• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I can see my pupils

Thejackal5654

Bluelighter
No shit, they're freakin' HUGE!!! Bored and feel like typing so here goes..... Long story kinda short... I grew up/graduated during the great midwest pill rush of the mid/late 2000's, when no H or really ugly stuff/peop;e(least that I seen at the beginning) were around and all was fun and games and one big fucking party and EVERY doctor readily handed out highly potent opioids for problems such as headaches, sprained ankles and well... for pretty much fucking anything really... God love em!

Did the occasional drugs and what not, then at the age of 18 gotta new work partner. One day a random drug conversation came up and turns out he just had mass percocets... I've always had a near jew-like gift for financial management and money saving ability and one discussion with a family member and a few phonecalls later and BAM, next thing I know I'm driving an hour up the highway buying 200 p-10s then 100 7.5s later in the month... I'm thinkin... shit... I seen blow.... this is gonna be just like that (the first half of the movie, before crazy latinos, addictions and jail).. Then got into herb... Dont remember the exact moment, but I'm chillin in the basement one night (if your a successful 18-19 y.o. drug dealer and don't operate out of a bitchin subterranean lair, you ain't shit) with a pound or two on the desk, counting huge stacks of 20 dollar bills blowing huge rails getting blissfully high (the high you ONLY GET in the very beginning) and remember thinking... Shit.... I wouldn't mind feeling like this... ALL THE TIME!

So yea that was like 9 or so years ago.. Stopped a 45 mph car with my back and neck at 19 in a motorcycle crash(5 discs in my back, 3 in neck, fractured lamina, confined to a HALO, good times right there) Kept the train a rolling then got into subs, those went more south than anything, did 6 years blowing lines all day on them babys then one day said fuck the job I'm battin' down the hatches and I'm tired of these things... Well despite some setbacks after the initial w/d (pancreatits, every drug ever falling on my lap the moment I quit, etc, etc) I kicked subs cold. It sucked. The depression was soul crushing. Was running outta dough and kept hearing about this kratom jazz.... All natural baby!!! Gotta say, first time I took the stuff I got HIGH, for real, said "yea... here we go, this is the ticket" and founda new gig. One year later I stopped a 50+ G a day habit cold with the last dose being new years... I must say from my experiences this shit cannot even begin to compare to a real deal kick(Everyone thats in the know knows, "withdrawals" is a very subjective fucking word).... Took gaba and a few valium the first week and now taking a few lope to ease my rolling stomach and a shoota dxm depending on how bad my chills are, thats it. Feelin' pretty good. I thank god I hate alcohol(big up to clean peps with alcohol problems, i couldn't imagine having an aisle of roxis at the fucking CORNER STORE I could go buy), don't smoke ganja anymore, had my time with speed, coke and the other stuff, never tried H or meth nor want to, hate benzos on their own, highly fear gaba-ergics in general and opiates are out obviously .... Doesn't leave much... I'm cool with that.

So I'm trying this sober shit out... Been feeling sharpish and I like it. After 8+ years of a junk saturated brain though returning to a new, good demanding job this Monday has me a little stressed... Hows it work for you? What the fuck do sober people do? What new hobbies have you discovered since going "clean"? I've always loved cars/quads/anything with engines and am damn good with my hands so there's that. I really do enjoy helping people as long as they're not total cunts and show even the slightest loyalty and appreciation... Thought a lot about that... Some days I feel like destiny has a plan for me and my stars will shine, other days I feel lifes going to fist me with brass knuckles...

I'd like finish out by saying that kratom, while not "harmless" was an incredible stepping stone and provided a much needed buffer period and that also I wish my grammar was above the level of a 5 year old child and that if possible don't make all your grand kicks in the middle of a shit gray winter.

Last edited:
Hey, man, thanks for posting! Sounds like you've been through a lot...and put down a lot...so major congrats on that!!

As for what the hell to do after we put the drugs away, alas, there's no easy answer. That's one of the things that many of us on SL are trying to figure out, too. A lot of folks will recommend stuff like hobbies, exercise, getting good sleep and nutrition, etc. And these suggestions are spot on. But all that is easier said than done. Personally, I'm really struggling with this too.

My main advice, in light of your post, is simply to make your recovery your own. You mention that you're going to try "this sober shit" out, which is awesome. Just remember that nobody but you gets to decide what "this sober shit" really means. Obviously, yeah, it probably means not doing drugs that fucked up your life in the past. But beyond that, don't let anyone bully you into thinking of recovery in terms that don't ring true to you.

Keep us posted. And good luck!