while. Your tolerance will drop and you might be able to gauge the situation a bit more clearly.

Even if these drugs are prescribed by a doctor you need to realize you are taking some very potent hardcore drugs here.

When is the last time you've slept? How much do you usually sleep? How long have you been off the benzos? Do you eat enough nutritious food and stay hydrated? Are you on any other medications?
thank you very much for the answer ... maybe you can help me not to get into trouble again ...36mg and 54mg concerta exist ... but it's not IR it is ER...so it has an effect of 10-12 hours the doctor prescribed it to me the first two weeks 36mg a day and then 54mg a day...and I started 54 mg a day right away ... my first mistake right at the beginning...I sleep well now for about 8 hours ...now i drink one diazepam 5mg at 6pm.
I am taking other medications as well- xeplion(Paliperidone)injection of 100mg once a month and Quetiapine 25mg before a sleep ..I don't eat a lot of quality food but I think I'm getting enough water

thank you very much for the answer ... maybe you can help me not to get into trouble again ...36mg and 54mg concerta exist ... but it's not IR it is ER...so it has an effect of 10-12 hours the doctor prescribed it to me the first two weeks 36mg a day and then 54mg a day...and I started 54 mg a day right away ... my first mistake right at the beginning...I sleep well now for about 8 hours ...now i drink one diazepam 5mg at 6pm.
I am taking other medications as well- xeplion(Paliperidone)injection of 100mg once a month and Quetiapine 25mg before a sleep ..I don't eat a lot of quality food but I think I'm getting enough water
oh wow, you are correct about the dosages, I was unaware. 54mg is the highest dose for teens, 72mg for adults. Sorry. Learned something new, I haven't done methylphenidrate in over 15 years.

this makes more sense now

I have schizophrenia myself. I'm not going to assume you have the same but I can infer at least something similar based on paliperidone and quetiapine.

I believe you're overthinking this a bit. I'm a little surprised your doctor would start you out at 54mg of methylphenidate (assuming it's the same doc that prescribes your APs), however not that surprised as the same doctor who diagnosed me as schizophrenic also prescribed me adderall.

What you are really experiencing is normal tolerance to the concerta and you overthinking it a bit. Just take a break. Take a day off.

my best results with concerta/adderall was when I didn't take it every day

You are on very high doses of it so tolerance will naturally build within days. Take some days off and your tolerance will lower significantly.

you did not fuck up your tolerance in any lasting manner. 54mgs is not too little for you.

you’re chasing a high. from a drug that doesn’t have much of a high. go back to taking 54mgs and you’ll be fine. even if you feel a bit dull for a couple days.
thank you
oh wow, you are correct about the dosages, I was unaware. 54mg is the highest dose for teens, 72mg for adults. Sorry. Learned something new, I haven't done methylphenidrate in over 15 years.

this makes more sense now

I have schizophrenia myself. I'm not going to assume you have the same but I can infer at least something similar based on paliperidone and quetiapine.

I believe you're overthinking this a bit. I'm a little surprised your doctor would start you out at 54mg of methylphenidate (assuming it's the same doc that prescribes your APs), however not that surprised as the same doctor who diagnosed me as schizophrenic also prescribed me adderall.

What you are really experiencing is normal tolerance to the concerta and you overthinking it a bit. Just take a break. Take a day off.

my best results with concerta/adderall was when I didn't take it every day

You are on very high doses of it so tolerance will naturally build within days. Take some days off and your tolerance will lower significantly.
thank you. i need someone to talk to who has the knowledge and experience ... i have had a lot of problems with illegal drugs (amphetamines heroin methadone) in the past ... if i screw up one more time i could lose everything ... i find it hard to control myself when in terms of drug use ... when I started with the concerta this time it worked well in the beginning and I couldn't sleep well in the evening ... now I drink 108mg and sleep very well ... it's worrying to me ... I feel like I screwed up and as if the medicine would never work as it had in the beginning