• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does Vicodin last?

JohnDoe3290

Greenlighter
I've been taking Vicodin for the past two weeks, but haven't stayed awake long enough for them to wear off ever, and so I was wondering, how long can I expect it to last? I've gone through 18 pills in the past 2 weeks, so I should have a small tolerance, and I'm 6'3" 165 lb.

my exp and routine is to use ~25-30mg, as anything more doesn't seem to do anything more, and generally a dose is good for 3-4 hours. i'm ~5'9" and 140lb with a fairly high metabolism and tolerance having used opiates daily for the last 6-7 years and occasionally before (I was in a bad car wreck). Hydrocodone is a great painkiller and mood lifter but not a "hard" opiate IMHO. But a friend can't take 10mg without getting sick (no tolerance at all) and he'd be sick all night. a big guy too. IMHO its great if its all you got but ideally I'd use it to potentiate something else. Like taking 10mg with a usual pod tea dose greatly augments it. My doc told me a couple advil also potentiates it greatly (and always writes an 800mg ibuprofen with any hydrocodone/APAP)

It all depends on your dose, tolerance, brain chemistry, etc. At the best the high will last like 4 hours, at worst it'll only last 30 min. It seems like as tolerance increases the duration decreases as well as euphoric effects, so even if it lasts 4 hours for you it won't be that way if you continue to take them.

my exp and routine is to use ~25-30mg, as anything more doesn't seem to do anything more, and generally a dose is good for 3-4 hours. i'm ~5'9" and 140lb with a fairly high metabolism and tolerance having used opiates daily for the last 6-7 years and occasionally before (I was in a bad car wreck). Hydrocodone is a great painkiller and mood lifter but not a "hard" opiate IMHO. But a friend can't take 10mg without getting sick (no tolerance at all) and he'd be sick all night. a big guy too. IMHO its great if its all you got but ideally I'd use it to potentiate something else. Like taking 10mg with a usual pod tea dose greatly augments it. My doc told me a couple advil also potentiates it greatly (and always writes an 800mg ibuprofen with any hydrocodone/APAP)
I kind of doubt Advil potentiates anything.

Why add another nsaid ?? Vicodin is ready lousy with apap. Norco significantly better but still.

For actual pain nsaids are great but as far as euphoria nah.

i'm not sure acetaminophen is a genuine NSAID. But just goin with what an MD told me. He prolly meant potentiates pain relief though. Obv there are other ways to potentiate the absorption (grapefruit juice, Tagamet, etc)

I usually request 10mg Norco over Percocet, they last longer for me and do as good of job. Though of course enough oxy does increase the effect. Just saying though I'm dependent, hydro/APAP does better for me. Oxy wears off way too fast if not a -CR pill.

i'm not sure acetaminophen is a genuine NSAID. But just goin with what an MD told me. He prolly meant potentiates pain relief though. Obv there are other ways to potentiate the absorption (grapefruit juice, Tagamet, etc)

My doc told me it potentiates pain relief as well. They aren't totally sure how APAP works but they think it acts on the central nervous system. I'm honestly not sure if that means it would potentiate recreational use or not.