Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

i just smoked salvia

foodcrisis

Bluelighter
i just smoked salvia it was a few years old, but 20x still. i'm on a low dose of haldol anti-psychotic. it doesn't really do anything for me, but i expected the salvia might not work anyways, despite the fact i read that there are no trip killers for salvia.

so i've been planning on saving this salvia to smoke when i move out of my parent's house because they are always home and i don't want to get in trouble. i have no idea what they'd think of salvia and if they tell my therapists, are they gonna try to medicate me or something cause it's not legal for consumption. i have no idea, so i'm just gonna keep this to myself and strangers on the internet. my room doesn't stink like smoke at all and i just took a shower (which was super weird) so i should be fine and not smelling like weird smoke when my family gets back from the party they went to. lol

so i packed up a pretty large bowl, about three pinches from a gram bag, maybe about .3 worth of salvia. i put my camera on facing my bed to record to see if i make noise when i trip. i sat on my bed and took about a minutes worth of meditative breathing. i took the hit and held it in for as long as i could because i hear people on reddit saying it's more likely to work holding a hit in. i only had like three seconds of being able to hold the smoke in my lungs. i exhaled and coughed. i almost puked. about 5 to 15 seconds passed and i was like "damn, nothing" to myself. and then all of a sudden the thoughts in my head are "you don't remember this!" and then it was like my vision was kind of blurry and a blanket or a wave kind of like the fabric of my bedsheet came slowly approaching my vision and completely covered everything i could see. it was kind of like i was sinking at this point. at first i felt like it's some DARE advertisement like i'm in big trouble and a teenager or something. and in my head i'm luck "how could i not remember what this would be and why would i do this. this teenage drama bullshit" is what i was thinking.....i completely lost touch with reality for a minute and then i thought that i was some kind of reality show for aliens or there was a reality show in my head. i'm not sure but i heard this voice like "you don't remember the bruels" or something and i remember i always used to hear these voices and one of the things they would say was "berlucktose" and "teddy berlucktose" i think i remembered a family of teddy bears like from when i was a little kid in a black space... i tried opening my eyes and there was this big theatrical thing like would i come back to reality in time. my eye felt like it was opening super slow and i could see what i thought was my eye lash. there was a bunch of tears. it was like my whole perspective was trying to open or close my eye or all i was was an eye trying to open or close and i didn't have a body, but the weird thing when i went back to look at the recorded footage, my eyes were open the whole time. you could see tears coming out of them on the camera. i felt like my eye closing was going to end the universe and that i wouldn't get back in time for the trip to end or something... it was really weird. it wasn't that i didn't like it, but i didn't want to be there, so i shook the feeling off and started moving around my room. i was back in reality but i felt like i was going to get in trouble or cought. i couldn't remember who my family was at all at that point. i'm really not sure what i was afraid of. on camera i hear myself laugh "what the fuck haha" pretty casually a couple minutes after taking the hit and waking around my room trying to get back to reality. i went and took a shower and had pretty cool closed eye visuals similar to smoking weed, maybe a little more tripped out feeling like the visuals were larger behind my eyes if that makes any sense.

after about an hour i'm totally fine. i'll be able to talk with my family and they won't have any clue. thankfully the hit didn't smell up my room i noticed after i got back from the shower. i smoked a little bit of weed while writing this post to cover it up just in case... actually my father and my sister actually just got home from the party to leave my fathers car here so he can drink and my sister can drive him home. i talked to both of them fine. they will have no idea... wtf. so weird having to be 37 almost 38 next month and i'm trying to hide my habbits from people. this world doesn't seem right. i think it influenced me to have a weird paranoid trip. i was afraid to stay in the salvia world... it was heavy as fuck though. it definitely hit me hard. it wasn't colorful like the first few salvia trips that i had as a teen. i remember i smoked salvia for a few months when i turned 18. the begining trips were really colorful and then they got to be darker and weird like the trip i just had. there was a big theme of being a distressed teen in a lot of trouble that i forgot about till this trip. i don't really feel that way in reality and wasn't in any trouble as a teen. it's really weird. i never get these feelings on shrooms or acid.

salvia is some weird ass shit though. i have no desire to try the rest of the bag. i probably will get curious at some point, but wtf. i was thinking of maybe getting a bunch more salvia and replacing mushrooms and acid with salvia until this trip. not the same type vibe though. i wish it was more colorful and what not so i'd get an idea for a painting or something. oh well. i think if it weren't so harsh on my lungs that i might've had a better trip. i'm not even gonna try holding it in next time. my salvia is probably stale though. i think it was actually stale when i got it.

sorry if this is tl;dr but writing this helped me get back to reality a bit. i figure i'll post it anyways even though my writing is kind of scatter brained....

also i was worried that the salvia might bother the nerves in my body because cigarettes definitely do. i didn't really notice anything at all.. i remember as a teen i used to have a couple hours after smoking salvia where my body would feel off and uncomfortable. i thought maybe that was something to do with my CNS, but having a damaged back and doing salvia now, it doesn't feel like salvia is really bad for your CNS like smoking a cigarette or anything. i'm pretty happy about that. another drug i can do with out fear of hurting my body. almost zero bad side effects that weren't mental imo.

something that i noticed about this batch of salvia that i got too was i tried smoking it at the end of an acid trip about four years ago and i didn't break through. i took just as big of a hit and all it did was make flashing lights for a minute or so. there was no break through or ego loss type stuff at all... i think salvia might have a cross tolerance with acid anologues like 1p-lsd or eth-lad i forget which one i was taking when i tried the salvia at the end of the trip, but it definitely dulled it and i didn't totally trip out. i definitely wasn't on any anti-psychotic meds at that point either.

i know salvia is supposed to be a disassociative and acid is a psychedelic, but with how the cross tolerance effected me, i don't see how salvia is not a psychedelic. with the trips that i get from salvia too, it seems like something from a psychedelic movie... i'm wondering about other people and acid and salvia cross tolerance... when i was peaking on the acid, i would just take a little sliver of salvia, hold it between my fingers and burn the salvia between my fingers and inhale that, it wouldn't create ego loss, but it would warp my vision like a fun house mirror. that was like a lot less than .1 gram worth of salvia. i probably just smoked like ten times that amount... i'm wondering about smoking a full bowl of salvia while peaking on some acid or shrooms. i've never tried that. maybe it would make it more colorful.

i have to say a few hours after this experience i feel zero side effects and after contemplating what i was going through during the trip, it makes me want to get some more of this stuff. i definitely have one or two more doses in my bag, but i never have time to do that now. my house always has people in it that want me off certain drugs. maybe if it's still around when i move out of my parent's house i'll get a bunch of it. i'm on a housing waiting list that's going to take like five years. i didn't make any noise when i was experiencing ego loss though. i don't think i ever did before and most people that i smoked it with stayed silent, so i'll probably try it where ever i live. i was thinking about going into the woods to smoke it before so my neighbors wouldn't think anything if i screamed or something, but doesn't seem like that sort of thing. it really only lasted under a minute of totally being at a loss of all reality. i imagine it could get cooler and maybe last a little longer if i was at peace with the experience. seems like another good example of why they should have legal drugs and certain restricted areas for people to use them... this was a hardcore experience though i'll say one more time. like there was a point where i was imagining all different realities that i'd wake up in. it was going pretty fast. none of it really made sense.. definitely a lot going on on all sorts of different levels for such a short experience.

Just be careful, you can have really fun or odd trips and trips so hellish you'll never want to see it again. I prefer DMT as a short acting psychedelic by a longshot, have only had one bad trip out of 100+

As for cross-tolerance there shouldn't be any with other psychedelics, so likely something else is at play there.

I wonder if they keep it legal because of how awful the effects are for the majority of people

Freaking nightmare somehow some people have a pleasant time though

I mean the policy makes no sense at all anyways I always had a very uncomfortable sensation using this would advise DMT unless one is hellbent on salvia LOL

i have to say i recommend recording the trip with a camera and watching later. by seeing how i moved on camera i was able to remember the trip a little better. it was like an eye was trying to close and different invisible creatures were going into different reality sitcom television shows for aliens to watch before the eye closed to cancel them. i remember a voice telling me "you're on" like they tell people in movies when they are about to act. i didn't really get it and the voices were like "you do the same thing every time you got this", but i was supposed to go into a sitcom reality like the other creatures instead of the eye closing, when the eye closed i remember actually peeling my way out of the eye and returning into reality. i remember crawling out of the eye because it's when i first moved on camera. it was a real subtle move, i just slid across the bed a little changing my position. i'm not sure if i'd have such a vivid memory of this if i weren't watching myself go through the trip on camera.

doing this trip made me remember a lot of salvia trips that i had when i started using a lot as a teen. i definitely often got the sense that i'm in a sitcom for aliens to watch. i remember full colorful trips being in the sitcoms. all i can really see is colors like an abstract art painting instead of real people, but i recognize the colors as entities of a television show or play. i remember times of feeling like i was arrested and abused on salvia too. like the police of salvia said i was tripping too much and it was a pretty unpleasant experience. i also had a bad trip because i felt like one of the sitcoms was really similar to reality. in reality i used to listen to a lot of punk and hardcore music really loud as a teen, so my sister is six years younger than me and i always felt like i was a bad influence on her or scaring her. i really got the feel of these emotions during a trip and i really didn't like it. i think this was what i described as the teenage feeling. i got over that during the recent trip i was in though and just had a bizarre experience with out any bad emotions. i was just really confused this recent trip. i think if i try salvia again, i might be able to choose to act in a sitcom and go into different dimensions or whatever and experience some cool stuff for even longer than i just tripped if i don't get scared and try to shake off the feeling. i think watching on camera and seeing myself breathing healthy is making me feel a lot more sure to try this again with out being scared. i think if i take too often i could also potentially get a bad trip feeling like i'm getting arrested or something again. i think it's worth trying. none of the experiences ever really scar me when i get back to reality, they are just terrible while they are happening. it definitely makes me appreciate reality more too, but sadly reality bores the hell out of me and i like these experiences.

i've actually wrote about on this site how i've been interested in upping my shroom dose that i tried from about 5 and a half grams to fourteen grams to get ego loss. i definitely wrote that i'd only like to do that if it were legal, but i'm thinking now, that's probably a potentially terrifying experience to experience ego loss for that long. i was gone for like 20 seconds on salvia, forget about a six hour shroom trip... i think if i were at a festival and had like a trip guide or something incase i was looking unenjoyable or getting crushed by colors. like i feel like if i could pick a meditative guide whose voice i liked i'd be good. i'm a male, i can think of a lot of female voices that i think i'd respond to positively, like i've encounted a lot of ladies in the psychward doing meditative seminars whose voices really click with me.. i think i could deal with it if it were treated like therapy... i'm even wondering if the voices in my head could just coach me through it. i definitely think it's possible. it kind of happens with salvia, but like i said that's a great deal of a shorter trip. lol

despite the fact that some salvia trips are scary and not fun, i always seem to think it's funny when i get back to reality. so i'm kind of into this. i'd definitely consider myself somewhat of a masochist though...

i'm definitely interested in trying DMT too. from what i hear it lasts a little longer, but it's more enjoyable. i'm wondering if it's really much different for me though cause i've gotten to the point that felt A LOT like salvia from high dose acid trips, it was like doing salvia over and over. pretty weird. makes me think i could handle a lot of shrooms, but i didn't have a back injury with nerve damage when i tried high dosing lsd so i should be careful... chances are shrooms aren't going to be 100% legalized in my life time, so i probably shouldn't even think too much about it.

also i just reread this post and want to comment again how it felt like i was crawling out of an eye back into reality to end the trip. i've gotten back to reality in some weird ways. i remember before as a teen a few times i felt like i would fall from the ceiling back into my body, like 100 percent real feeling like i fell through the ceiling. crazy stuff.

Salvia scared the shit out of me. I took a hit of 60x and I forgot that I was a human being and I felt like I was an object or like I was apart of the floor and as I went to grab the neck of my guitar I thought it was crying to have me let go. Not to mention the body trip was insane, I felt like gravity was holding me down

Beware of products sold as salvia, the constituent actives seem to vary and from past experience I know that at least one vendor was introducing SOMETHING (I suspect a semisynthetic derivative of salvinorin) to their product. Possibly Salvinorin B methoxymethyl ether. For me the effects were so much stronger and very unpleasant indeed.

I obtained the material from Kokopelli on Wormerstraat close to ACS. I noted that within a few days they had replaced their supplier. Caveat emptor.

Beware of products sold as salvia, the constituent actives seem to vary and from past experience I know that at least one vendor was introducing SOMETHING (I suspect a semisynthetic derivative of salvinorin) to their product. Possibly Salvinorin B methoxymethyl ether. For me the effects were so much stronger and very unpleasant indeed.

I obtained the material from Kokopelli on Wormerstraat close to ACS. I noted that within a few days they had replaced their supplier. Caveat emptor.
have you or anyone ever heard of salvia test kits? i just googled and it changed all the results to "saliva test kits".

have you or anyone ever heard of salvia test kits? i just googled and it changed all the results to "saliva test kits".

This was in 2001. So I'm pretty sure even MDMA test kits were Neu!

It's sad that the advances in drug-testing have, in the main, been driven by people being poisoned.

Now the good ones use antibodies which is impressive in one way (it will detect a CLASS of compound) but bad in another because the semisynthetic I mentioned wouldn't be detected.

Since then I've ONLY taken prescribed medicines, stuff made by good friends or stuff with GC-MS/NMR/COA.

It really was awful.