How the hell do you pronounce Ashke?!

Ashke

Bluelighter
I've been asked this by a few bluelighters, so I'll tell ya.
The sounds are:
Ahh (like open wide and say ahh)
shh (like hush, be quiet)
Kuh (like... um. Uh. Shit.
smile.gif
)
Whatever. Now say it fast, mushed all up into one syllable. That's how you say it.
smile.gif

~*~ Ashke ~*~

I've been pronouncing it "Ash-key"... and that's how I'm going to continue to pronounce it, cuz Loupy didn't correct me.
wink.gif

Did I say Ash (like off a cigarette) and Kee (like what makes your car start)?! NOOOO! REPENT MORTAL, OR FACE MY WRATH!!!!
*lol*
Dear god, what's gotten into me today. I think it was the 'let's not sleep tonight' idea I decided to go with yesterday...
~*~ Ashke ~*~

Well, not that you'd be proud'a me but a got it right the first time. I learned my "Ahh's" and my "Ka's" during a relationship with a German girl. Sometimes I find myself saying shit like, "Frahhance" and "pahhance" and "kuh" where is should be silent. It does sound much better though!
Hahhhav, not Have
smile.gif

damn, i always thought it was pronounced "weird-ass-chick-that-posts-kewl-ass-shit-key"
but thats just me and my fucked up english...
------------------
"Never never never never never never let me me go" she says
"Hold me like ths for a hundred thousand million days"
but suddenly she slows
and looks down at my breaking face
"why do you cry? what did i say?"
"but its just rain" i smile
brushing my tears away...
-Spencer

I didn't correct you Motab, but I DID pronounce it correctly the whole time and you just didn't learn from my example. Hmph. Like I'm talking to brick walls sometimes! Hehehe
smile.gif

Tho I suppose one doesn't CARE how one pronounces shit when they're rolling face.
Loupy

I feel this is the best way to pronounce her name......AHHHHHSSSSHHHHHHKUUUUUUHHHHH. I was pronouncing it like Motab, but I lived in Germany for 2 yrs, so I know what offramp your taking.
later
plur
steve

Loupy:
Ask spencer or ampex or anyone I hang out with regularly; talking to me has been compared to talking with Glade's vanilla scented carpet deodorizer.
smile.gif
That's just Motab though.
smile.gif
Ahhhshkuh... ahhhhshkuh... ahhhhhh shkuh aahhhhh... CHOO!
wink.gif
ok... ahshkuh. yeah. got it.
biggrin.gif