• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How to get the most out of your Lyrica (Pregablin)?????

MrMar1989

Greenlighter
The first time I did it recreationally was about 4 months ago where I took 8 75mg (600mg) and felt absolutely fantastic, however on other occasions to get the same effect I literally doubled the dose (1600mg) to get the buzz I had previously. What's up with the tolerance issue? Can anyone shed any light on this? The story is I have been upped my dose on the stuff and now I get the 150mg capsules and the other week I ended up taking over 4g of the damn stuff!!!! Though I must stress I DID NOT enjoy the effect, I became jittery and having uncontrollable muscle twitches and jerks and really frightened me, besides that 1 off occasion the next day I took 900mg during the day and NO EFFECT!!! Now I am guessing I need a break, just how long though would I be able to reach a decent effect from as little as 600mg again? I don't know if they potentiate other drugs like Zopliclone or Diazepam which I have on my possession. From reading up on here it takes at least a week to reverse tolerance is this true but in my case maybe longer, advice greatly appreciated.!!!!! ;)

The first time I did it recreationally was about 4 months ago where I took 8 75mg (600mg) and felt absolutely fantastic, however on other occasions to get the same effect I literally doubled the dose (1600mg) to get the buzz I had previously. What's up with the tolerance issue? Can anyone shed any light on this? The story is I have been upped my dose on the stuff and now I get the 150mg capsules and the other week I ended up taking over 4g of the damn stuff!!!! Though I must stress I DID NOT enjoy the effect, I became jittery and having uncontrollable muscle twitches and jerks and really frightened me, besides that 1 off occasion the next day I took 900mg during the day and NO EFFECT!!! Now I am guessing I need a break, just how long though would I be able to reach a decent effect from as little as 600mg again? I don't know if they potentiate other drugs like Zopliclone or Diazepam which I have on my possession. From reading up on here it takes at least a week to reverse tolerance is this true but in my case maybe longer, advice greatly appreciated.!!!!! ;)
How long have you been taking it daily for?

I am prescribed 150mg 3x a day for my fibromyalgia. The other day, I took 750 mg and it had no effect. I've been on lyrica for years, so I don't how much I should take. And I certainly don't want to experience what MrMar1989 experienced! Lyrica works really well on my nerve pain and I find it helpful, in combination with benzos to help calm opioid withdrawal. Maybe I just shouldn't play with it, but I don't have any opioids and I really can't mess around with my xanax or my sleep schedule goes off the charts. So, I'm getting my lyrica today, and I'm pretty sure I'll mess with it. But I certainly don't know what dose with which to start!

Before I share my lyrica experience, I want to preface it with the fact that I've been prescribed Lyrica for over 10 years and I have a high tolerance to it. Nobody should take the dose I took unless they also have a high tolerance for it. I took 3000 mg last night. I didn't experience the E or G experience some people talk about. It was like an opiate and benzo high. I felt completely elaxed. All of my muscle tension gone. I was nodding a bit and I had blurred vision. So, I closed my eyes and listened to music. When I woke up this morning I did experience some loss of muscle control and lack of coordination, but that went away after a few hours. I still felt a little tipsy all day. It was definitely still in my system. First, I took 10 150 mg capsules. I felt slightly more relaxed, but nothing to write home about. After about 20 minutes, I took the other 10 capsules, and soon thereafter, I was really high.