• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc i fucking hate spice (or: literally everyone else was right and i was wrong)

goaskalex

Greenlighter
long-winded self-pittying intoxicated rant ahead.

i realize that i have a pretty long track record of giving zero fucks about the warnings of more experienced drug users when they tell me that a certain substance isn't worth it. i ignored every warning not to try heroin. i went back on a promise and started smoking meth. this is just kind of routine. but even i should have at least hesitated when the same forums and group chats that accepted my hard drug use (when practiced as safely and sensibly as possible, at least) all seemed to write off "fake weed" as complete and utter trash not to be fucked with at all.

but i didn't and i'd just like to take a moment to vent about how stupid that was.

it hasn't even been all that horrible, all things considered. i get my shit from the streets downtown, which is very much different than the shit my ex used to buy us online, which i hear is pretty different than the shit that they used to sell at gas stations and smoke shops. i haven't had any terrible reactions. i haven't seized up or gone on a psychotic rampage or thought that i was dying and called an ambulance. about the worst thing that's happened after smoking too much k2 was, like, a sixty-second episode of hallucinating bugs crawling on my belongings in front of me. (which was admittedly kind of terrifying, but apparently not terrifying enough for me to kick the habit.)

but even with the lack of any major physical side effects, this is easily the most hellish drug i've ever let myself get hooked on. i had an easier time stopping heroin. and meth. and benzos and drinking and crack and even binge eating. when i first started smoking it i could take a hit or two, be instantly shitfaced the second i exhaled, and stay fucked up for hours for way cheaper than with my usual combination of weed plus something harder. with a persistent weed-esque buzz for even longer and relatively no comedown outside of the obvious fiending. it took very little time to build up a tolerance to the spice, by which point weed stopped doing anything for me. eventually a bowl would keep me buzzed for an hour or two. i started smoking in the bathroom or behind the dumpsters at work every half hour or so just to get through my shift before losing it for unrelated corona reasons. i got a hookup on the street tucci after the boyfriend who introduced me to it broke up with me and left me back on the streets. it's barely been a couple of months and now between me and the other homeless kid i share a spot with, we could easily be spending forty usd a piece on spice every day if we had the money. except for when we first wake up in the morning and smoke our first blunt or when money or circumstances force us to take a break for a few hours, we're lucky to catch a decent high for a few minutes after smoking. it's almost like a cigarette but worse; we're not even smoking this shit to get high anymore, we're doing it out of compulsion and because anything more than a couple of hours without a fix is agitating at best and crippling at worst.

even when i was a suicidal needle junkie late last year and hit the closest thing i've ever found to "rock bottom," i was never this dysfunctional. my friend and i wake up every morning and the first thing on our minds is did we save a wake-up. spice comes before food, and we routinely go days without eating when before we used to get the munchies like weed on steroids. i spend damn near every waking moment panhandling so that we can afford to bus or walk downtown every afternoon to pick up. we have a circle of chronically homeless drug-using friends under a bridge who usually look out for us on days when we're strapped for cash and vice versa. once in a while, we'll wind up stuck with no way to smoke and have to spend the day sober. typically ends in panic attacks, suicide plans, bouts of dissociation, and unmanageable insomnia for both of us. if i don't smoke again the next day, i'm lethargic and disoriented. i've allegedly had depression since middle school but i've never been more unbearably miserable than when i can't smoke. all i can think about until my next hit is how badly i want to die just to make the dopesick stop. i've sucked it up and come off the stuff once since i started using it heavily, and after two or three days the withdrawal started to subside only to be replaced with the speediest mania i've ever felt. ended up smoking again anyway while i was manic and wound up right back where i started.

i should have never given spice the benefit of the doubt. plain and simple. i would rather withdraw from heroin again than try to stop smoking k2, and i don't even enjoy getting high on it anymore. it's just a dangerous, illegal, inconvenient drain on my wallet. at least smack felt good while it was burning holes in my wallet and trying to kill me. i'm beginning to just hate the feeling of smoking a spice blunt now.

so yeah. like damn near everyone across bluelight, reddit, discord, and tumblr told me so, spice is a garbage fucking drug. is there a "right way" to use it like with any other drug? i'm sure there is. do i think it's worth it to find out? abso-fucking-lutely not. literally just go smoke some weed and candyflip or something. and then whack yourself upside the head with a frying pan when you start to come down if you wanna get the full effect because i promise you that would still be more pleasant than smoking spice.

I read through your post and I agree the Stanley Tucci (k2), ain’t worth your time. I only Smoked it when I was in jail cuz there was literally no other option but every time you buy a new batch you are rolling the dices on whether you will go insane and rip all your clothes off or get kinda high.

If you continue to use that shit it will just get worse. It is a shit drug, absolute shit.

You are risking everything for a drug that has no positive effect, not even a decent high.

Do whatever it takes and quit that bullshit man. And not like in a couple months, right now.

I have never tried it and never will, even when it was a little less dodgy with the K2 and stuff from headshops originally. Horrible shit that fucks up even the most hardened of druggies. I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time mate. If any one has any doubts about the veracity of what Goaskalex is saying, check this out:

Spice... the only synthetic cannabinoid I ever smoked but I guess 10 years ago when you could just buy it in every headshop. The only thing i know is it was JWH-22 (could also be wrong), but this I knew long long after they forbid it. I never smoked another synthetic cannabinoid because the stories and deaths I read about it were horrible.

I can imagine you feel shitty. Stop it. It will go away and shouldn't last too long.

JJ

I hope you can improve your situation. It is a very bad insidious drug.

I replaced my very occasional weed smoking with it as a tiny amount seemed quite similar.
One time my partner saw me after i had a touch more than normal and lost it. My partner knew straight away i wasnt on weed and was extremely extremely concerned. I handed it over and never did any since.

It took months for weed to work again

This al when i smoked a tiny amount once a week at most.
It is a bad bad drug. Best of luck, hope you can get off it

Thank you for sharing your story, I really hope this successfully warns other people away from this utter shite, and that you successfully come off it for good.

I had two mates who tried it out of curiosity when it was legal and you could just buy it online. We all passed around a normal joint first and I was happily stoned. Then he tried this "blend" he ordered, I was the only one in the group to turn it down, was happy with my weed and etizolam and had already read so many bad stories and zero good ones related to the stuff.

I should also mention that when he rolled the spice joint he used like 95% tobacco and just a tiny tiny bit of spice on top and that's it.

At first they thought it was mild as not much happened, but eventually it hit all at once and they started full on freaking out. The woman whose house we were at had to lay down on the sofa and told us we had to leave because she couldn't be around people.

We left, but it was the middle of the night and we were about 30-40 mins from either of our places. They could literally not even walk because they had no depth perception and everything was shaking.

I called them a cab, got them back to my flat, let them lie there for about 2-3 hours and kept an eye on them while they recovered. They pretty much just passed out as soon as they got in, but luckily when they needed to throw up they got up and went in the loo rather than just choking up while lying down.

When they finally came to they were much more "with it" and thanked me profusely for looking out for them. I dread to think what might have happened if all of us had taken the shit, with no one sober to look out we'd have easily passed out in the street.

That's the only time I've seen someone on it, and much like any other spice story, it just warned me to never touch the fucking stuff.

This is also before it was illegal, so you had some idea of what was inside most of the products and what strength to expect. Today you have no fucking clue.

I never like spice my frend was addicted to it he started getting organ failure had to go to the hospital,

Yea man, I agree with you. I would call these Cannabis Analogues, but I think that term might actually be misleading. This shit is different. It should not really be associated with Cannabis.

I live in Vermont currently, in the city. In the central and more rural parts of the state "bath salts" and "fake weed" are a hige problem. My point is that we dont know a lot about these drugs other than that they fuck people up.

Using Methamphetamine as our standard, you will find that Bath Salt runs make Methamphetamine look like a healthy lifestyle choice.

Im not judging you even remotely. I just want you to be safe and happy and I think using the fake weed can be a major roadblock on this path. Hit me up if you need to talk

I would call these Cannabis Analogues, but I think that term might actually be misleading. This shit is different. It should not really be associated with Cannabis.

Afaik they are not cannabis analogues in any true sense of the word. They agonise the cannabinoid receptors, hence being labelled synthetic cannabinoids, but they aren't related in any sense at all to THC.

Afaik they are not cannabis analogues in any true sense of the word. They agonise the cannabinoid receptors, hence being labelled synthetic cannabinoids, but they aren't related in any sense at all to THC.

I have used spice twice in my life. All I can say is that I was very disappointed considering I was expecting something like Cannabis. It really fucked me up.

I have used spice twice in my life. All I can say is that I was very disappointed considering I was expecting something like Cannabis. It really fucked me up.

Yeah it's nothing like cannabis in the slightest. They target the same set of receptors but the similarities end there. Nasty shit.

The only times I have enjoyed synthetic cannabinoids was in combination with 3-fpm - trippy as fuck. But on their own, they're shite.

Just one extra toke is all it takes to make things go very bad...

Pre ban I bought spice gold, like weed, then spice diamond, more psychedelic.
POST ban, never touched it, the ingredients must have changed and from what I can gather change all the time.
An old friend of mine recently died of a heart attack after smoking the new spice, nuff said pls try to get off the stuff safely.

long-winded self-pittying intoxicated rant ahead.

i realize that i have a pretty long track record of giving zero fucks about the warnings of more experienced drug users when they tell me that a certain substance isn't worth it. i ignored every warning not to try heroin. i went back on a promise and started smoking meth. this is just kind of routine. but even i should have at least hesitated when the same forums and group chats that accepted my hard drug use (when practiced as safely and sensibly as possible, at least) all seemed to write off "fake weed" as complete and utter trash not to be fucked with at all.

but i didn't and i'd just like to take a moment to vent about how stupid that was.

it hasn't even been all that horrible, all things considered. i get my shit from the streets downtown, which is very much different than the shit my ex used to buy us online, which i hear is pretty different than the shit that they used to sell at gas stations and smoke shops. i haven't had any terrible reactions. i haven't seized up or gone on a psychotic rampage or thought that i was dying and called an ambulance. about the worst thing that's happened after smoking too much k2 was, like, a sixty-second episode of hallucinating bugs crawling on my belongings in front of me. (which was admittedly kind of terrifying, but apparently not terrifying enough for me to kick the habit.)

but even with the lack of any major physical side effects, this is easily the most hellish drug i've ever let myself get hooked on. i had an easier time stopping heroin. and meth. and benzos and drinking and crack and even binge eating. when i first started smoking it i could take a hit or two, be instantly shitfaced the second i exhaled, and stay fucked up for hours for way cheaper than with my usual combination of weed plus something harder. with a persistent weed-esque buzz for even longer and relatively no comedown outside of the obvious fiending. it took very little time to build up a tolerance to the spice, by which point weed stopped doing anything for me. eventually a bowl would keep me buzzed for an hour or two. i started smoking in the bathroom or behind the dumpsters at work every half hour or so just to get through my shift before losing it for unrelated corona reasons. i got a hookup on the street tucci after the boyfriend who introduced me to it broke up with me and left me back on the streets. it's barely been a couple of months and now between me and the other homeless kid i share a spot with, we could easily be spending forty usd a piece on spice every day if we had the money. except for when we first wake up in the morning and smoke our first blunt or when money or circumstances force us to take a break for a few hours, we're lucky to catch a decent high for a few minutes after smoking. it's almost like a cigarette but worse; we're not even smoking this shit to get high anymore, we're doing it out of compulsion and because anything more than a couple of hours without a fix is agitating at best and crippling at worst.

even when i was a suicidal needle junkie late last year and hit the closest thing i've ever found to "rock bottom," i was never this dysfunctional. my friend and i wake up every morning and the first thing on our minds is did we save a wake-up. spice comes before food, and we routinely go days without eating when before we used to get the munchies like weed on steroids. i spend damn near every waking moment panhandling so that we can afford to bus or walk downtown every afternoon to pick up. we have a circle of chronically homeless drug-using friends under a bridge who usually look out for us on days when we're strapped for cash and vice versa. once in a while, we'll wind up stuck with no way to smoke and have to spend the day sober. typically ends in panic attacks, suicide plans, bouts of dissociation, and unmanageable insomnia for both of us. if i don't smoke again the next day, i'm lethargic and disoriented. i've allegedly had depression since middle school but i've never been more unbearably miserable than when i can't smoke. all i can think about until my next hit is how badly i want to die just to make the dopesick stop. i've sucked it up and come off the stuff once since i started using it heavily, and after two or three days the withdrawal started to subside only to be replaced with the speediest mania i've ever felt. ended up smoking again anyway while i was manic and wound up right back where i started.

i should have never given spice the benefit of the doubt. plain and simple. i would rather withdraw from heroin again than try to stop smoking k2, and i don't even enjoy getting high on it anymore. it's just a dangerous, illegal, inconvenient drain on my wallet. at least smack felt good while it was burning holes in my wallet and trying to kill me. i'm beginning to just hate the feeling of smoking a spice blunt now.

so yeah. like damn near everyone across bluelight, reddit, discord, and tumblr told me so, spice is a garbage fucking drug. is there a "right way" to use it like with any other drug? i'm sure there is. do i think it's worth it to find out? abso-fucking-lutely not. literally just go smoke some weed and candyflip or something. and then whack yourself upside the head with a frying pan when you start to come down if you wanna get the full effect because i promise you that would still be more pleasant than smoking spice.

You are 100% RIGHT. It is the most EVIL shit. I smoked it once and then I was in outer space - just as a non-physical entity - and I knew that I was the only thing in the universe that existed and I was all alone (which is my biggest fear, being alone) and I had this overwhelming feeling of doom and anxiety and I KNEW that nothing was ever going to be okay ever again. I'm not religious but if I were I would be positive that I temporarily died and went to hell. I can't put into words how awful it was. One of the worst experiences of my life. I then "came to" to paramedics and was told I had had a grand mal seizure (which is weird because I had had seizures before and it's always just nothingness). Someone gave me a joint another time and told me it was weed but it was actually spice and the exact same thing happened.
From what I have seen, it makes people zombies and it just does NOT look fun.