• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long do you habe to take benzos to get withdrawl effects?

pbellwoar22

Greenlighter
I have been taking about 1-2 mg of xanax for the past 10 days to help me sleep. I was wondering if I stop cold turkey will I get any withdraw symptoms and how bad they will be. Also how long do you have to to benzos for to get withdrawal when you stop? Lastly if I do withdraw is there anything that can help with it that won't lead to an addiction.

I would imagine it would take daily use for a few weeks before any addiction to xanax would be noticed - you will be fine to stop taking them after only 10 days when used correctly for sleep.

Only a few days? At that dose you should be fine...Maybe a little irritability and insomnia for a day or 2.

It's when you have taken them for mths like I have, that problems arrive. They just feel too good for me. I have serious anxiety and Etizolam which I compare to almost as strong as Xanax, knocks the constant thinking and worrying out of me. They are VERY addictive. You may already know this. Take Care :)

Thanks for the advice. I'm about a month clean from doing 120mg of oxycodone a day so I just wanted to make sure I don't get another addiction

always good to talk to your doc about any concerns you have
1 to 2mg is quite a dose of xanax unless you have a natural high tolerance
if anything you wont feel shit or you can have some strong rebound anxiety <---it will eventually pass and isnt dangerous
only a weeks worth isnt long enough to exp anything crazy but at doses that high for a longer period of time will result is some WD issues for sure