• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

howlong after drinking 2 40s of 8% malt liquor should i wait to take sudoephrine apap

ghost762

Greenlighter
i have a flu, the only thing i have is sudofed with acetaminophen the pills are 20 years old. i found these pills in my late grandfather garage they said they were made in 1997. i pretty sure i picked up the flu in my neros office so i dont want to go to some walk-in qulinc

I'd say give it at least 5 hours but I mean if you take a normal dose of the ephedrine you shouldn't do too much or maybe any at all damage to your liver if that's what you're worried about just make sure your apap consumption stays below... id say 700 mg

I'd recommend not taking the acetaminophen if you drank the two 40s anytime in the recent past. If you had them within five days, the two could interact. I read on Go Ask Alice, which is run by Columbia University that alcohol could interact with acetaminophen taken as long as 5 days after you drink. If you drink heavily on a regular basis (or even moderately perhaps), it might not be a good idea to take the acetaminophen. As little as 3 drinks a day could be enough for the two medications to interact. Plus, the interaction between acetaminophen and alcohol can be extremely dangerous. The interaction has been known to cause serious liver damage that can occur rapidly. As someone who drinks quite heavily on a regular basis, I simply don't take acetaminophen. If you are sick enough to need medical attention, definitely do go to a doctor or walk in clinic as opposed to taking the pills. It is possible that you did get the flu from the doctor's office, but that's very difficult to say one way or another. So, this speculation shouldn't influence your decision as to whether or not to see a doctor.

Last edited:
I'd recommend not taking the acetaminophen if you drank the two 40s anytime in the recent past. If you had them within five days, the two could interact. I read on Go Ask Alice, which is run by Columbia University that alcohol could interact with acetaminophen taken as long as 5 days after you drink. If you drink heavily on a regular basis (or even moderately perhaps), it might not be a good idea to take the acetaminophen. As little as 3 drinks a day could be enough for the two medications to interact. Plus, the interaction between acetaminophen and alcohol can be extremely dangerous. The interaction has been known to cause serious liver damage that can occur rapidly. As someone who drinks quite heavily on a regular basis, I simply don't take acetaminophen. If you are sick enough to need medical attention, definitely do go to a doctor or walk in clinic as opposed to taking the pills. It is possible that you did get the flu from the doctor's office, but that's very difficult to say one way or another. So, this speculation shouldn't influence your decision as to whether or not to see a doctor.
^ This is very good advice and I think it's a bad idea to drink a bunch of malt liquor while you're sick. Taking acetaminophen so close together is risky. Why don't you just go to the store and buy some regular Sudafed?

That's a pretty ridiculous amount of alcohol to drink in one go when you're sick (pretty much two whole bottles of wine). At this point I'd suggest just trying to get some rest, and don't be surprised if you have a rough time when you wake up; having a hangover and the flu together can't be a nice experience.

Last edited: