How long do 'warnings' stay on your record?

dilated_pupils

Bluelighter
How long does a warning stay on your record? I got pulled over for reckless driving a couple weeks ago, and have been wondering how long this will be on my record (they even sent something in the mail).

Also, if I am in another state, or even another town, would this warning I received be viewable to those other townships?

driving laws vary from state to state. call the department of motor vehicles in the state where the warning was issued and ask them how long they keep warnings on record.

if you are in another town in the same state where the warning was issued, it will almost certainly come up in a database search. i'm not sure about neighboring states, though.

Haha, damn i didnt know they put that shit on your record.

Usually the cop just says 'you can go with a warning" and thats the extent of it. they never sent anything to anyone that i know who got a warning. maybe theres a difference between verbal and written.

shit either way i learned something new today

Well I was given a written warning from the officer, and then one was sent to my house... So I'm sure it's on my record, I just have no idea how long.

I live in Pennsylvania though if that helps anyone... I'll try and find someone I can call though.