View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How much ketamine is too much ketamine?

surrogatesyphilis

Greenlighter
Hey, its always complicated for me to figure where and how to post at forums so Im sorry really if I messed up. Ive been doing ketamine for the last 4 years, at least once a week. I buy the 50mls bottle, cook about 15 to 20mls and snort it for example, during the weekend. I reserve ketamine for indoors only. Im not really into raves nor any other drug at all. guess its not much compared to other ketamine users I know, but Ive been quite consistent and regular (almost a weekly routine) on my use. Ive been feeling quite paranoid about the short/long term damage. Ive been getting headaches (more like a pressure on my head, not pain exactly) which I automatically relate to imminent brain collapse. So it might sound stupid, but I wonder how much and how long ketamine use should be before real consequences start appearing.I just dont really want to have a stroke at my 20s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be more worried about my kidneys and bladder.

I'm no expert, but there's a lot of info in the megathread about long term health effects of continued ket usage at a high rate.

Please don't type in white dude.

Yeah bladder and kidney issues are the usual result of ketamine abuse. It can eventually cause serious damage.

^that and perhaps mentally any delusions you may start having from being so dissociated all the time.

An old friend abused it heavily and would be howling in pain at the bladder issues and had to be rushed off to hospital for it.

See time travelling thread for more info...

.... How much is too much? This much:

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

8( 8( 8( 8(

I would say that yeah, that looks like too much. =D

If it's 50mg/ml, that's 1000mg a week. The big problem is that the damage is slow and continuous... at that level, it's like going out and getting hammered on booze once or twice a week. It won't really do you much obvious physical harm in the mid term (years) but decades of it will cause you some very serious long term health problems. Keep a VERY good eye on your bladder and urinary tract, that's where the physical damage is going to show up, as well as your nose potentially. If you're getting abdominal pains, passing blood in urine, urinating much more or less than usual, take it easy. For long term use (and always assume its long term use) I'd try and keep it under 1000mg a month. Don't worry, you're not zooming towards imminent bladder removal or anything, just keep the use reasonable, and stop completely if you get any urinary problems. You'll certainly be at a higher risk of urinary tract infections (which are generally harmless but scary if you use Ketamine), so try your best to keep your bladder healthy. Trust me, UTIs are unpleasant... Drink PLENTY of water, lay off the alcohol and caffeine intake. Your urine should never be dark yellow, only slightly so in the morning... if your piss looks like Lucozade Original, you're massively dehydrated, so do something about it :D

Purely from a harm reduction point of view, you also have to consider the route you take the Ketamine. There are no studies to prove this with Ketamine, but with many other substances it's the AMOUNT you take that matters. If you're taking 250mg insufflated to achieve a K-hole, you're doing double the damage to your urinary system than if you were to take 125mg via intramuscular injection... yet getting exactly the same effect (just with a different time scale), because IM has a far greater bioavailability than nasal use. If you've got pharmaceutical grade Ketamine, IM is a possibility and as long as it's done properly with alcohol swabs, brand new needles and syringes every single time, you're only doing the damage of an IM injection (which is fairly minimal, many very unwell people have thousands a year for life with little issue, it's nothing like IV at all). You're certainly doing more damage to your nose than you'd do to your deltoid muscles with properly performed IM. I'm certainly not advocating IM use because it's absolutely not for everyone (and even less so if you've not got sealed vials), but just be aware than you're using less to get the same effect, and in my humble opinion, the IM experience is far superior.

And of course, keep your mind... in mind. John Lilly did heroic amounts of Ketamine over his lifetime, and apparently suffered no ill physical effects (besides falling of a bike while high on another experimental dissociative, and nearly drowning in a hot tub while on Ketamine). And he wasn't exactly young either, the older you are the less resilient your urinary system is, the elderly very frequently get UTIs. John Lilly DID however have what some people would describe as periods of serious mental health issues because of it. Others believe every word he said was true, but that's irrelevant. Just remember that your mind will probably start to suffer long before your body will... pay close attention.

If you have to ask if you are using way too much of a drug, chances are that you are binging/abusing it, using way too much, and addicted to it.

If you have questions about a drug and how it effects your body both short and longterm, talk to a doctor or medical professional, and be truthful about your drug use, how much you use, how often, and any other drugs you use, take, or are prescribed. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this.

Headaches are a symptom of withdrawal buddy, I bet the next time you snort/smoke/shoot it they'll be gone

If you've been using on a weekly basis its quite possible that you have done damage to your body. Being real, you have done damage to your body and it is time to stop at least for a while. Give your body a couple years to heal. However, if you are going to continue using it I would suggest lowering the number to 1 time a month and slowly try to do it less and less. You're still young and its not too late to stop and save your health you may have done some damage but you can stop now and save yourself!