• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I know opiate withdrawals give you nightmares, but this one hit below the belt...

crisler

Bluelighter
I am used to withdrawal nightmares by now. Its been a few days. I know its a common symptom once you get past the insomnia stage. But this is just too much. I am genuinely scarred, hurt, betrayed by my own nightmare. I have never had a series of nightmares this truly fuckin awful.

Night before last I had a nightmare about me and my mom living in a small house in the woods (Im the only child), and we were like isolated. The only people in the whole neighborhood. We went to bed and woke up both hostage to a giant like 6 foot diameter spider that blocked the door and I remeber being in the room so vividly, the horror was unreal, it was a long dream but basically I broke a hole through the window and the giant spider screamed and I woke up.

That one didn't even compare to last nights dream.. Well in real life, I lost my grandmother after going out to eat dinner it was me, my grandmother, my mom, uncle and his wife, my aunt and her husband, and my cousin, my uncles son. After dinner we all drove home I drove my grandmother with my mom my we all three live on the same part of uptown New Orleans so we drove one car and I chauffeured. My mom started screaming she said my grandmother was coughing loud and when she looked back she saw my grandmothers eyes roll back into her head and she had passed away right there in the car. We pulled over on a busy street it was the worst day of my life, trying to give cpr to my unresponsive grandmother. But the paramedics said there was nothing I could do it was cardiac arrest, her heart couldn't put out anymore. This was January 2, 2016 I will never forget that day. She was 87 though so I didn't take it too badly after that first day where I lost her in my mothers arms.

Last nights dream, I was driving on a really long road over a huge body of water, similar to the Causeway bridge here in Louisiana (longest bridge in the world over a body of water) but the bridge was weird. We ran out of gas simultaneously as my grandmother in the backseat started crying for help. My mother started crying just as she did the day I lost my grandmother in real life. The car ran out of gas and like pulled itself over so other people could drive by. We were stranded just sitting ther crying telling my grandmother to hang in there help is coming. Of course my grandmother died exactly how she died in real like to the T except the fact that she asked for help in this nightmare. It was way worse than Im writing this it was the worst dream I personally could possibly have.

Opiate withdrawals aren't playing fair. That was a low blow. I almost believe in the devil now. I woke up scarred this morning I really feel betrayed by my mind. How would i even concoct a dream so horrible what the actual fuck. Anyone out there have an especially awful nightmare? I'd love to hear you guy's stories of your worst nightmares. No way Im alone with this bedtime hell.

I know what you're talking about, and it is true. It seems like the only time I have really bad nightmares is if I'm withdrawing from opioids and somehow manage to get a little sleep. Either from just exhaustion or medicating with something else to put me to sleep.
2 years ago my best friend committed suicide by blowing his head off with a 38 special to the temple. I was there trying to stop him but I couldn't. I saw the aftermath and had nightmares for months and the blood and the way he was looking right at me but dead and shit like that. Over time those went away mostly....except for if I'm withdrawing.
I've had nightmares where I woke up and fell on the floor ripping clothes off because in my dream I'm covered in his blood. Once I had a dream where I just kept watching him pull the trigger like in a 5 second loop. All in all I've had probably 2 dozen dreams like this, and I can say pretty comfortably 90% of them were when I was dope sick. I think it's because the biggest reason for my addiction in the first place was to numb myself from that horrible experience, and when I can't medicate it comes out in a fury...I don't know.... But you're not alone. Dreams are a window into the sub concious. Maybe you have some issues to work through still. I know I do.

Wow sorry you experienced such a terrible event. Those nightmares must have been so painful

Wow sorry you experienced such a terrible event. Those nightmares must have been so painful

Yea man it was horrible, I ended up getting diagnosed with PTSD because of the ordeal. Had lots of therapy and it has gone away for the most part.