• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to define anxiety

A

Anonymous guy12345

I've been 10 years on Ritaline and have always been uneasy, and kind of sedated by this medication. It hasn't helped me socially.

When I stopped using it and started my apprenticeship I gained a boost in confidence, and did so many things (fucked for the first time, accomplished my skydiving license, made new friends picked up a new sport and so on...)

But I started getting bad grades at school due to not being enough attentive, at work too, I would do stupid mistakes which started to build up a strong anxiety and stress.

Since I'm on my final year of my apprenticeship I'm putting all my chances on my side and so I started a new treatment: Elvanse, or rather Vyvanse for others.

Since I started this treatment my grades and my performance at work has sky rocketed.

But I'm now drained and sedated, and emotionnaly feel empty once again.

For example telling a joke and instead of laughing at how bad it was, I feel horribly uneasy and uncomfortable, I'm loosing and have lost lots of self confidence, and I'm not very social at the moment.

I fucking hate that feeling, but I know that continuing the treatment until the end of the year will make me pass.

But what can I do ???

I don't sleep very well either I'm spending too much time playing video games, but it doesn't make a difference because as soon as I take this pill, I'm isolated in my world of focus and concentration. I juste don't seem tonne appreciating life than before when I stopped medication.

Do you thing something could help me like, Xanax or whatever meds that relieves from anxiety ? And is it safe to mix with amphetamine meds ? (Precisely Loaded amphetamine)

I'm tired of this cage trapping my real personality.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

tell your doctor about your symptoms. the doctor that RX'd the ritalin in the 1st place.

anonymous ---> BDD

My brother was on a few different ADHD meds throughout school to help him focus. He eventually found that taking a "vacation" from the meds a few days a week worked best for him as he also did not care for the way they made him feel but could not get through school without them. He took them Mon-Thurs to help get through his classes then skipped Fri-Sun to give him a break. Depending on your school schedule that may be something you could try. I would not recommend adding a benzodiazepine if the amphetamine already causes sedation and apathy. It will just enhance those effects. There has been some efficacy in using certain beta blockers to help anxiety such as verapamil and propranolol which may be a good choice for generalized anxiety, especially if the amphetamines tend to raise your heart rate/blood pressure. Definitely talk it over with your doctor and see if there's a solution the two of you can come up with together. Best of luck!