• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How much dried San Pedro Cactus to take?

OSaamm

Greenlighter
Hello wonderful people, I was lucky enough to get a bulk amount of dried San Pedro Cactus 🌵 in powder form. My question is what is the preferred way of using this marvelous substance. I put in capsules and took a micro dose of 7g but I don't feel much after a few hours. Should I make tea? If so what is a good dose. Thank you all!

It's tough to eat enough to have a full psychedelic trip, or at least for me. And tea isn't much better, IMO.
Most folks do an extraction - and eat a bit of crystal.
A bit easier on the tummy for sure!
Check this thread, about a third of the way down and read G_Chem's post about a simple, or in his words, crude extract.

Awesome tek, @G_Chem, BTW!(y)
Thank you again! I tried making tea and almost threw up. Mixed some with apple sauce as I read someone else do and it was much better. I've been tripping all day and it's still going strong. I only ended up doing 15g total of dried powder but I will try a double dose next weekend.

Right on, glad to hear you kept it all down! Good idea to start small, and increase slowly.
Also, if you have lotsa material, give an extract a shot. There's a ton of recipes out there and makes the consuming more enjoyable.
If you have the time, consider doing a little trip report and post it in the Trip Reports section.
We always enjoy reading those!

Right on, glad to hear you kept it all down! Good idea to start small, and increase slowly.
Also, if you have lotsa material, give an extract a shot. There's a ton of recipes out there and makes the consuming more enjoyable.
If you have the time, consider doing a little trip report and post it in the Trip Reports section.
We always enjoy reading those!
Will do! I have been trying to find a viable way to make an extract out of powders online and I'm just not sure which way to go to make sure I don't lose much Mescaline in the process. Any suggestions?

Acid base extraction. Put finely ground plant material into acidic water add non polar solvent then add base. Mix thouroughly and separate out non polar layer. Evaporate solvent to get crude extract of alkaloids.

Others have explained it much more elegantly and precisely than this.

It's the hardest acid/base extraction I've ever attempted by far - working with cactus snot is a challenge.

Maybe have a look here:

🙏