• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to make my dilaudid last longer?

Oxyfaded

Greenlighter
Hey everyone.
I have one dilaudid left I take 4 per day but the pharmacy messed up and didn’t give me a supply for tomorrow.
I have a heroin tolerance so I am not opiate naive at all.
I have one dilaudid left, does anyone have any ideas to make it last longer so I’m not going to be sick for all day and night? Like could I make it into a “lean” mix to slowly sip it throughout the day?
I know I am going to get some form of PAWS but I just want to try make it last

Any ideas will be very helpful as when I get sick I get very very sick, like violently sick.
Thanks

Get a grip on impulsive dosing... I have this issue so.....
does anyone have any ideas to make it last longer so I’m not going to be sick for all day and night?
Prolly too late but find some kratom if ya can. It'll help ime.
In place of nothing else I would crush that pill to death and prolly eat the smallest piles one could create and chase with a shot of your fave alcoholic beverage.
It'll last longer ya just gotta wait and distract yaself with this and this is a beginning, no?

Hey there @Oxyfaded

So, by the way you're describing things, you're taking your Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) orally. I'm not sure how much you know, but not all drugs are absorbed as effectively as others. The terminology is bioavailability and this is going to vary from drug to drug, as stated, but each specific drug will often have a different bioavailability based upon how it is ingested. How a drug is ingested is typically referred to as its "Route of Administration". In short, different ways of entering the body will yield higher levels of a drug actually taking effect.

Intravenous medicine is typically 99%-100% available. The oral route of administration typically yields the lowest level of bioavailability and this holds true for Hydromorphone (Dilaudid). There is some variability in the literature, but the generally accept numbers are that Hydromorphone is about twice as potent via the intranasal route i.e. snorting/insufflating. If you find yourself in a pinch, you can essentially double the potency of a pill by insufflating it.

I thought long and hard about making this post. I have to give the real information for the sake of knowledge, but if you're using these things compulsively, switching your ROA is just a ticket to a higher dependence, which I don't think you want.

Hey there @Oxyfaded

So, by the way you're describing things, you're taking your Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) orally. I'm not sure how much you know, but not all drugs are absorbed as effectively as others. The terminology is bioavailability and this is going to vary from drug to drug, as stated, but each specific drug will often have a different bioavailability based upon how it is ingested. How a drug is ingested is typically referred to as its "Route of Administration". In short, different ways of entering the body will yield higher levels of a drug actually taking effect.

Intravenous medicine is typically 99%-100% available. The oral route of administration typically yields the lowest level of bioavailability and this holds true for Hydromorphone (Dilaudid). There is some variability in the literature, but the generally accept numbers are that Hydromorphone is about twice as potent via the intranasal route i.e. snorting/insufflating. If you find yourself in a pinch, you can essentially double the potency of a pill by insufflating it.

I thought long and hard about making this post. I have to give the real information for the sake of knowledge, but if you're using these things compulsively, switching your ROA is just a ticket to a higher dependence, which I don't think you want.
Thanks for the reply brother
I IV my dillies I don’t really know why as the high only lasts about 3 seconds my tolerance is WAY too high! And the heroin in Australia is pretty shitty anyway so I find myself shooting 3 whole grams at once it’s ridiculous

Get a grip on impulsive dosing... I have this issue so.....

Prolly too late but find some kratom if ya can. It'll help ime.
In place of nothing else I would crush that pill to death and prolly eat the smallest piles one could create and chase with a shot of your fave alcoholic beverage.
It'll last longer ya just gotta wait and distract yaself with this and this is a beginning, no?
Hey bro what do you mean by impulse dosing? I think I get the idea but not 100%
I’m definitely addicted like f*co to em, I iv them but the high only lasts about 3 seconds so I don’t even know why I do it, just addicted to that 3 second rush and the needle I guess, I want to get off this shit but kratom isn’t available where I am :(

Man i just want a dose but do not. It's not the least hardest way of not getting too.addicted/dependant/tolerance etc. If ya can skip a dose of anything ya almost there. I think comuplsion cause it is there and works. :) Tasty as well. gonna.pass and see if i am what i expct to feel in the am.
A moment
But yeah we know what impulse is and what kinda powers it can/will have on us.
I am not the first or last.I'm just somewhere stuck between and need prodding in some way. Maybe with a car bat idk
Sounds like a lot of work for no data in return.
Impuse
I cant do it ....
Do I not...?
There is a choice/making some right now. ;)
Strong

Thanks for the reply brother
I IV my dillies I don’t really know why as the high only lasts about 3 seconds my tolerance is WAY too high! And the heroin in Australia is pretty shitty anyway so I find myself shooting 3 whole grams at once it’s ridiculous
Aussie dope is so shitty you have to do a 3 gram shot with a 4 Dilaudid a day habit?😳.... 8mg Dilaudid?

You could try taking an NMDA antagonist like DXM or other dissociative which will decrease tolerance? I know from experience that lower tolerance means longer duration per dose.

Using small amounts of other depressants such as Diphenhydramine and other antihistamines, Alcohol, Dextromethorphan, benzodiazepines etc. can do a lot for future reference. Antihistamines such as Diphenhydramine or Promethazine are particularly effective, because not only do they potentiate opioids, they change the way your stomach metabolizes it further increasing effectiveness and duration. Using other depressants can change the way the drug might effect you, and can be risky with larger dosages. Always be mindful of this, it's not worth risking your physical safety.

Also I'm sure you are already aware, but adjusting your route of administration can also help quite a bit. Some ROA's hit faster, while some last longer. Some compounds offer the best of both worlds with certain ROA's! Harder hitting and longer lasting. Also, to avoid opioid withdrawal you dont necessarily need your usual dosage. You can absolutely take smaller amounts that normal in the future to pass the sickness!