Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How to IV 10mg/1ml Dilaudid -HP IM IV SC

justahigh

Bluelighter
I was wondering if anyone can suggest or help me safely use this drug. I've had years of injecting OxyContin pills, before they change the formula at which time I sought Help and got onto methadone, and have now been off methadone for about three months.

I'm debating as to whether I really want to use it, it's been in my possession for two weeks and I'm still only just looking at it. I had tried heroine when obtaining six pills a day got too expensive, at which time I also tried heroine to see whether that would be something that would work for me, but luckily, the only high I ever loved, was the one I got from OxyContin.

I've spent over six hours trying to look this up on blue light, but was unable to find anything, perhaps looking in the wrong place. I'm not sure whether this formulation should be used all at one time, or to start with half, and whether it should be diluted for IV use.

I'd appreciate hearing anyone's advice or experience in using this, and whether a high would be felt as well. This will be a one off thing but I don't want to be the last thing, as in the end of me.

just to clarify, have you been sober for the 3 months youve been off methadone? if so your tolerance is going to be non-existant and youll need minimal dosing. id start with 2mg (equal to 20 units in 1ml syringe).

if youre doing so well sober and youre having thoughts of staying that way, id say go with your intuition. it sounds like you want to stay clean.

I've spent over six hours trying to look this up on blue light, but was unable to find anything, perhaps looking in the wrong place. I'm not sure whether this formulation should be used all at one time, or to start with half, and whether it should be diluted for IV use.

So you used to shoot oxy. THen they changed the formula meaning when shooting oxy you couldn't get high anymore. So got on a program, got clean and all but am wanting/thinking of about having a shot for good ole times sake eh?

So you went out got some pills but you don't know if they're the new formulation or the old formulation which in turn dictates how much to prep/mix up/dose.

Well take a photo and/or the dimensions/symbols on the tablet so we can look it up in MIMs. That will tell you all of the pertinent details about the tablet i.e. date of production.

Also as crackbaby said you need to be real careful. You'd have no tolerance so you should start low no matter like 5-10% of the tablet and then redose after an hour or two. Once its reached peak plasma, so you can gauge its effect. Obviously no mixing with alcohol yeah, or any night swimming.

The dose of this is in my title, I apologise for not including it in my message. It is 10mg/1ml solution.

Im also wondering, this 10mg of hydromorphone, in a solution made for injection, comparatively to other opioids would be? Because this 10mg which surely be different to an oral dose of 10mg, right?
I do realise any dose must factor in: sex, age, weight, just about everything can change the way pharmacokinetics will play out as I know through personal experience. Im 5.5, 60 kg, female and was shooting 8 40mg oxycontin (the old kind), a day. This was however over a year ago.
After my spinal surgery i asked to stay on methadone at of a dose of 60, and every 2 weeks I reduced 2.5mg under the wonderful careful and caring of my psychiatrist. I had sacked two GP's who were ready to write methadone prescriptions for the rest of my life.

Its like for old times sake, but Im scared now. I was never scared.

Thanks, wise words and I wouldn't mix, thats how I stayed alive for 3 years (maybe), but this is a solution for injection. Pills I know unfortunately.
Its 10mg/(suspended in solution)/1ml. but I didn't know I could take a photo and post that really? How do I do that?

Really? I don't fucking believe it! No-one on here can tell me?
How many should I draw up?
Obviously .01 of 1ml % 10 mg = 1gm right? I've read some of the things people have tried and written about here. Or is this too boring. Np! I'll go it alone. But a big ? to the 2 that did I appreciated ur advice.

Sorry man, Australian Drug Discussion doesnt get as much traffic as we used to. It's not that people are ignoring you - they either havent seen it, or dont know the answer. Dilaudid isn't the most common street drug in australia.

You might get more replies in a busy subforum like Other Drugs.

I can move it there, if you like?
Posters from places like the US tend to be more experienced with hydromorphone, as it is more widely prescribed there i believe.

From my limited understanding, it's some very potent shit. If you are going to inject any, start low.
It sounds like your tolerance is probably pretty low - so just be careful.
But if you want more advice, i'm happy to move this to a busier subforum.

Really? I don't fucking believe it! No-one on here can tell me?
How many should I draw up?
Obviously .01 of 1ml % 10 mg = 1gm right? I've read some of the things people have tried and written about here. Or is this too boring. Np! I'll go it alone. But a big �� to the 2 that did I appreciated ur advice.

For an opiate naive person:

Results

Starting dose 0.5 mg Q3-4H
Peak (min)30-60mins
Duration (hrs)4-6
Usual dosing interval (hrs)3-4

A good thing to note that is that 10 mg of HYDROmorphone IV/IM = 40 mg of morphine. Considering a strong dose of morphine is 15-20mg then you've basically got 2-3X a standard dose.

That said I don't understand how you have it dissolved in 1ml of liquid. That's a pretty small volume of liquid. You should probably dissolve it into 10mls and that way you have 10mg to 10mls = 1mg = 1ml.

That way you can dose accurately and safely. Remember Justahigh, you've got no tolerance so be careful

Ok, so I tried it eventually, tonight. But the whole process took me back to a time where I had felt so much more courage, more like STUPIDITY. This made me shudder to realise my stupidity wasn't due to the fact I was naive and young, No! I was just plain old, simple STUPID!!
How had I survived, 3 years without making one fatal error? Was there such thing as luck?

So why was I tempting fate again? What the hell is wrong with me? Well actually, maybe it's due the attributes associated with "Borderline Personality Disorder." That's what I was diagnosed with about 12 months ago.

According to http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/borderline-personality-disorder/index.shtml#part_145386

Most people who have BPD suffer from:

Problems with regulating emotions and thoughts
Impulsive and reckless behaviour
(Ding, ding, ding ?on that one)

Unstable relationships with other people.
People with this disorder also have high rates of co-occurring disorders, such as depression, anxiety disorders,
substance abuse ?,
and eating disorders, along with self-harm, suicidal behaviors, and completed suicides.

I indeed show; impulsive and reckless behaviour, because I'm asking a question about drug dosage. (initial post).

But this is what I'd like to say about my thread topic

1. I did select a dose, which I eventually did administer &
2. This mental health illness, BPD and the prospect that one day and maybe sooner than later, I may have a more healthy, balanced, normal thinking brain like everyone else. Let me explain why.

Without a anyone's help (which I was furious about) I decided on a dose.
So I, (not the brainiest woman in the world) thought 10/mg /1ml would make or = .01mg/0.1ml.
Then I considered, if that's only 1mg of an opioid and mine was hydromorphone, then where should I start? My old self laughed at my now self, shaming me for dabbling in such a tiny, pitiful amount. At my worst, I would take the coating off 4 (pre new formulation) 40 mg OxyContin and injecting all in one dose.

But it had been a year since then and only 3/12 off Methadone. I wasn't even sure if I had zero tolerance.

But something was very new to me. For the first time in my life, that little ampule sat in a secret place for over 2 weeks, and some days I forgot it was there. And every time I did recall I had it, it was the wrong time of day should something go wrong and I had a long list of: why nots!!

Since my Dx and tapering off methadone, I have done a lot of inter personal work including Dialectical Behaviour Therapy where you learn coping skills, ones that I've never had before and so couldn't utilise till now.

I every hour I had checked my post, praying someone could just tell me how much to take, but barely a thing and NO direct advice on how much to use. And so I got mad, feeling abandoned (another trait of BPD) by the ONLY people who should really understand me. So I sulked. Not for long this time, because I had a thought that had never entered my mind before. Maybe? People are scared? Too scared to suggest anything? IDK!
If that was true? Thank-you ?

I know I'm not there yet (normal brain) but now, I do know I'm much closer. Because yesterday I drew up only 0.1ml. And tonight when I went to use it I decided to only use 1/2 of that.

And yes, I felt a rush, and NO, it was nothing like OxyContin which made me feel euphoric and alive and capable. No, this was very strong and as it ran through my veins and up into my head, a panic set in faster than the drug traveled and I was fearful that I had taken too much and would die. And then a numbness and dullness enveloped my brain. I could feel this thick fog dampening my senses. And I hated it! And then I hated me for being such a dick! Nothing i had just felt was worth the sensation I was feeling now.

I squirted the rest down the sink, grabbed the 0.9 I had left in the tiny ampule and tipped that down to.
Then took my grateful sorry arse down to bed to let my head defog back to normal which I hastened with mindfulness.

Thanks for letting me share this. Xx

For an opiate naive person:

Results

Starting dose 0.5 mg Q3-4H
Peak (min)30-60mins
Duration (hrs)4-6
Usual dosing interval (hrs)3-4

A good thing to note that is that 10 mg of HYDROmorphone IV/IM = 40 mg of morphine. Considering a strong dose of morphine is 15-20mg then you've basically got 2-3X a standard dose.

That said I don't understand how you have it dissolved in 1ml of liquid. That's a pretty small volume of liquid. You should probably dissolve it into 10mls and that way you have 10mg to 10mls = 1mg = 1ml.

That way you can dose accurately and safely. Remember Justahigh, you've got no tolerance so be careful

Thanks so much, to my one and only. <3

Sorry man, Australian Drug Discussion doesnt get as much traffic as we used to. It's not that people are ignoring you - they either havent seen it, or dont know the answer. Dilaudid isn't the most common street drug in australia.

You might get more replies in a busy subforum like Other Drugs.

I can move it there, if you like?
Posters from places like the US tend to be more experienced with hydromorphone, as it is more widely prescribed there i believe.

From my limited understanding, it's some very potent shit. If you are going to inject any, start low.
It sounds like your tolerance is probably pretty low - so just be careful.
But if you want more advice, i'm happy to move this to a busier subforum.

Thanks so much, I will remember that in future, and you could have move it, I wouldn't have minded.

Why is it, that the Australian Drug Discussion isn't getting as much traffic? Did something happen?

Maybe because there's hardly anything left of the streets except for stupid ICE, horrible.

After posting what dose I eventually took, should I have blogged that rather than publish in this thread? Although I'm now a blue lighter it's been a long time between drinks (visits at blue light).