• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I know it's rare, but might I have slight HPPD?

PipGirl

Greenlighter
I've only been experimenting with psychedelics for the past year, so I'm somewhat new to all this. I first noticed something weird when I was in the shower and bright blue dots began to cloud my vision. In the past when I'd have a very hot shower, I would get dizzy, lightheaded and everything would get darker like I was going to faint. I know this in itself isn't that uncommon. Only now when it happens, they're always very bright blue dots. I also get trails if I move my hands too fast.

Right now I can look at the ceiling and if I relax but at the same time concentrate, the white becomes distinct green and purple (which I get every time I trip). The ceiling forms a pattern which I can make out easily and it starts to move. Almost like a river. Sometimes there are larger shapes that move faster than the rest. Almost like fish or something. I can do this with almost every surface that is textured. It doesn't work at all with glass or something similar. Making the walls "breathe" is also pretty easy if I put my mind to it.

The only one time it has ever made me nervous is when the whole ground was moving. Almost like an earthquake. I asked the people around me if they felt anything and the answers were all no. It was VERY noticeable, but nobody else reacted to it at all.

I've experienced no "haloing", or other distortions. I feel very comfortable with it and it's quite relaxing at times. I'm not here to try and scare people or anything. Would just like a little insight if it's possible.

One other question. If I keep taking psychedelics, will it get any worse? Or is it a once you've got it, it stays that way kinda thing? If anyone has any answers for me I'd much appreciate it. Thanks :)

Edit: Forgot to mention that I haven't had any psychedelics in over two months. I have had weed, but that was a month ago.

Last edited:
These are pretty typical aftereffects of taking psychedelics, it's nothing to worry about. They make you more aware of the neural noise in your visual system that your brain normally filters out. It may or may not go away on its own, if you avoid taking any more drugs (including weed) for a while. But it sounds like you don't find it too annoying, so I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. I think people scare themselves sometimes by looking up medical terminology and making things out to be "disorders" when they're not really that disruptive in their lives.

I've been tripping for years and my vision has changed somewhat over that time, to where I see more vivid colors everywhere, and afterimages on blank walls and such, but it doesn't really bother me and I actually enjoy the sober visuals sometimes. :)

Last edited:
Dont worry man, ive had slight hppd for awhile now, it usually wears off in a time but gets back sometimes if i trip alot in a shorttime.

I've had HPPD for years now, it doesn't bother me at all. Started tripping about 14-15 years ago, pretty heavily(twice a week) for about 5 of those years. Even after taking a long break it hasn't completely gone away, it's milder than it was. Due to being incarcerated I haven't taken a psychedelic in at least 18 months, but I plan to again shortly. I found that my HPPD usually became more intense when I was using 2c-x's too frequently. I've had it for a long time now like I mentioned and sometimes almost forget what it was like before this change took place. I don't regret my psychedelic use because it shaped me into the person I am, if you don't mind the perceptual changes that are taking place than continue on forward.

I don't really have anything negative to say about HPPD, if anything it has made me life more interesting, it's all about how you want to look at it. I'd only be concerned if some type of negative psychological component came along with it, like happens with some people. If you keep on tripping there is a chance that it will become somewhat more intense, but for me it usually fades again once I take another break. Just embrace the gift you've been given and you'll be just fine.

~happy trails

I have seen dots when I felt light headed, that's probably not drug related. I can stare at something long enough and will distort, that's probably something to do with your eyes. It sounds like you might be looking for after effects and reading too much in normal things.
The normal advice is if there are things you are concerned about post trip you should take a break or quit.

I'm going to be completely honest here. I have very little psychedelic use recently, and prior to that was a few years before the last time I used anything. I remember remarking to a friend when I was in my teens that dark didn't see so dark anymore and it was like there was tv static over everything. Back in those days I was doing a lot of shit every weekend, all weekend kind of deal, e, mushrooms, acid. It never really bothered me though, but was interesting to know then that it wasn't just me.

Anyway, I've gotten into the 2c's and 25i and between them all I've done 2c-i twice, 25i twice and 2c-e once, all back to back, spaced out by a week. After I did 2c-e I noticed that a slight CEV in the center of my vision persisted, and over the past 2 weeks its gone away but I can still force it at times, and I find when I think of imagery in my mind sometimes it is pretty vivid and colourful, more than I remember anyway. Ive been noticing little random flashes of light, which coincidentally I noticed when I took 2c-e, I was getting flashes of brilliant blue dots. When I close my eyes at night I've been getting this strobe-light effect, this is very hard to describe, but its like the visual static I get when I close my eyes in a dark room moves around in waves, but at the same time it is flashing. It takes a little while for this to die down but the lack of total darkness never does away. When I was a child I found that if I was in my room at night and I literally pressed onto my closed eyeballs, it was like I was sent down a tunnel, a flashing light tunnel and the longer I held it the more I physically felt like I was moving down a tunnel.. it was quite enjoyable and something I did often. I've never actually shared that with anyone, I guess its somewhat similar to Ann Shulgin's spiral, in a different forced way of course. That is the only thing that I can compare what happens when I close my eyes for the evening and try to go to bed, similar white/staticy flashing.

Its not bad and it doesn't bother me, and its diminishing, but I thought I'd share. I was actually warned by a number of people on here that the 2c's tend to cause this sort of behaviour. My track record for use was 25i, 25i, 2c-i, 2c-e, 2c-i. The first time 25i was just over threshold, the second time I tripped hard, no noticeable aftereffects other than for the day. I rather enjoyed those cevs, they were very organic and the colours, oh man they were gorgeous. Did a low dose of 2c-i and didn't get very far with it, again nothing. Did 2c-e which turned out to be a low dose (could have been some tolerance here, as I had done these substances on back to back weekends), but when I was out for a walk on a dark trail I noticed the flashing blue and a cev turned oev from the dark in the center of my vision and this is essentially what persisted for a while, like blue green red works squiggling around. That's all I really got visually from that trip. The week after I did a decent dose of 2c-i, 20mg, and had a good time, visuals weren't huge but things looked funny in the distance, I had mild tracing which I enjoy thoroughly, and pretty decent cevs, though nothing like I got after the peak of 25i. After that experience, two weeks ago, I have begun to notice these things happening more and more. I don't really have any colourful cevs like the ones I experienced after the 2c-e, maybe if I really try to force something, but I attribute that largely to the images being fresh in my mind to some extent. But here I want to point out that for me there seems to be two visual fields when I close my eyes, the general closed eye visuals along the backdrop of the eyelid, and visuals that are projected from thoughts in my mind, they are two separate entities, and both seem to be heightened at the moment.

Anyway, this is the reason I abstained from doing anything over the last two weeks. I am going to try something again this weekend, and I was thinking a larger dose of 2c-i as I rather enjoyed that even though it wasn't that heavy visually - though I expect this to increase. Either that or a combination of 2c-e and 2c-i; I was thinking something on the order of a 1:2 ratio, totaling somewhere around 24mgs. But that's not really in the interest of this thread so I'll leave that thought be.

Cheers

I just wanted to note that as a disorder HPPD must cause some element of discomfort or stress. I can have visual after effects out the wazoo but unless that bothers me enough to cause me stress I don't have HPPD.

Having visual after effects after tripping for a while is normal. I find it difficult to drive at night if I tripped the previous day. I get trails almost all the time. Or I think I do, it might, as was previously mentioned, just be you noticing something about your vision that you didn't notice before.

Also: a lot of "symtoms of HPPD" are actually just vagaries of the human visual system.

Last edited by a moderator:
After my first 2ce trip, maybe 5mg insufflated, certain things I saw on my trip came through an I still see them to this day.
Things like if I stare at a door it will look like its dancing and moving side to side

You don't have HPPD, calm it down, you are thinking far too much about fear mongering propaganda.... HPPD is something people love to tack on to themselves as some sort of golden badge from psychedelic use... anything that alters your perception drastically will do just that (alter perception)... don't call it a disorder... it's your life.... go with yourself... don't listen to the bullshit.

These are not things you would naturally be experiencing without using drugs.

The things that you experience tripping on psychedelics can/will stay with you in some way probably for the rest of your life. Even if they are just annoying optical illusions.

Such disturbances are not just some normal/natural experience that you just notice more than usual, that is nonsense. Feeling colors and hearing voices and seeing patterns moving on walls, you are really not adequately experienced if you believe they are just there whether or not you've done psychedelics.