• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How to cure a cold fast?

RomanJ

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any cold remedies? I'm supposed to be going to a rave tommorow, the first in years, but I feel so ill with a cold today that I don't think I'll be able to go.
How can I get rid of it fast?

I don't really know sorry but I think manuka honey has been said to be good for healing and things like the cold. Lots of rest/sleep. Plenty fluids and nutritious food.

Does anyone have any cold remedies? I'm supposed to be going to a rave tommorow, the first in years, but I feel so ill with a cold today that I don't think I'll be able to go.
How can I get rid of it fast?
Citrus
Chilli
Garlic

This combo always helps for me

Go to the shop. Get 8 big oranges, 6 big lemons, 6 limes.
Squeeze the juices, mix, split into 2 drinks. Drink 1 straight away and 1 before bed.
Get yourself fresh garlic. Eat 1 or 2 piece every 1 or 2 hours until you brush your teeth and use mouthwash before the rave. Avoid burping on anyone.
Hot chilli or chilli sauce, as hot as you can handle, you want it hot enough to make you sweat, make your nose run, make your eyes water. You can compensate for the afterburn with plain greek yogurt.
Have a teaspoon of the sauce or a chunk of the chilli pepper every hour alongside your garlic, and also heavily flavor every meal with it.

This works for me almost every time. I call it the 'kill or cure' method 👍

Last edited:
Citrus
Chilli
Garlic

This combo always helps for me

Go to the shop. Get 8 big oranges, 6 big lemons, 6 limes.
Squeeze the juices, mix, split into 2 drinks. Drink 1 straight away and 1 before bed.
Get yourself fresh garlic. Eat 1 or 2 piece every 1 or 2 hours until you brush your teeth and use mouthwash before the rave. Avoid burping on anyone.
Hot chilli or chilli sauce, as hot as you can handle, you want it hot enough to make you sweat, make your nose run, make your eyes water. You can compensate for the afterburn with plain greek yogurt.
Have a teaspoon of the sauce or a chunk of the chilli pepper every hour alongside your garlic, and also heavily flavor every meal with it.

This works for me almost every time. I call it the 'kill or cure' method 👍

Wow thanks 👍
I'm gonna go down the shop now.

I don't really know sorry but I think manuka honey has been said to be good for healing and things like the cold. Lots of rest/sleep. Plenty fluids and nutritious food.

I've had some Welsh honey, does that count? 😂

After a quick Google that Manuka honey can be stupidly expensive.

Wow thanks 👍
I'm gonna go down the shop now.
Yep everything he said!! Also lots of water and rest as much as you can beforehand. You're probably gonna feel like absolute shit after the rave but continue with the garlic, lemon and chilli, and lots of water and rest. If you've got a headache, sore throat, and those viral aches and pains, take 2 tylenol and 2 ibuprofen at the same time (they work better together) just before the rave. Then repeat that when you get home after the rave. It'll help.

There's a German saying, 'a treated cold will last a week, an untreated one 7 days'.
That's to say, once you have a cold it will basically run its course.
Vitamin C does help to support your immune system, and a hot lemon with honey is comforting ; but really all you can do is ease the symptoms of a cold. There's no way to hurry it along.

How ill you feel with it and how quickly you recover depends on the viral load and your general state of health. I wouldn't recommend going to the rave but if you're bound and determined, you'll want some fairly strong pain killers and a load of caffeine. And then be prepared to feel worse in the morning.

There's a German saying, 'a treated cold will last a week, an untreated one 7 days'.
That's to say, once you have a cold it will basically run its course.
Vitamin C does help to support your immune system, and a hot lemon with honey is comforting ; but really all you can do is ease the symptoms of a cold. There's no way to hurry it along.

How ill you feel with it and how quickly you recover depends on the viral load and your general state of health. I wouldn't recommend going to the rave but if you're bound and determined, you'll want some fairly strong pain killers and a load of caffeine. And then be prepared to feel worse in the morning.
Thanks, I did think about not going but this is the first rave/club event I've been to since 2005 so I've been really looking forward to it.

I took the advice earlier and had loads of citrus juice and 2 cloves of raw garlic, had a nap and I woke up feeling a bit better so hopefully if I do the same before bed I'll be feeling ok by tomorrow morning.

Wish I knew what to tell ya but I will say not what they sell OTC in American pharmacies

I've had some Welsh honey, does that count? 😂

After a quick Google that Manuka honey can be stupidly expensive.
Since being sober I've been justifying spending silly amounts on all sorts of stuff 😆 I'll be like fuck that's pricey... Then remember i'd normally have had that spent in one night 😂

May not get rid of the cold but from experience ya will forget ya have it for a while... it helps a lot.
6O4fI9e.png

Well, I think the citrus juice and garlic helped a lot but I think I ruined any positive benefit by staying up late and getting drunk on Friday night.
The rave was a blast was good to have a dance again.
Felt really bad when I got home last night, massive headache and throwing up. Feeling fine now though so thanks for all the suggestions 👍