• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How much would you need to be paid for quitting drugs?

there is more to life than money op. i had to laugh when i read the thread title.

If someone offered me 50-75k a year to stop using drugs, I'd take it in a heart beat. Drugs are without a doubt one of my favourite things in life and whilst I like earning money so that I can take drugs, 50-75k a year would be a lot if all I have to do is sacrifice an activity I enjoy which I could replace with travelling/saving for a house/new car etc.

However, if there was a pre-requisite that if I was to take this offer I could never take drugs again and stop recieving payments after a few years then I doubt I would take it. I don't plan to ever stop taking drugs, I very much like the idea of in 50 years time me being an old retired man sitting on my porch smoking some budd or occasionally dipping into my bad of MDMA. Drugs are not something I wish to be taken away from me at all, but I reiterate the joy I could get from 50-75k a year to not use drugs would give me a hell of a lot of joy too. Drugs are a very convenient way to enjoy my life, but being paid a grand a week just not to take them would make my life awesome.

about 500k and a sick ass car. I would figure out the rest as I went along in my new old Mercedes. But not antique old just like 80's old

If someone offered me 50-75k a year to stop using drugs, I'd take it in a heart beat.

Why not just get a decent job, most pay around that sort of money and continue to use drugs? This is a serious question, if you'd said something like $1,000,000 a year, I may see your side a little better.

Just gimme the money. I'll tell you I'm clean, if you want me to. I'll even make it convincing.
Heavy machinery and children are not part of my professional scope.
Unless they are obviously creating a problem in the workplace, I think employers should respect the privacy of people do do what they desire outside of work hours. Drug testing in the workplace needs to be maintained as a special-cases safety precaution, not used as a means of descriminating against people.

Last edited:
Why not just get a decent job, most pay around that sort of money and continue to use drugs? This is a serious question, if you'd said something like $1,000,000 a year, I may see your side a little better.

I'm a student at uni and I work two jobs. And get roughly 25k a year. I would not work for 50-75k with a pre-requisitie of quitting drugs, but if that money was handed to me and all I had to do was stop using drugs I would take the money. For it to be a job in which I was not aloud to take drugs I think the pay would have to be 125k+ a year and even then I would probably stick to drug use over the money.

Unless they are obviously creating a problem in the workplace, I think employers should respect the privacy of people do do what they desire outside of work hours. Drug testing in the workplace needs to be maintained as a special-cases safety precaution, not used as a means of descriminating against people.

This. Unless your safety in the workplace could potentially be adversely affected by the more commonly daily-used rec drugs (opiates, weed, *some* stims), it should be none of your employers business. Unless of course it's really obvious you're blazed as fuck, regardless of your productivity lol.

Personally I might even perform better in my position if I were high lol, though I'm averse to the idea of being under the influence of a depressant of any kind at work. Amphetamines are slightly different imo, but it's still not really advised to be buzzing in the office imo :p

That's all well and good, I am sure that I perform better an meth at work also, for the first couple of days anyway. After that I have to be very cautious about making snap decisions, some of which I would make easily fully straight.
The point I am making, is that at some stage, let's face it, drug use gets out of control and in my opinion should be taken out of the hands of the user. Of course I do not say this for every industry, indeed, I am sure that some occupations go better bent, but definitely there are those that it is in the public interest to reduce the chance of accidents, and statistical evidence indicates drug use fails at this.

^ I'm happy to sell my labour, but when the question of invasions of privacy come into it, I'd consider it selling more than a normal employment contract agreement - more like selling my soul.
What I'm getting at is that drugs and work can be kept separate by mature users.
If you're competent and not showing up wasted, I don't see how it is dangerous. Accidents are really a non- issue in my profession.
It's an interesting question, but a happy work/life balance is far more important to me than money.
Each to their own, I suppose.

The point I am making, is that at some stage, let's face it, drug use gets out of control and in my opinion should be taken out of the hands of the user.

Ooohh, that's a pretty broad statement....

I agree with both above posts, but as an amalgamation: drugs shouldn't really be in the workplace. If you're actually using drugs AT work, you probably have an issue and your working situation needs adjusting. But by the same token, drug testing shouldn't be in the workplace either. Judge the worker by their performance.

I knew I had hit a low point in life when I was using stimulants at work (an office job - no heavy machinery, no saving babies, etc) simply because I could not find the motivation to go on otherwise. I kept going in that way for nearly a year before I bailed out (of the job). Nobody ever suspected that I was using anything. Because I was so miserable, the stims merely balanced me out and allowed me to continue doing something I was sick to death of.

There was no drug testing at my work place because there was no need for it, it really was just office work. But myself and a few others had our semi-secret vices simply because of the soul crushing nature of the never-ending 9 to 5 office existence. I've worked with alcoholics who VERY discreetly drank at work. People who not so discreetly smoked joints at work (how they could do that at lunch and carry on competently - which they did - has always been a mystery to me, weed would have <metaphorically> put a big sign on my head reading "I'm a crazy person"), and of course I've worked with stim users from the marketing department who were annoyingly productive and obnoxious in the office.

Don't do drugs at work!! If you do and it's obvious, then it just gives more fuel for the idiots who want to invade everyone's personal privacy and drug test after weekends or holidays. Be upstanding and reliable at work, then it shouldn't be an issue what you do in your own time.

<I know that's not how it is, but I'm stating that's how it should be: work well, be competent, get left alone>

I would be happy to live in a poor country, that has limited internet connections and technology, has limited varieties of food and generally third world, if drugs in that country were 100% legal to posses and use. Now think about how much I would need to be offered...no amount of money can give me the pleasure some drugs can. This is why the rich, arrogant, right-wing crazies hate us...we enjoy life more than they ever could, whilst presiding in a lower standard of living.

i don't think any price would make me stop..although i would probably cheat and say i would give up and then when i get the money spend it all on gear...i am terrible

Ironically most people would be more likely to stop due to a LACK of finances hahaha

I dunno, poverty and drug use have a long history of interconnectedness.
Whether they take away the stress and boredom of poverty - or ease the hunger pangs - not all drugs are $AU regular retail price.
If anything, Aussies are addicted to expendable income, hence our hyper-inflated black market.

How much are you offering? Will you be paying me direct? I'll take the 150 K thanks. Trips abroad don't count, a bit like tax evasion.