• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Ketamine salts solubility

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea behind this is TMA-2 aka 2,4,5-trimethoxy-amphetamine. I can't tell if the nitrogen is in the correct position because it's not on pubchem and I don't have the 3d viewer component of chemsketch.

1-6-7-dihydro-2-H-furo-2-3-f-1-3-benzodioxol-7-yl-ethan-1-amine.jpg

The idea behind this is TMA-2 aka 2,4,5-trimethoxy-amphetamine. I can't tell if the nitrogen is in the correct position because it's not on pubchem and I don't have the 3d viewer component of chemsketch.

1-6-7-dihydro-2-H-furo-2-3-f-1-3-benzodioxol-7-yl-ethan-1-amine.jpg
I found a 3d viewer. The nitrogen is a bit off. I wonder if it's still active just less potent.

I keep pointing out that the most basic key is the aromatic being in a very specific relative position to the N: and any compound that fails that simple rule won't work. I even noted how diverse stimulants such as cocaine and amfonelic acid STILL obey that rule. An extra furan ring will still alter that relative position,

PucChem even lets you view them in 3D.

But I'm not going to sit down and work out the SMILES AGAIN qhen it could and should be added to the image along with the IUPAC name.

I keep pointing out that the most basic key is the aromatic being in a very specific relative position to the N: and any compound that fails that simple rule won't work. I even noted how diverse stimulants such as cocaine and amfonelic acid STILL obey that rule. An extra furan ring will still alter that relative position,

PucChem even lets you view them in 3D.

But I'm not going to sit down and work out the SMILES AGAIN qhen it could and should be added to the image along with the IUPAC name.
NC(C)C1COc2cc3OCOc3cc21

I found an online 3d .mol file viewer and the nitrogen isn't quite right. I wonder if it would be active but with a reduced potency?

What I know:

Accessing paywalled journal articles can be challenging for many people, especially students and researchers who may not have access to expensive journal subscriptions. However, there are several ways to access paywalled journal articles, some of which are:

1. Check with your institution: Many universities and research institutions have subscriptions to various academic journals. Check with your institution's library or online database to see if they have access to the journal you need.
  2. Request the article from the author: If the article you need is not available through your institution, try contacting the author of the article directly. They may be willing to send you a copy of the article.
  3. Use academic search engines: Some academic search engines such as Google Scholar, JSTOR, and Sci-Hub can provide access to many paywalled journal articles. Sci-Hub, in particular, has gained popularity as a platform to access many articles for free.
  4. Join a professional organization: Many professional organizations offer access to academic journals as part of their membership benefits. Consider joining a relevant organization to access their journal subscriptions.
  5. Public libraries: Some public libraries offer access to academic journals through their online databases. Check with your local library to see if they have access to the journal you need.

It's essential to remember that accessing paywalled journal articles without proper authorization can be illegal and unethical. It's always best to use legal and ethical means to access academic articles.

It's essential to remember that accessing paywalled journal articles without proper authorization can be illegal and unethical. It's always best to use legal and ethical means to access academic articles.
In my opinion, it's unethical to keep access to journal articles - and in particular the data and information within - restricted to only those with enough financial, social and cultural capital. I would also argue that academics have a moral obligation to ensure their publications are disseminated in an accessible and socially-responsive manner. Whether it's through open access publications, libraries like Sci-Hub or other means, I do feel academics have a moral responsibility to dismantle and deconstruct the many inherently exclusionary structures in academia.

Last edited:
There are a couple of other options also. These days most-academics and researchers publish their Pre- and/or Post-print versions of papers on an Open Access Repository. @Skorpio and @Imaginarium have listed some key ones and the general idea. Open Access is growing and is endorsed, encouraged, and supported by uncountable numbers of individuals and institutions.

Note that the whole edifice of scientific knowledge and truth is founded on the strength and integrity of Peer Review. The vast majority of Open Access Repository articles are self-archived articles with no peer review. You could make up whatever you want and file in an archive you have access to. Which commonly happens in sites like researchgate.net and academia.org

So note that when you access a paper on a Open Access Repository you need to be a little careful about recognising whether you are reading is Pre-print, Post-print, or Final (there are other common names for these three article types as well). When citing other articles in your own publication you would want the Final Version - which is almost always the paywalled one.

Pre-print: the version submitted to the journal and prior to refereeing.

Post-print: the version after refereeing but without publisher formatting and accepted by the journal for publication

Final: the ‘version of record’ as it appears in the journal

There may be multiple and often inconsistent Pre- and Post- versions of an individual paper to be found online. But the Post-Print version is also often identical in terms of research content/data/conclusions as the Final version.

Here is a useful list of dozens of Open Access Repositories:

I want to call this "methylenedioxyindeno-ethanamine"
or "MDIEA" this one isn't on pubchem.

I have been paying close attention to various chemicals with phenethylamine and tryptamine structures and I believe that the nitrogen in this is closer to lying in between MDAT and MDMA than MDAI.

The idea was to place the nitrogen close to the same position as harmaline, yet not constrain it into a ring so that it will not be so planar as MDAT, MDAI, and harmaline.

"MDIEA" is designed so that the nitrogen will be higher than MDAI (closer to MDAT and harmaline in position) and also the nitrogen should be more offset and closer to the "magic position" compared to MDAT, MDAI, or harmaline (which are all too flat).

So here it is and I think it would be really interesting to try it for comparison.
Especially if one had experience with MDMA, MDAT, and MDAI it would neat to compare this.
methylenedioxy-indeno-6-yl-ethan-1-amine.jpg

So I Have been trying to design a new compound which keeps the nitrogen in a magic position and this is what I came up with. I checked it out in the 3d viewer and it looks better to me than some of the other chemicals I have been drawing.

What do you guys think about this?
Is this the PV replacement everyone is wanting?
nonamenew.jpg

It's a tertiary amine so you need a beta ketone. This is more like it:

I recall methylphenidate derivatives with increased SERT activity with that extra methyl.

The aromatic has a limited amount of space and so offsetting them doesn't help.

I'm not saying it's GOOD, but I'm pretty sure it's active.

What does PubChem say? Substructures and Related Structures should turn something up. ChemSpider will tell you if anyone is MAKING it.

BTW the actual INTENDED activity in important. Quite a few odd compounds have turn up when they were tested a cancer medications.... i.e. chemotherapy, I sign of toxicity.

I think I like this better. This is designed to be a 4-MMC like drug. The oxygen is to hopefully prevent this from being an MAOI (Same position as beta MeO, beta keto, and beta hydroxy which greatly attenuate MAOI activity).

I had previously thought that beta methoxy would be a better replacement for beta keto but after seeing all of my beta MeO creations in a 3d viewer I realized that this configuration is closer to beta ketone.

noname06.jpg

Their are exact matches including patents, papers, CAS numbers, common names and vendors.

Do you see how annoying it is when others don't provide SMILES? Any idiot can sketch something in 10 second.... for someone else to spend the time redrawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.