• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I ate shrooms 3 times and tripped balls the first 2 times but not the 3rd time?

Kennyb.176

Greenlighter
The first time I ate shrooms was about 4 months ago and me and 2 friends each ate about 3 quarters of a eighth and we all tripped balls.

Then 4 days ago I ate half of a eighth and gave the other half to my girlfriend and we both had a good strong trip all night.

And last night I bought a eighth for me and I bought 2 grams for my girlfriend. They were the same exact shrooms as we took 4 days ago and i bought them from the same person, this time I ate the entire eighth to my self and she ate the 2 grams. She started to feel it after about 15-20 min as I felt nothing the night went on and she had a pretty good trip but mine never took affect I didn't even feel a slight body high or a head high nor did i see any hallucinations, why did she trip and I didn't if we ate the same exact muchrooms??

Sounds like regular tolerance, buddy. I'd recommend waiting at least a week between trips, preferably even longer. If you don't you're gonna start experiencing diminished effects

Could be tolerance, a biological anomaly, or improper handling of the mushrooms resulting in loss of potency. I've heard of people tripping hard 2 days in a row but psychedelic tolerance works in a strange way and builds very fast, it might take some people more time to shed this tolerance.

Honestly I think tolerance is not the issue; here's why.

You doubled your dose 72 hours after your previous trip. This dose (3.5g) should have given you at least equal effect to your last dose(1.7)

Psychedelics build fast but I don't think 1.7g 3 days earlier would completely block 3.5g.. the other way around would be totally plausible.

There's Theresa couple things it could possibly be

Mishandling or improper storage of the mushrooms(Like someone else said)

Or

Insufficient digestion of the mushrooms. This is likely what I think it is.
The actual flesh of the mushroom is quite difficult to break down inside the body and not all the active compounds get absorbed. The best way to ensure you're getting the full potential from your dose is to grind the mushrooms into a fine powder. A weed grinder works well for this but I would recommend getting a separate grinder for this rather than sharing one for weed and shrooms.

Also it's worth noting for the same reason as above; eat your mushrooms on an empty stomach. You don't have to starve yourself but wait 3 or 4 hours after eating your last meal before you eat your mushroom. Extra things being digested will potentially absorb part of your dose or distract your body by causing it to focus on the more easily digestible matter.

Some people eat their mushrooms with food to mask the taste, some make tea for the same reason.. I think honestly that's more effort and less result.

Grind em and if you hate the taste wrap it up in a tissue ball (or a couple seperate balls depending on the size of the dose. I can swallow about 1.5g at once this way). Chase with water or other tasty beverage. Easy peasy.
You can also put the mushroom powder into pill capsules.

Chewing them really really well also works.. but I don't think that many people would like doing that.. myself included. Not so much because of the taste but I find that it very easily gets stuck in my teeth.

Last edited: