• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I cant get high anymore

smallengine01

Bluelighter
Cant get high anymore shooting dope. I'm on 40mg mmt and smoke weed and shoot some dope here and there.
I've been on higher dose methadone and almost od a few times. The only difference is i recently quit a 4yr long benzo habit (it was awful). But I also stopped getting much of anything from the benzos, even with a break. I took 3 bars after no benzos for almost 2 months and it just relaxed me a bit, not what 6mg xanax should do.
It seems like I've got a permanent tolerance to the drugs ive abused. Oddly enough I can still get blitzed off of pot, especially wax.

Of course I know about tolerance, but this is different. I can do obscene amounts of dope and more will just make me feel weird.
Hoping someone can give some advice or tips on how to get rid of this

Thanks for reading

I am going through the same thing. If its not top tier product it barely phases me. Its goddamn irritating. Only solution is to find better product.

no real advice to give other than quit. After a couple years of shooting dope I stopped getting high and nodding completely. I would feel a rush but then just normal...no matter how much i did and however good it was. Just becomes medicine - which is why a lot of junkies, myself included, start shooting speedballs or smoking crack - cocaine is the only thing thatll get me "high" while the dope just keeps me well....nothing im sure u dont know already but thats my 2 cents...pretty normal problem once you get to a certain point of use/addiction

Use memantine. It's been demonstrated to prevent tolerance build up to opiates, alcohol and stimulants.

Other than that, why not just use less frequently? If you really want to get high frequently, consider rotating euphoric drugs. Seems to work for me. For me, drugs that make me feel happy are stimulants, opiates and a drug called GHB. What I do is I plan for the week ahead. So for example:

Monday - GHB
Tuesday - Opiates
Wednesday - Cocaine/speed
Thursday -Nothing
Friday - GHB
Saturday - Opiates
Sunday - Cocaine/speed

Use memantine. It's been demonstrated to prevent tolerance build up to opiates, alcohol and stimulants.

Other than that, why not just use less frequently? If you really want to get high frequently, consider rotating euphoric drugs. Seems to work for me. For me, drugs that make me feel happy are stimulants, opiates and a drug called GHB. What I do is I plan for the week ahead. So for example:

Monday - GHB
Tuesday - Opiates
Thursday -Nothing
Friday - GHB
Saturday - Opiates
Sunday - Cocaine/speed

i could get down with that if i wasnt a complete addict lol. Good for you man that sounds awesome! Never done GHB : ( always wanted to

i could get down with that if i wasnt a complete addict lol. Good for you man that sounds awesome! Never done GHB : ( always wanted to

Oh I don't actually follow this routine on a regular basis. Just suggesting it as an alternative to life-ruining addiction that seems to arise from using the same substance daily.

I wish I could use other drugs responsibly like that vancity lol. Dope and pot are the only things I do, I used to do just about everything I could get my hands on. I'm on methadone too, I'm thinking now that I just need to get off this cycle. I don't even really feel sick when I don't use just a little sick and mental stuff. I'm trying to get my hands on a few benzos just for a 5 day detox off of the dope to deal with it. Its not even worth it, even high grade expensive stuff, fentanyl nothing works. I just get a little buzz in my stomach for a few seconds and feel a bit of a lifted mood and a bit sleepy. I used to nod the fuck out!! oh well

Well that just happens.

I lost magic from opiates and decided that it is time to do something about it and started ORT and finally stopped it over six months ago. I've tried opiates once recreationally since then and I couldn't get anything out of it and won't try again.

Now it seems like MDMA and similar have also lost the magic and I'll be stopping to use those too unless a month break won't do anything about it.

Monday - GHB
Tuesday - Opiates
Thursday -Nothing
Friday - GHB
Saturday - Opiates
Sunday - Cocaine/speed

When i was 15 years old i had the exact same theory. I said yep as long as i rotate my drugs everyday i wont get addicted. Here i am 15 years later on methadone, benzos recovering from meth and heroin habit.

The methadone is blocking the H . I found that couldn't feel other opiates until about 10 days after the last dose of methadone. Only opiate I could feel while on methadone was demeral . It is a synthetic opioid and works a little differently than other opiates may be why it works so good with methadone.

Take a break fo8r a while. I stopped sm8oking weed a couple years ago. A couple of mon8ths ago, I found a tiny roach in my couch and s8aid fuck it. I hit it about th8ree times and was lit for nearly an h8our. When I was smoking on the regul8ar, it took an ent8ire blunt to make me even half as h8igh as that roach did.

The methadone is blocking the H . I found that couldn't feel other opiates until about 10 days after the last dose of methadone. Only opiate I could feel while on methadone was demeral . It is a synthetic opioid and works a little differently than other opiates may be why it works so good with methadone.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I've found taking methadone regularly makes it almost impossible to get high on much other than, sometimes more methadone.

Every before I got stable on methadone though, heroin wasn't that great for a long time leading up to that. It's weird though, there were times it was still great and I got really high, never worked out exactly why, something different about different batches maybe? I dunno. I just know that most of the time, apart form the rush of IV, heroin was fairly meh most of the time, but occasionally still pretty great often for little clear reason.

It's all so subjective to start with, so it's really hard to say. I'd bet methadone is part of the reason, but in the long term it's pretty common for most heroin addicts to just use to feel normal. Every so often it might still be great, in my experience anyway, for reasons I've never been able to work out.

I think a lot of it is subjective though, I'd swear ive experienced some pretty wildly different results from just taking the same dose of prescribed methadone form one instance to another. With no other clear mitigating factors.

Maybe its time to call it a day on the Heroin? I mean if it doesn't work anymore it might be your body telling you its had enough.

You could kick and clean up for a month. That will reset your tolerances. You'll be miserable for a little bit, but then good as can be. Might be good for your body too.

Maybe its time to call it a day on the Heroin? I mean if it doesn't work anymore it might be your body telling you its had enough.
Exactly you don't have to quit right away you can taper down then maybe have a medium dose in the weekend as a treat if you think you can without getting hooked again you should defo taper down slowly if nothing else and use less times in the day.

This can happen given the amount of time a person has taken a certain substance, something taking one substance can lead to tolerance of another so ive recently learned. I know this sounds hard but if you had the willpower to not do any drugs for a 5 days to a week and THEN took one of the substances you did, you will see a hella difference. I know as ive experienced it. In the short answer it is extreme body tolerance to abused drugs.