• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How much H is a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObieWan

Bluelighter
I realize how vague and subjective the question is, but I'm still asking it. I kicked a horrible drinking problem, but I'm now banging H daily. Such is the life of an addict I suppose.

Ten years ago I used to get bundles of stamp bags and never measured it. After a hiatus of more than a decade I picked it up again. I now buy a gram or more at a time (high-grade stuff). I love the first 30 minutes after dosing, so I prefer to dose less volume and more frequently. I've been taking 20 to 50mg 2-5 times a day. I try to keep it under 100mg but have gotten above 300mg. At the low doses I get that warm pleasant feeling, but when I push it higher the tolerance goes through the roof and I need more and more and the euphoria is less pronounced. It also gets fucking expensive.

I guess to be more specific, in those who are dependent what is the range of dosing volume and where do I fit? Ultimately I'd like to reduce to usage 1 to 2 times weekly if possible, and yes I realize how that sounds (impossible) but the effects are so much more pleasant (except for the histamine itching). Also if I need to taper I can do so from a smaller dose. If someone said they take x mg of hydrocodone every day, I'd know exactly where they fit in the spectrum, but with H I have no idea.

The problem is that Hydrocodone comes in standardized dosage units, when it says 10mg it will be within 5% or so of that. Heroin isn't exactly quality controlled by a regulatory body overseeing production and packaging. It would be like if I gave you a glass of beer, it could be light beer at 3% EtOH or a Pale Ale at 9%, and I'm sure H varies a lot more than that. You just don't know unless there's a trusted label or you taste it. Also it's very difficult to estimate 20 to 50mg without a lab scale, 300mg not quite as tough, but again "high grade" isn't an exact percentage so trying to pinpoint where you're at gets murky.

Seeing as there is no real ceiling with H and people have been known to have habits well over a gram per day, you are def not past the point of no return or anything, but not exactly a "Chipper" either. It's difficult to label your use with a standard metric like pain pills.

But if you want to drop down to a few times a week it would be far more feasible with a long acting agonist like methadone or buprenorphine. Stick with your plan too as the sub doctors want to keep people on them forever IME, same with methadone. But a taper with either one of those would be much easier than the rapid cycling of a short acting agonist like H.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and close this.

There are literally a hundred different factors that keep us from being able to answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.