• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after taking diazepam is it safe to take methadone?

Artificial Emotion

Bluelighter
I took dizepam at 12AM last night (a rather large dose) and I would like to know when it's safe to take a recreational dose of methadone today? I don't want to overdose!

your question is pretty vague. hom many mg of diazepam is a large dose? how many mg. of methadone will you be taking? what are your usual recreational doses?

Thanks for replying. I took 26mg diazepam and am planning to do the same tonight. Tomorrow I will be taking 72mg methadone which is a a recreational dose for me. I have a low tolerance to benzos so that dose of benzos is enough to knock me out into a deep sleep.

I wouldnt risk it with a long acting benzo without tolerance the next day. I still feel high dose diazepam the next day. At least take bit less methadone than you would take at once and up the dose if you feel comfortable.

Thank god I didn't. I've been asleep the whole damn day today! It was way too much diazepam to take and I've missed the opening hours of the chemist to get my methadone now. God knows whether they're open during new year's bank holiday tommorow. I still feel spacey.

I'm prescribed them both - the diazepam is only to be taken as required but I get it on the basis that I completely tolerate my methadone dose. There is nothing to stop me taking up to 20mg at any time during a 24 hour period, regardless of when I have taken my methadone but as stated this is down to my prescribers and I having a good understanding of what I can 'handle' - as I take the methadone every day it has little psychoactive effect and therefore does not dangerously synergise the diazepam or vice versa.

Wow I thought I'd missed a whole day but it just turned out that my alarm clock was not working correctly.

I'm actually prescribed the diazepam I used, but I'm meant to take 6mg per day which I don't. I just save it up for when I have panic attacks and when I can't sleep (I am aware a shorter acting benzo would be better for this), so this is how I managed to get a hold of it. Anyway I know from personal experience that 10mg the night before taking a triple-the-usual dose of methadone isn't dangerous in my situation because I have done it so many times. Taking the dose I did though would have been very dangerous since the effects lasted well into the next day with me sleeping for an inordinate amount of time which is unusual for me to say the least.

Anyway thank you for preventing me from making a terrible mistake as I could very well have died since I live alone. I will just have to be more careful in the future and not get tempted to take large doses of benzos anywhere near the time I triple dose my methadone for recreational purposes.

It's good to hear you made a good choice my friend - too many times it's too easy to to think in the moment 'fuck it' and before you know it your in real trouble. It's really reassuring to see that folk are still able to stop and think. It's taken 20 odd years of getting myself into all kinds of medical scrapes to even start growing a brain regarding some of these issues.

Oh I used to be just as reckless as anyone else when I was younger but I think that's just a part of growing up. It's a wonder we're both still alive with the shit you (by the sounds of it) and I have gotten into.

I think if I'm going to 'potentiate' for lack of a better term my methadone on purpose the best drug is cannabis since this doesn't really seriously interact with any pharmaceutical drug that I'm aware of whereas combining sedatives where the whole sedation is greater than the sum of its parts can lead to overdose territory which is just not worth it. It's definitely one thing to take your usual therapeutic dose of methadone with your usual therapeutic dose of benzos and another to combine recreational doses of each drug. If you were going to experiment combining benzos for a better high it might be better to do it in the company of someone with a naloxone pen or in a safe consumption room or hospital. They actually gave me a naloxone pen last week but the problem is you can't use it on yourself and I'm not always able to be with someone when I get high.

Glad to hear ya didn't take it. I've been on clonzepam 15 years but only on methadone 3 years and days I double my methadone dose I don't take benzos-too easy to od that way
Quick question though if you triple dose don't you get really dopesick going a couple days without?

I either save up 6ml for four days, so I have 18ml per day instead of 24ml or I go without on the friday, triple up on the Saturday and go without on the Sunday. I don't get dopesick per say, maybe a little lethargic but that's it.

Meth&benzos

I been taking methadone 40 mls and diazepam 20 but now 14mg as im dettoxing , both combined for a period of 3 and a half years and ive been fine , i also do what u do i save up like 3 days of valium at weekends usually then i bosh 42 mg in one go and im fine on sat as the diazepam is still working and sunday i just chill . Mon-fri i take 40ml of meth and 14 diaz together so i think you would be fine taking both but we are all different. My tolerance is so high where as yours sounds like its low .