• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I made it and I'm maintaiing for years

blazelaser

Greenlighter
Hey

I wanted to write this because I know you are out there!

I had some problems with abusing legal codeine and benzodiazepine derivate medicines in the past. Today, I am sober for the six and a half years and I became a person who have a serious career. If you need to know this, this is possible. I made it and they witnessed it. Of course, I had some issues in my career about discrimination and social stigma by the colleagues who knows my past experiences and difficulties. Firstly, my so-called professional addiction counselor announced my allergic anaphylaxisis of mine. I understand that she had obvious reasons for that. She was panicked but I suffered the consequences of her that particular action. She proved she's not a professional by this but I think I took many ways to become a professional in my career. When it comes to my social circle, it is very small because of my local conditions. Some of them are appreciated me for years and they supported me. If they weren't for me, I would not had a chance for the hellish stigma. The country that I live in, it have not much of the AA or NA or moderation or ant confession culture. They tags you and you're done if you can even healed or if you can even help others. They don't care about if you can even have some kind of unique perfections in the your job. Others of them appreciated me anyway but they are using the situation against me in an unethical way. But I'm walking my line. There were some folks who really want badly to stop me and kicked me out. If I gotta tell the truth, everybody is not loving me (just they exactly should do) but everybody around me is certain that I'm not relapsed for considerably substantial time and they know this is kinda a good signal for the idea to give them about how will I live my life?

Some of them hated me more after give that kinda a trust about me to the community where I live in. I received much of punch of fouls. But I never gave up and I never will.

Blaze

blazelaser - welcome to Bluelight and that you for sharing! You are an inspiration! 6 years is huge! I am almost at 3 years and can't wait to be at 6. If you don't mind sharing, how did you overcome your addiction? Also, what country do you live in?

Hey

blazelaser - welcome to Bluelight and that you for sharing! You are an inspiration! 6 years is huge! I am almost at 3 years and can't wait to be at 6. If you don't mind sharing, how did you overcome your addiction? Also, what country do you live in?

I'm so glad for these comment. I'm sorry for I can't tell where I am living in and I must ask politely that you don't share if you see this as a moderator. I know your intention is good but I had had enough for the stigma. How did I made it? Simple and compex.

It was simple because I found that I've really wanted to do for the rest of my life in my career. Sober time gave me an opportunity for this and I met the right career for me. Unfortunately, I can't meet a right person with romantic relationship though but I'm pulled through somehow.

It was complex at the same time but I noticed that some of my friends wanted to see my addiction's active. They are not addicts and the main reason that they react so badly is not jeolusy or lifestyle changes in me. Because I had nearly closed to them as a lifestyle. They are just OK with the sick man but they can't be OK with a healthy person. So, except addiction friends (they are not real friends as everybody know this) my friends are reduced. It was hard to accept.

Three years in sobriety is a very good too! I can say that it will be OK eventually.

With love and respect...

Thank you! This site is anonymous so I have zero access to your personal information. I just inquired about your country because we have many people in recovery from all over the world I know the stigma of addiction is worse in some countries than others, and it can be motivating for other people in countries where the stigma is bad to read about success stories. It gives them hope to be successful themselves :) Thank you again for sharing!